Request a fix for RELEASE issues here!

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

http://www.giantbomb.com/guilty-gear-xrd-sign/3030-42679/releases/

• DELETE - Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- JP Arcade release. We have a wiki page for Revelator.
  • DELETE - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- USA PC release that has a 12/10/15 release date. Another user inputted the same PC release earlier and his entry was just approved after pending as was done before I went in to insert my release entry afterwards.
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

Done up to here.

Kalor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By Kalor
DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By DeF
NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#205 NuclearWinter  Moderator

Done up to here.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lego Jurassic Park and Lego Star Wars have 3DO releases listed, which I highly doubt exist and should be deleted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

This Telebubbies game has a Wii U release which is highly unlikely (link)

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

The iPod release for Battleborn Tap needs to be deleted. iPod platform is supposed to only be for the click wheel style iPod, not iPod Touch.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#210 riostarwind  Moderator
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#211 Marino  Staff

Done up to here.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

THE iDOLM@STER page has two The iDOLM@STER 2 releases, which should be removed/moved to THE iDOLM@STER 2. Some of the PSP releases also seem like they belong to a different page.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#215  Edited By reverendhunt

Been trying to keep a running tally of what to have compilation releases need to be removed from single releases. I keep forgetting and the text file I had didn't get saved, so I'm starting it here:

• Salamander 2 - Remove PlayStation, Saturn, and PlayStation Portable releases
  • Skiing - Remove PlayStation and Mac releases
stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly a bug, not really sure what happened, but I clicked submit on a new release and nothing happened (no page change or points popup). I clicked again, assuming it just hadn't registered, and still nothing happened. Checking the page after that shows two releases have been added AND I have a further two pending in my wiki history (normally they go straight to approved, as I have 5000+ wiki points).

Regardless of how it happened, it now means The Magic Circle needs one of the Xbox One releases removing.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting here to say I had the same bug that @stordoff had in regards to submitting new releases on a wiki page over the weekend. I have releases "pending" on Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Phantom Brave. I have over 5,000 points and did not have an issue until now.

TechiesRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GooDMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

http://www.giantbomb.com/flat-path/3030-55209/releases/

please delete all Australia releases.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are multiple releases that need to be deleted for Night Stalker. These are releases for compilations.

Homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Please delete the TurboGrafx-16 release for Snatcher. The Releases page has the correct releases for TurboGrafx-CD; the incorrect one for the TG-16 can be deleted, which will make the Releases page for this game 100% correct and complete.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge has a duplicate release, which should be deleted. It's the one listed at the top which has less detail than the others. Here's a direct link to it.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Since we now have a Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 page with GB content, I request deletion of the following releases on the Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- page.

EDIT-I'll rescind the release removal requests for now. I understand the DLC upgrade element but feels weird since the Quick Look was tagged onto the REV 2 page, which I thought had a request for removal earlier.

@reverendhunt Are you okay with the deletion requests? Since I know you were working on the releases for the page.

Link to Releases page.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By reverendhunt

@infinitespark: REV 2 isn't a separate game. It's just DLC, that you can also buy along with the game itself on the same disc/download. If you already have Revelator you can just get the new stuff. It's like Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition or Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to Boruto. REV 2 shouldn't have its own article and those releases should remain for Revelator.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By bobafettjm
  • The Xbox 360 release for Juno First should be deleted as the game was just included in Game Room.
  • Shao-Lin's Road also has a whole lot of releases that need to be deleted that are just compilations and also a Game Room release.
  • And Kitten Kaboodle has a Game Room release that needs to be deleted.
fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#231  Edited By fiye

Hi bobafettjm!

Where is the problem with the compilation releases of the game Shao-Lin's Road? These were added by me and it was a lot of work.

A look into the Wiki Rules....

Releases

Game pages are organized by title, not by individual releases. As such, there is a release section to every game, which will allow you to document all the different regions the game has come out in, as well as the different platforms it has spanned, and compilations that it's been a part of...........

Greetings

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we really gonna count the SNES Classic as a SNES release for Star Fox 2?

