/sign

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ParanoidFreak

They should probably be combined with the regular pages.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By roushimsx

The following games that you listed are not special editions in the sense that you're thinking of:

• Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Deluxe Edition is a rerelease / compilation of Allied Assault, Spearhead and Breakthrough.
  • Gabriel Knight Mysteries Limited Edition is a rerelease / compilation of Beast Within and Sins of The Fathers.
  • No idea what the Need For Speed Special Edition is unless it was a botched entry for the updated Need For Speed II.
  • Doom: Collector's Edition was a rerelease / compilation of Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Final Doom.
  • Doom 3 Limited Collector's Edition includes Doom and Doom 2, so it questionably falls into the realm of a rerelease / compilation. Considering how many rereleases of Doom that there have been, I'd say merge it anyway.
  • Armed Assault Gold is a rerelease / compilation of Armed Assault and Queen's Gambit.
  • FEAR Gold is a rerelease / compilation of FEAR and FEAR: Extraction Point. Likewise FEAR Platinum is FEAR, FEAR: Extraction Point and FEAR: Persus Mandate.
  • Star Wars: Empire At War Gold Pack is a rerelease / compilation of Empire at War and Forces of Corruption.
  • Company of Heroes Gold is a rerelease / compilation of Company of Heroes and Opposing Front.

I concur with the motion to merge the rest, though. Someone really does need to get cracking on filling out those entries... I'll hit up a few, but I need to try to polish up the Duke Nukem pages that I'm working on....plus I noticed that the Grand Theft Auto pages could use a lot of attention and love, too. Seriously, if anyone is using Firefox when they're making their edits, use the damn built in spellchecker. Please.

Quit Edit - Oh, and while I'm not familiar enough with the other ports / variations that you listed, I'd say keep Sonic Adventure DX as its own separate entry since it's as much a compilation as it is a port. A crappy port. Sonic Adventure 2, on the other hand, was a pretty direct and straight forward port, IIRC. Merge that sucker with a vengeance, along with the birthday pack.

Double Edit - Looks like the birthday pack already has a blurb in the Sonic Adventure 2 entry and after doing a bit more research into the differences between 2 and 2: Battle, I'm not nearly as sure that it should be merged. But Birthday Pack? Shit. I'm scanning in the materials right now for the Sonic Adventure 2 image gallery.

Triple Edit - Wait, there's no pages for Armed Assault OR Queen's Gambit yet? What. The. Fuck. Calling in the cavalry!
Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

I say merge most or all of them and just put down the special editions as releases.

gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By gman
Sigh...merging doesn't work.  Any info will have to be manually brought over.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
GMan said:
"Sigh...merging doesn't work.  Any info will have to be manually brought over."
Did the tool blow up or something?
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

Lots of work left to be done on these pages. (Working my way through the old delete/combine/rename requests)