Platform option - Interactive DVDs?

interea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering how to add releases for interactive DVDs – editions of games that were playable through an ordinary DVD player. By this, I don't mean adding interactive films as games (such as the interactive DVD release of Final Destination 3), but versions of games already on Giantbomb that were released in this format (e.g. Tender Loving Care, Hourglass of Summer).

Is it possible to add this as a new Platform, or would it be better to add these releases with the Platform field left blank and add something like (DVD) or (interactive DVD) at the end in the Title field?

(Sorry if this has already been asked or is covered in a style guide – I did try to search!)

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

For now I would make a mention of it on the wiki page itself. I think this is a great idea for sure, but I am all for more information. I know the Dragon's Lair games also came out on DVD.

interea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey @bobafettjm, thanks for the positive response. I just looked at those two examples I provided more thoroughly, and interactive DVD releases are already mentioned in their Overview sections.

I've since read that interactive DVDs are sometimes referred to as DVDi ('DVD interactive'). If I added it as a new Platform, perhaps I could use this as its name to avoid confusion/be more specific?