Delete: A Few FDS Requests

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#1 Mento  Moderator

Been checking the site's FDS library. Found a few duplicates:

Aces: Iron Eagle 3 is a duplicate of Ultimate Air Combat. (For some reason the Japanese release retained the name of the movie it was based on.) Delete the former.

Here is The Goonies page and The Goonies page. I'd say scrap the one with no pictures and less information.

Suishou no Dragon and Crystal Dragon are the same game. The Crystal Dragon page even has an alias for the former's title, and way more information/pictures besides, so that's the keeper. However, since the game was never released outside Japan, the page ought to retain the name Suishou no Dragon with "Crystal Dragon" as an alias.

Finally, we have separate pages for Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic (the title of which ought to be edited, since we don't allow accents in page titles. Unless we do now?) and Super Mario Bros. 2, the well-known US/EU Mario game that was based on it. I'd be fine with keeping them separate, but people might want to fold the first into the second because there aren't too many differences beyond cosmetic changes and how the game's progression works. This has probably been argued to death, though, so feel free to ignore the merging request. At any rate, there shouldn't be separate pages as well as a Release on the Super Mario Bros 2 page for Doki Doki Panic.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

I recall arguing in favor of merging Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2, but apparently nothing ever actually came of it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 are not the same game. Super Mario Bros. 2 is more than just a reskinned Doki Doki Panic. There are very significant gameplay differences in addition to the graphic facelift.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4 Marino  Staff

@mento: I don't even know what FDS means but some other mod deleted the dupes. I went ahead and removed the errant releases on the SMB2 page.