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiye: I certainly do not want good work to get thrown away, I was just always under the impression that the compilations were not wanted in each game's releases. If that is not so then they should certainly stay.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By reverendhunt

Yeah I thought there was somewhere where it was pretty explicitly stated that compilations don't go in releases for individual games; only bundles. Like if Giant Bomb's Greatest Hits was all of the GB games on one cart/disc/download, it doesn't go into each game's release. But if all six got their own discs, it would.

EDIT: I thought Game Room was an exception, though.

EDIT 2: In the same paragraph as your quote, @fiye, it says

There are specific exceptions to the rule with games that come bundled as one package and appear on a certain platform by only that means (such as The Orange Box), but generally these are all releases.

Which would disqualify most of those compilation releases for Shao-Lin Road under releases. But then, that would disqualify a bunch of those GBA and DS compilations that @bobafettjm and I have made as their own articles....

I honestly feel like that entire FAQ needs an up-to-date rewrite, as it's from 2010 and obviously a lot has changed. Most glaringly just from a cursory glance, it states that only staff can make accessory pages, which is no longer so.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am certainly for them staying if that is what the mods want, just wanting to stick to some kind of standard. I always thought games that were part of a bundle that included each game on it's own media was just a release while a compilation that includes multiple games on a single piece of media using some sort of menu system or the like was a stand alone page.

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#236  Edited By fiye

It's confusing. So, staying at the Shao Lin's Road releases as an example, it would mean the compilations "Konami's Arcade Collection"(for Amstrad CPC, C64 and ZX Spectrum), Konami La Collection(Amstrad CPC), Special Action (Amstrad CPC, C64) are valid entries for an release and stand alone pages are not wanted for these. The other compilations for the Nintedo DS and PlayStation are invalid entries because they have(or can have) an stand alone page.

Wouldn't it then be easier to allow all compilations in general to have an stand alone page and then to ban all of them from the release-pages of the single games? Then it would be enough to mention and link the compilation in the overview of the single games that are part of the compilation.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the way I'd been doing it (and I swear I saw that this was the rule written elsewhere on the site)

• Single item release - own article, not on individual game releases. These are games where everything is on a single cart/CD/download/tape, etc. I'd been doing this regardless of if it was already released on that system before or not, so long as it was all collected together and you can choose the games from a menu or whathaveyou. If Giant Bomb Adventures 1-6 comes out on one disc for Xbox One, it would get a new article, regardless of if any of those games were on Xbox One before or not, and Giant Bomb Compilation Disc doesn't get put on the releases for individual articles for each installment of Giant Bomb Adventures.
  • Bundle releases - get entered into the individual games' releases. Bundles are just the original games as they were released before, just with new packaging and put together with other games. If Giant Bomb Adventures 1-6 comes out on Xbox One, but they're individual discs, it's a bundle.

Personally, I think that bundles and compilations probably could benefit from being their own thing on the Wiki (like Accessories, Platforms, Concepts, etc.) and you would just have to submit a new bundle/compilation and then fill in the games that are in the pack(s) and then any supplementary information. However, this would obviously be unlikely to happen.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiye said:

Wouldn't it then be easier to allow all compilations in general to have an stand alone page and then to ban all of them from the release-pages of the single games? Then it would be enough to mention and link the compilation in the overview of the single games that are part of the compilation.

Isn't this how it's supposed to work? That's how I've always seen it done and done it myself (killing compilations on release pages). It's also the most logical (so that means we're throwing it out, I guess - yes I'm still bitter about how remakes and the like are handled now...)

Are we really gonna count the SNES Classic as a SNES release for Star Fox 2?

That release was on me. Just put it in there on a whim because I wanted it to show up as released somehow but was annoyed those retro systems don't get acknowledged in any way as platforms. We really need some more flexibility in this wiki.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Life is Strange has multiple releases for the individual episodes. Seems like they (except Episode One) would be better as DLC listings.

There's also one listed as "PEGI Rating Label Life is Strange Limited Edition", which may be a typo.

H3nry001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure which area this should be in but a DLC needs removing. The page is here the very end one needs removing that has little information such as the release date or image.

BGoldenTLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please kill all of the Gunpey releases marked "DELETE ME". This entire series was shoved into one game's releases. I've broken them out into their own games.