Incorrect Sonic the Hedgehog release

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By cunners
Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Joker

I believe this is just a compilation of all games he is the star in. As you can see, the games are under the Xbox360 section, which would imply the author meant to put that there.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Oh yeah. I see it. There's the XBLA release (which belongs there), and there's the terrible next-gen release listed.

cunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cunners

Joker - no, this is the game sonic the hedgehog. The original game from the genesis/mega drive etc. Hence it is not the same game as the newer next gen release, which as LordAndrew says, was awful.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HazBazz
cunners said:
"Joker - no, this is the game sonic the hedgehog. The original game from the genesis/mega drive etc. Hence it is not the same game as the newer next gen release, which as LordAndrew says, was awful."
I'm not sure what you're saying. Which game are you saying shouldn't be there? The XBLA re-release?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
HazBazz said:
"cunners said:
"Joker - no, this is the game sonic the hedgehog. The original game from the genesis/mega drive etc. Hence it is not the same game as the newer next gen release, which as LordAndrew says, was awful."
I'm not sure what you're saying. Which game are you saying shouldn't be there? The XBLA re-release?"
No. The one that doesn't belong is the Xbox 360 version. The one that clearly shows Xbox 360 box art.

I just changed the platform for the other one to Xbox Live Marketplace, so it shouldn't cause any further confusion.
cunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cunners
HazBazz said:
"cunners said:
I'm not sure what you're saying. Which game are you saying shouldn't be there? The XBLA re-release?"

The game that shouldn't be there is the one at the very bottom of the list. The xbox 360 one, which is the newer sonic game, not the old one. The XBLA release is fine because it's the correct version of sonic.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, the 360 game is completely different and should be on a different page. The issue of different games with the same name is one that I know staff and mods are looking at already, but they haven't really come up with a good solution yet.

edit: It appears that the 360 game already has its own page, so yes that one release for the older game just needs to be deleted.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Daniel

Done! Thanks fellas!