#1 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

Once the game opened up in the church area it did nothing but crash every 5 min. Now the game won't even launch. Really interesting how this got out of QA without a fix. Now I get to wonder the whole day at work if I will be able to play when I get home. Good thing I didn't plan on taking the day off.

#2 Edited by Zurv (1012 posts) -

that sucks :( Hopefully others have the same issue so they fix it fast. Of course that would mean other have the problem too... :(

Darn shame sony downloads are sooooooo slow. ie, you could delete the game and reinstall it.

#3 Posted by eternalrift (93 posts) -

If it's any help, Bungie is aware of the problem. Some people on GAF think it might be a hardware problem with certain PS4 Pro units, since most people reporting crashes in D2 also experience crashes in Diablo 3 and Tomb Raider on their Pros.

Sucks a bunch.

#4 Posted by hmoney001 (1251 posts) -

Are there graphic options you can adjust in the menus?

I know it runs 4K checkered board rendering on the ps4 pro.

#5 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

@eternalrift: Wow, if it's a hardware issue I am truly fucked.

#6 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

@hmoney001: At this point the game does not even launch into the menus anymore so I can't really try to change settings. I turned off boost mode and it did nothing.

#7 Posted by eternalrift (93 posts) -

@cheetoman: You could try downloading the Rise of the Tomb Raider demo and see if that also causes crashes. Fingers crossed that it's just a software issue!

#8 Posted by Strangestories (424 posts) -

Hoo boy. I really hope the destiny 2 pro bundle I ordered doesn't suffer the same issue! Or I at least hope it's not a hardware issue. Seems like a large amount of people are having it.

#9 Posted by pompouspizza (1563 posts) -

@strangestories: Mine arrived today. I'll be selling my copy of Destiny but I hope it works okay.

#10 Posted by hmoney001 (1251 posts) -

A buddy of mine has a ps4 pro and just got destiny 2 and he has not had any crashes. He said he played 3 hours straight not a hitch.

Hope its not actual hardware.

#11 Posted by reap3r160 (265 posts) -

@hmoney001: This is somewhat encouraging in the fact that it may not be a hardware issue, though they have said it could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours(3 does SOUND like enough but who knows) for the issue to pop up.

I'll be picking up my copy tonight, downloading the Tomb Raider to try it before cracking open my Destiny copy.

#12 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -
#13 Posted by ThePanzini (731 posts) -

I'm using the Pro and put in more than a dozen hours so far with no crashing.

#14 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

@thepanzini: Just went home for lunch and it totally crashed the PS4. Had to do a hard reset.

#15 Edited by ThePanzini (731 posts) -

@cheetoman: Yeah the issue seems to be affecting a small number of Pro users, the only suggested fix atm is to install D2 to another/different HDD.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
#16 Posted by Colonel_Pockets (1315 posts) -

Damn, that sucks! I haven't had any issues on my PS4 Pro. Fingers crossed that I don't get anything like you're describing.

#17 Posted by Zella (1275 posts) -

Have probably 5 or 6 hours at this point on my Pro and no issues yet.

#18 Posted by csl316 (14968 posts) -

3 crashes in my first half hour, now it's all lagged up on the title screen. Ugh.

#19 Edited by Strangestories (424 posts) -

Just got my white pro. Played for 2 or 3 hours and didn't have any crashes or performance issues. Thank goodness!

#20 Posted by galerian (162 posts) -

This is me throwing stuff to the wall to see if it stick.

Try changing your D2 installation location to external HDD or vice versa

#21 Posted by ripelivejam (13188 posts) -

Currently getting an "Attention: You have lost connnection to the Destiny 2 servers", which i'm sure is going to be a very fleeting issue but is understandably annoying when I actually really feel like playing some goddamn Destiny.

tested w/ Destiny the 1st and same issue, so it's most likely an Activision/Bungie server issuerino.

#22 Posted by hmoney001 (1251 posts) -

Reading up on the issue, seems like putting the game on a different HD doesn't really help.

No real pattern besides being PS4 Pros.

#23 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

@hmoney001: I tried putting it on a different hard drive last night and it still crashed even though it lasted a bit longer than usual. Except this morning I played for about 30 minutes and no crash. Not sure what is happening. Also tried contacting @askplaystation on twitter and no response.

#24 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

I talked to PS support. Will probably get a refund when I get home from work. Tried multiple things but they didn't work.

#25 Edited by Quipido (1562 posts) -

That sucks, sorry to hear people have issues. I am on the pro and must have played over 30 hours at this point and had zero issues. Hope they can fix it with a patch!

#26 Posted by GERALTITUDE (5990 posts) -

Has anyone who had crashed tried rebuilding the database and seen what happens? Seems that can solve a lot.

#27 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -
#28 Posted by GERALTITUDE (5990 posts) -

@geraltitude: I did. Didn't help.

ahh that sucks.

Hopefully they will address soon and god willing it isn't a hardware issue.

#29 Edited by Sidekick-Trio (257 posts) -

Just adding this for info, maybe it'll help someone troubleshoot. Launch PS4 pro, firecuda 2tb sshd, boost mode on, 1080p tv, no crashes.

#30 Posted by Xiurax (3 posts) -

@cheetoman: what are they refunding you for? The game? Or the PS4 pro?

#31 Edited by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

So I just tried changing the resolution to 720p and I have experience no crashes in EDZ or Farm areas. Not sure if this is a permanant fix for now. PS has commented on the problem on twitter. Hope other people see this that are having the same issues.

#32 Edited by seakae (261 posts) -

My PS4 Pro was crashing at the same part in the opening mission. Happened during the beta and final product. Thought it was unusual that it was still happening. Someone online said to download the demo for Rise of the Tomb Raider and if it crashes within 5 minutes of play, then you have a bum GPU and you can get your machine serviced for free (as long as you have a receipt).

Just waiting for the box to show. Thankfully my bro-in-law had a spare PS4.

#33 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

@seakae: Yea, I wish I kept my receipt. I think I might get the PS4 pro destiny editon and test it out to see if it has any issues then trade in the bum one to gamestop.

#34 Edited by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

Just tried playing after the new update that says it fixed a "rare memory leak." Did not fix the crashing.

#35 Posted by seakae (261 posts) -

@cheetoman: Whoever you bought it through should be able to reprint you one.

#36 Posted by capnahav (40 posts) -

This has to be the most frustrating thing. I am a huge fan, put over 100 hours into D1 w friends. I almost considered taking a day or two off work to just enjoy and have a mini staycation. (So happy i didnt do that). I've rebuilt harddrives 3 times with 2 drives, turned on and off every setting that exists yet I still have not been able to get past the opening 10 minutes without a hard crash. Sony will not offer any refunds and the 4gb patch did absolutely nothing. I have a case open with Sony to send back the pro and request a new one on warranty grounds.

Meanwhile all my destiny friends are done with the story and on to end games and night falls. Ah well, hopefully when i get my console is back in a week or two this and No Man's Sky (which also frequently crashes) will work and aliens will be shot in the face once more.

Thankfully Mario X Rabbids is amazing and a worthy distraction.

#37 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

@seakae: I'll call gamestop and ask. Thanks

#38 Posted by Cheetoman (525 posts) -

Who would have thought the Sony stability updates actually do anything. No crashing so far for 1 hour of play.