Wiki subs not showing up in search?

Fuguman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fuguman

Hey everyone, not sure if I should already know this.

I've submitted several games to the wiki, but they're not showing up when I search GiantBomb, although I can access their pages directly from my profile. Is there something I have to do? Have the servers not updated with the new information? Help is appreciated, thanks.

F1000003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By F1000003

Yes, I'm having the same problem:

2n Productions was a page I added 6 days and 21 hours ago. It doesn't yet appear appear in the search, (so I had to add that link manually). Which also means, I can't find it when I search for developers to add to various games' wiki pages.

I don't often add pages, so not sure if this is unusual. My guess is that there is a script that is supposed to index the site in order to update the search table periodically? This probably hasn't been run recently.

F1000003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By F1000003

On the other hand, Goko, a company which I added about ten minutes ago is already showing up in the search... So there goes my theory!

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#4  Edited By bobafettjm

@Fuguman: @F1000003: Sometimes I have noticed that if a page doesn't show up in the search after some time if you make an edit to the body of the page it will end up showing up. 2n Productions is now searchable.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah its buggy, as boba said editing the body usually get it to show up but I've had some pages still not show up after doing that.....if that doesn't work you can also ask someone else to edit the page, that's another way to get a page to show up in the search engine.

Fuguman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Fuguman

Thanks for the help, I'll try this stuff.