Delete: Telltale Single Episode Pages

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By teptom

These shouldn't exist, right? Aren't Sam & Max: Save The World, Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Tales of Monkey Island, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and Back to the Future: The Game each considered a single game?

While those pages above should be the only ones, they're pretty much treated as hubs to the episode pages. I've also seen ridiculous instances where a page is linked to every single episode of Back to the Future, Devil's Playhouse, etc. It's especially weird when the later Telltale games aren't done like this on the site.

Unless I'm crazy, I think these pages should be deleted:

Sam & Max: Save the World:

Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space:

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse:

Wallace & Gromit:

Strong Bad:

Tales of Monkey Island:

Back to the Future:

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

I think they were originally given individual pages because for the most part they are stand-alone games with mostly self-contained plots. Then several of them got compilation releases on retail discs or on other platforms, which, as I understand it, are in fact handled by creating a separate game page for them.

AFAIK, the only Telltale games for which single episode pages should not are the newer ones where subsequent episodes are released as DLC rather than stand alone games.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

I can only speak for Sam & Max but each episode is a separate executable and not launched from a hub menu like in The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us, where episodes are considered DLC.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Whether or not Telltale seasons count as a individual games is a tricky one - I would err on the side of considering each season to be a single game though.

If you look on the Telltale website, you'll see that all seasons are marketed as being single entities now (except Bone). Whether or not something has a separate executable isn't exactly the best indicator that something is a singular game or not (consider military shooters that have a separate executable for single-player and another for multiplayer).

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

In most if not all of those cases, they were sold and distributed as individual games. Separate achievement/trophy lists too. It's not until The Walking Dead or around there that it changed to the entire season being the game.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Yes every one of those was sold as individual episodes for quite a while. Like LordAndrew said they also have their own achievements and are still treated as separate on the PS3 and 360.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

The pages are fine as is.