Really Unfortunate Deletion Requests

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#1  Edited By LordAndrew

The first item is on a few user lists, so I expect it might be controversial. Oh, and apparently the second one has a few defenders too. I reckon we can discus those here, but the rest should be uncontroversial.

Pages to delete/combine

A list of pages that should be deleted or combined with another page

1. Really Unfortunate Game Name

This one's pretty subjective, and probably more suitable as a list.

2. DRM Free

Oh my.

3. Battle for Mars

Dupliocate

4. Ichigo

Duplicate

5. Megapak 2

MobyGames has pictures of these Megapaks. They're just collections of independent CDs.

6. Megapak 3

7. Megapak 5

8. Megapak 6

9. Megapak 7

10. Megapak 8

11. Megapak 9

12. Megasixpak
BinocularFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By BinocularFever

Well, I certainly agree with all that you posted. Really Unfortunate Game Name would be much better as a list.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

The duplicates and Megapacks have been deleted. This thread is now opened to debate over the subjectivity and necessity for the first two requests. I would like to see any arguments for or against their deletion.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

Really Unfortunate Game Name should be deleted, as it seems spawned more from someone's desire to see sophomoric humor in game titles than it is a valid concept.

As for DRM Free, I don't really see a reason for that one either.  I mean, yes, there are games out there that don't have DRM associated with them, but isn't it more notable for a game to have DRM than to not have it?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

Definitely pro deletion of Really Unfortunate Game Name  
It's far too subjective.

Also would not be sad to see the DRM Free page go away as there seems to be only one truly relevant entry on the list.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel

And now that I look at the page again, a lot of the names on the Really Unfortunate Game Names page don't seem all that unfortunate.  Ben There, Dan That and Muscle March?  What's unfortunate about either of those?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
@Hailinel: Yeah, I didn't get that either. Ben There, Dan That is an intentional pun, referring to the two main characters. Is "Dan" also an obscure euphemism for sex or something?
Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Disagreeing with the content of a page doesn't mean the entire concept should be deleted. Personally I would get rid of a few of those too but there isn't much subjectivity to "Touch Dic."

And you also shouldn't delete the page off some misplaced moral highground about what people should consider funny.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
@Turtlemayor333: Pages on the wiki are not vehicles for our own humour. If we want to do something funny, we have other ways of doing it. Lists for example. A number of users have already created lists of games with funny names. Others are free to do the same.
Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Turtlemayor333
@LordAndrew: 

I agree completely. Read my post again. The humor, that's whether you find it funny or "sophomoric," shouldn't be a factor.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hailinel
@Turtlemayor333 said:
" Disagreeing with the content of a page doesn't mean the entire concept should be deleted. Personally I would get rid of a few of those too but there isn't much subjectivity to "Touch Dic."  And you also shouldn't delete the page off some misplaced moral highground about what people should consider funny. "
But not everyone considers the same things funny.  Humor is something that is entirely subjective.  Yes, there are jokes that wider audiences find funny, but even so joke pages have no place on the wiki.  The purpose that this concept serves could just as easily be done (and would be better suited as) a list.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordAndrew
@Turtlemayor333: We already have Double Entendre in Game Names, which does the same thing as this page without trying to label the titles as "unfortunate". It's not perfect, but it's less subjective than this one.