• 70 results
Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv

I just ran thru the story part and the game seems pretty good. It ran really well too. At 4k with everything "very high" (maxed) i was around 100-120 fps.

I only played like 30min of the first one on a console and did NOT like how it felt (was it 30fps?). The shooting in this new one feels really good. (people said the same for the first one.. but not to me.) I'm not super down on the area type fighting (but this is what Bungie does.)

I'm going to try it later with HDR to see how it looks. Sadly, this doesn't seem like a game i'd want to play with a controller.. but it will be pretty at 4k/hdr :) (The new Shadow of War will be perfect with pc/4k/hrd/sofa/dog.. i'm happy nvidia finally fixed HDR.)

How is everyone else liking it?

I didn't try any of the multiplayer stuff yet.. many later? (Mike? god damn slacker! I know you are playing this already!)

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Casepb

Can't play it right now because I'm at work. Earlier I took a peek at it for a second and noticed the 21:9 isn't real 21:9 just 16:9 zoomed in. The character heads are a bit cut off in the class selection screen so that's a real bummer. I didn't get to really make any adjustments though so maybe something stupid is just set to default? Either way just picking 2560x1080 is no good.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Didn't pre-order but I'm ready to rip and tear.

I know. Wrong game, but, still.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zurv

hrmm.. i have a video.. but YT just makes everything look the same :) Look better than the PS4.. i'm totally sure. Can one tell from a video? hrmm.. maybe?

Loading Video...

but it is 'nuff to show it running well on the PC (and me playing real badly)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

Damn I kinda hate that the open beta is starting tomorrow right as Xcom2 expansion is being released, but I guess I'll spare an hour or two to see how it plays on the PC at some point in the upcoming couple of days.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

@zurv: What card are you running it on?

Also does it have a frame limiter in the options?

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Hestilllives19

@zurv: Can you turn down those aim speeds (not you specifically, but on PC in general)? That would make me sick, especially after playing on a 3 for 3 years in Destiny 1. Mainly due to Sniping and accurately hitting paced shots with a Gamepad, 3-4 was pretty much the sweet spot for competitive PvP. Though during the Shotgun meta I turned it up to 6, but my Primary aim was much worse because of that.

Edit: For reference, this is the look speed of what 3 was in Destiny 1. This is all my gameplay so I know it was done on 3.

Loading Video...

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By John1912

@zurv said:

I just ran thru the story part and the game seems pretty good. It ran really well too. At 4k with everything "very high" (maxed) i was around 100-120 fps.

I only played like 30min of the first one on a console and did NOT like how it felt (was it 30fps?). The shooting in this new one feels really good. (people said the same for the first one.. but not to me.) I'm not super down on the area type fighting (but this is what Bungie does.)

I'm going to try it later with HDR to see how it looks. Sadly, this doesn't seem like a game i'd want to play with a controller.. but it will be pretty at 4k/hdr :) (The new Shadow of War will be perfect with pc/4k/hrd/sofa/dog.. i'm happy nvidia finally fixed HDR.)

How is everyone else liking it?

I didn't try any of the multiplayer stuff yet.. many later? (Mike? god damn slacker! I know you are playing this already!)

What graphics card are you running?

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19:I've always found people making videos using a mouse make me sick when i watch'm. I normally make videos with a controller to deal with that.. (not that anyone really looks at them.. ahah :) )

But not knowing how to play Destiny i was already doing to be bad.. so.. mouse :)

(honestly.. if the controller play isn't super bad.. the 4k/oled/HDR looks great! I might play the story parts on the TV.) I assume they take out the aim assist that console versions have.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zurv

@tennmuerti: My system is a weee bit overkill. :) i9-7900x @4.8ghz and Titan Xp (watercooled) 2ghz in SLI. But the take away is SLI works great! Maybe a 1080 ti could do 4k is one knocked the AA to FXAA (or turned it off)

There doesn't seem to be any frame limiting other than Vysnc.. but real limited options for that. Just on/off 30/60. :( (not sure why someone would want to limit vsync to 30hz)

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not very much in the beta, its even less than in the Destinybeta but lets hope the Beta aint the whole game like last time. looks good and runs good but you cant really se much of what the game is gonna be structure and content wise.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zurv

@tennmuerti: xcom2 >>>>> over mmo lite shooter :) That said, the story party of the beta is like 25-30min.. so.. check it out.. then xcom for 100 hours! (419 hours manz? wow... you really like xcom :) )

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti

@zurv said:

@tennmuerti: xcom2 >>>>> over mmo lite shooter :) That said, the story party of the beta is like 25-30min.. so.. check it out.. then xcom for 100 hours! (419 hours manz? wow... you really like xcom :) )

That's the plan!

