Delete: Penis/Vagina

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By musubi

Well, at least we still have the breast bounce page.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By hatking

@mlarrabee said:

Object, not concept.

Your gameplay can include penises, but your gameplay cannot be penises.

I can't quit giggling and making dumb jokes in my head about gameplay that is penises.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By jakob187

@Marino said:

@Hamz: Honestly, I don't think they even warrant object pages. Technically, yes, they would be classified as objects, but are we going to have an object page for every body part, bone, organ, etc.? Seems useless and ripe for users to attach every possible humanoid character to everything.

By that same idea, pages for stuff like gun or grass or many other incredibly common things shouldn't bother being on here because they are capable of the same level of abuse.

Moreover, I remember the longstanding rule about wikis being "if it's not confirmed, then it's not something to be added". Frankly, just because someone is "male" in the game...unless there is a physical penis shown, it would mean that you can't add it, right?

Nonetheless, I think that what you said is just generally flimsy to say "well, these other objects shouldn't exist because it would lead to abuse".

As for these pages in general, they should exist as object pages ONLY if the objects are actually present in the game. That IS the way object pages work, right? We have to see the object IN THE GAME? If that's the case, it can't be abused nearly as bad as you have made it out. I understand that people can be dicks (no pun intended) and spam it with bullshit, but at the same time, saying "they shouldn't exist at all" is backwards progression.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Demoskinos: SHHHHHH it's a secret!

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By EuanDewar

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS FASCINATING CONCEPT OF "ROCK HARD DUDES WITH ROCK HARD COCKS"

The page st

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#56  Edited By Marino  Staff

@jakob187 said:

@Marino said:

@Hamz: Honestly, I don't think they even warrant object pages. Technically, yes, they would be classified as objects, but are we going to have an object page for every body part, bone, organ, etc.? Seems useless and ripe for users to attach every possible humanoid character to everything.

By that same idea, pages for stuff like gun or grass or many other incredibly common things shouldn't bother being on here because they are capable of the same level of abuse.

Moreover, I remember the longstanding rule about wikis being "if it's not confirmed, then it's not something to be added". Frankly, just because someone is "male" in the game...unless there is a physical penis shown, it would mean that you can't add it, right?

Nonetheless, I think that what you said is just generally flimsy to say "well, these other objects shouldn't exist because it would lead to abuse".

As for these pages in general, they should exist as object pages ONLY if the objects are actually present in the game. That IS the way object pages work, right? We have to see the object IN THE GAME? If that's the case, it can't be abused nearly as bad as you have made it out. I understand that people can be dicks (no pun intended) and spam it with bullshit, but at the same time, saying "they shouldn't exist at all" is backwards progression.

It's a somewhat slippery slope either way. Should we have a "Fingers" page? Should we have a "Ears" page? While they obviously appear in games, I don't think it's necessary.

As for your mention of gun and grass, grass specifically has been a long-standing debate. Pages like that, and "Earth" for example, are largely abused. The original idea for a "grass" page was for games that use grass in a significant way (i.e. Flower). It's not really supposed to be used for listing every baseball game ever made.

I would imagine we will be seeing quite a few changes in how things like this are handled once the new site rolls out.

(And, yes, I'll keep an eye out for LoL stuff at PAX for you.) ;)

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By EuanDewar
@MariachiMacabre
Hailinel, Wiki Cop, is correct. Delete it because it's a tangible thing. Tangible things are not concepts.
TANGIBLE DICK
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Marino  Staff

@Demoskinos said:

Well, at least we still have the breast bounce page.

@Irvandus said:

@Demoskinos: SHHHHHH it's a secret!

It's far from being a secret. It's one of the most visited concept pages.

I don't have a problem with it though. It's a valid page.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By musubi

@Marino said:

@jakob187 said:

@Marino said:

It's a somewhat slippery slope either way. Should we have a "Fingers" page? Should we have a "Ears" page? While they obviously appear in games, I don't think it's necessary.

As for your mention of gun and grass, grass specifically has been a long-standing debate. Pages like that, and "Earth" for example, are largely abused. The original idea for a "grass" page was for games that use grass in a significant way (i.e. Flower). It's not really supposed to be used for listing every baseball game ever made.

I would imagine we will be seeing quite a few changes in how things like this are handled once the new site rolls out.

(And, yes, I'll keep an eye out for LoL stuff at PAX for you.) ;)

The thing that stuck out to me about these pages though is that were in an era where unlike ears or fingers the appearance of said genitalia are still a fairly rare occurrence. I guess the nudity page works but say for whatever reason you were curious to find out what games had specifically male nudity. Sure, games like GTA IV could be attached to the nudity page but that doesn't tell me the specifics at a glance.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Marino  Staff

@Demoskinos said:

The thing that stuck out to me about these pages though is that were in an era where unlike ears or fingers the appearance of said genitalia are still a fairly rare occurrence. I guess the nudity page works but say for whatever reason you were curious to find out what games had specifically male nudity. Sure, games like GTA IV could be attached to the nudity page but that doesn't tell me the specifics at a glance.

If the Nudity page is built/written properly, you could find that out fairly easily.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By hanktherapper

I must post this Larry Sanders Show moment because of your title and where I got my username.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By Hailinel