Two Bethesda Pages?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Kyle

Just wondering if this is technically correct because I thought these two were the same: There's currently one page for Bethesda Softworks and another for Bethesda Game Studios.

I think normally I would just think that I'm wrong and they're two different things, but I sort of chuckled when I noticed that the picture for the Softworks page says "Bethesda Game Studios" and the picture for the Game Studios page says "Bethesda Softworks". It made me a little more suspicious so I thought I'd run it through here. Also, the Game Studios page is almost empty.

Same or different?

Bethesda Softworks

Bethesda Game Studios

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lebkin

According to wikipedia, the official company is Bethesda Softworks, LLC.  As for the logos, the article has this to say:

Bethesda uses two logos. "Bethesda Game Studios" is often used to designate games developed "in house" by its own team. This may occasionally be seen on games published in foreign countries by outside publishers that were originally developed by Bethesda.
"Bethesda Softworks" is often used to designate games "published" by Bethesda, but not always developed by them. This usage has not always been consistent from game to game.
So the Bethesda Game Studios should be merged into the Bethesda Softworks page.
gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gman

Our merge tool isn't working.  All data from the Studios page would have to be manually transferred to the Softworks page (so we don't lose that data), then I could delete the Studios page.  If someone could do that, it'd be great.