Probably at least a hundred of that if not two is just me slogging through the mind numbing Long War 2 campaign. As for the rest, yeah you do a classic run then you do a classic ironman, then an impossible ironman, plus the were a few DLCs, some really good mods that greatly expand the enemy AI options, etc. It stacks up :P

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: The Beta is extremely tiny compared to the overall game. They've already shown just the EDZ (first patrol) and it's massive. It dwarfs anything currently in D1 on Patrols. Edge Magazine, who has already played it also claimed 80+ Story activities when Destiny 1 to this day after 3 years of DLC only has 84. I wouldn't be all that worried about a lack of content like Vanilla Destiny had.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rethla

@hestilllives19: I wasnt worried about content when playing the Vanilla Destiny beta either ;)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bunch of shit vying for my nonexistent time. Getting this on PS4 to play with a friend tho. I might double dip.

CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: I completely support the use of "Rip and Tear" at every possible opportunity.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Keirgo

@zurv said:

@tennmuerti: My system is a weee bit overkill. :) i9-7900x @4.8ghz and Titan Xp (watercooled) 2ghz in SLI. But the take away is SLI works great! Maybe a 1080 ti could do 4k is one knocked the AA to FXAA (or turned it off)

There doesn't seem to be any frame limiting other than Vysnc.. but real limited options for that. Just on/off 30/60. :( (not sure why someone would want to limit vsync to 30hz)

I find the vsync setting in this game odd, the options are as you said, but on mine it goes up to 144hz, as that is what my monitor is capable of. It's odd that framerate cap is not separate from vsync, as far as menu options go anyway, like with a good number of games these days.

And damn, what a monster of a PC. ;)

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pyrodactyl

@hestilllives19 said:

@rethla: The Beta is extremely tiny compared to the overall game. They've already shown just the EDZ (first patrol) and it's massive. It dwarfs anything currently in D1 on Patrols. Edge Magazine, who has already played it also claimed 80+ Story activities when Destiny 1 to this day after 3 years of DLC only has 84. I wouldn't be all that worried about a lack of content like Vanilla Destiny had.

Still plenty of things to worry about. Maybe Destiny 2 will be amazing but if it is, it's because they were really hiding a bunch of stuff during the beta. So, if you're not already super invested make sure to wait for impressions 2-3 days after release or even a week. There's a tremendous number of unknowns and they could very much still fuck things up.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Said the guy I know will be fervently clicking to load into the servers come Midnight on the 6th...

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: I have a problem. Just giving good advice to people so they don't end up like me

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zurv I can't figure out from your posts if you're playing with a controller or not but I'm assuming you tried both with and without.

How does it feel with M+KB?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dgtlty: feels fantastic, using the class ability and melee is bit weird though with the default keyboard mappings, gotta figure out the best key configuration for me

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@dgtlty: I played it with mouse and keyboard. It feels like a PC shooter. Zurv is playing with a mouse and keyboard in this video as well.

Actually, it feels very easy with mouse and keyboard. You just instantly snap to targets and headshot them, recoil is easily manageable with the mouse.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone get a sense if there is any auto-aim, or perhaps a generous hitbox? I didn't get to play very much before having to leave for work, but it seemed fairly easy to land headshots, with the hand cannon specially.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hestilllives19

@keirgo: @mike was saying earlier it felt pretty good. I haven't played it yet but the AA on PS4 Beta felt way low to be honest and since they are tuned independently I assume it's actually even lower than the Consoles. It's probably just a KB/M type of thing, you know being easy to point and click at something. I'll give you a better response tomorrow when I actually get hands on with it. I'm for sure going to be trying both Gamepad and KB/M on it tomorrow to test the differences.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as other have said, the k/m feels real good. I do wish they had some prompt for power usage. Q is one of them :)

The load times seem a bit long, but it might be trying to match in people (i started playing the sec is came up)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By mike

@keirgo said:

Anyone get a sense if there is any auto-aim, or perhaps a generous hitbox? I didn't get to play very much before having to leave for work, but it seemed fairly easy to land headshots, with the hand cannon specially.

I'm leaning towards generous hitbox and not aim assist, it's hard to tell for sure though. Either way, I found the shooting to be extraordinarily easy.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fired it up briefly this morning in 1440 ultra wide and was smooth as butter (didn't check the frame rate at the time). Tell you one thing, KB+Mouse implementation is fantastic. That being said yeah it looks like it has the console hit boxes so mowing down enemies with an endless stream of head shots is remarkably easy.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By glots

Huh, tried the open beta just now. Runs good while still looking great and the already good gameplay of console Destiny feels even better...even easy, as some have mentioned, because it's so snappy to just shoot enemies in the head and whatnot. Don't know, I might change my mind and pick up the pc-version next week. Oh right, not out 'till October...

CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CountPickles

runs really well. Got a 1080, so that was expected.

I turned off the anti-aliasing because I heard that causes graphical issues for the beta, and the game hard crashed once so far. Other than that, works well.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By glots

@fredddi43 said:

@glots: PC Version isn't out until October :(

Just reminded myself of that cruel fact few minutes ago. Oh well, I can play...Knack 2 while waiting. Or I'll just double dip, it's only money anyway.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Haven't played it yet but I'm hoping my GTX 1070 can handle it okay. I've already decided to wait for the PC version myself because 1. I have a bunch of other games I want to play and 2. the PC benefits are just more interesting to me, especially if performance is good.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played last night ran great and felt great on mouse and keyboard. War of the Chosen and Everybody's Golf need to hold me over til PC release.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By onarum

@machofantastico: You'll be fine, it runs perfect with everything maxed out in 2560x1080 at solid 60 for me, and I have a GTX 980

@glots said:

Or I'll just double dip, it's only money anyway.

Well, it's money AND the fact that you'll have to start from scratch
Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hestilllives19

@machofantastico: I have a GTX 770 and I was reading someone saying on Reddit that their 770 ran like a dream in 1080p at max getting well over 60fps. I assume a 1070 should be able to pump out 4K at almost 60fps honestly, so you should be fine.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yup. Feels pretty solid on my humble i5/1060 setup. Had to take my usual ten minutes to rebind some things, but I'm down for the full release in October.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: I had to do the exact same thing, haha. It's puzzling the choices devs make for keybinds sometimes.

Air dash on "X"?? No thanks!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game won't even give me the option for 4k(native resolution) defaults to 3200x1800 which is what i play at anyway but when i put on hdr the screen gets tiny. Seems like this is a common problem? I think borderless windowed works but no hdr there. :-(

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how are the super cooldowns in PvE and PvP? Does everyone get theirs when the leading team gets 55-75 points in control like in the console beta? How about the grenade cooldowns? Still 80 seconds?

jimothyjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jimothyjim

I downloaded the beta specifically to justify to myself that I wasn't into a FPS mmo thing...and I really enjoyed it. On the one hand it's cool that I found an MMO type thing I might actually like and don't have to pay a sub for, but on the other hand now I also get to be annoyed at the delayed pc launch. At least the console people can playtest the game for me just in case the larger game sucks.

Edit: Even enjoying the PvP, probably that wont last once people get good and I start getting destroyed constantly.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vicarious Visions did a great job on getting this to run as well optimized as it is. If they need til the end of October to polish everything up to the level of this beta, I really don't mind. The only downside is Blizzard's frontend implementation of the regional social features, which is a thing I'm surprised to say.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i figured out a work around for my resolution issue. Set it to 1080p and scaled up, hdr works full screen now.

Game feels so much better at 60fps, like i felt underwhelmed with the ps4 beta but this feels really damn good to play.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RalphMoustaccio

@machofantastico: I'm running it at 50 - 80 fps (usually 60+, except in a couple of instances of a bunch of stuff popping off when it drops to the 50s) at 2560x1440 on an i5-3570k @ 4 Ghz and a 970, with a mix of medium and high settings. I set it to the low preset out of curiosity, and didn't see any appreciable performance boost while looking significantly grungier. So, I would say you'll be fine with a 1070.

As others have said, it feels great with an unlocked framerate and m/k, though it feels good with a controller, too, since the hitboxes do still seem generous. I certainly wouldn't try any of the competitive modes with a controller, but single-player and co-op will be fine.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Game runs incredibly well, looks great and feels absolutely fantastic with M&KB. The shooting in Destiny always felt amazing, but being able to use a mouse just makes it that much sweeter. I'm not gonna say it's at the level of DOOM...but it's close. Damn close. I was on the fence, but this convinced me to give Destiny another shot. I haven't played since launch.

Also, it feels very strange to launch a non-Blizzard game from the battle.net launcher. It feels somehow wrong.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strike is easily better than anything i played in destiny 1, granted i never did a raid. Definitely looks like a purchase so far but i need to wait to see what the content is actually gonna be, don't want to be collecting materials doing boring bounties for 60hours again. :-(