• 121 results
Fuwano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fuwano

Jeff's Twitch has a text scroll saying that they'll be playing Destiny at 5AMPDT (noon UTC). Any idea for how long they will be playing? I assume they'll be playing from home.

Edit: Thanks for moving it. I wasn't sure if it was more related to the site or to the game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm guessing the stream will be three or four hours, about long enough to see everything in the game.

I'm kidding people, relax.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

12PM Irish time, I might check it out. Roughly lunch time for me at work, so should be able to catch at least some of it.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Gamespot and Giantbomb will be streaming. Not sure for how long but usually these streams go on for a good while.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's 8am here. Bummer that I won't be able to watch.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hope they do something Tuesday at prime time. See if these damn servers are going to buckle like every other online intensive game.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They will be streaming from...THE MOON

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they do something Tuesday at prime time. See if these damn servers are going to buckle like every other online intensive game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Quick Look Live then.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This live show/quick look will probably determine whether or not I buy the game. Praying it's good. Also, I too hope that they do the quick look live at prime time Tuesday.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By stackboy

Cool, I'll have my retail copy by then, here in Australia.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: There is no need to do that because the chances of that happening are 100%. Those servers are going to fall.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spraynardtatum

@neocalypso: I think the same thing. Still, I'd love something to watch while I wait for the game to install. If the servers are down (they will be) I'd love to see them give their last minute ideas of what this game will ultimately be.

EDIT: Tomorrow's thing will be sweet though. Can't wait to watch that.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It'll be interesting to see whether the servers work right out of launch I suppose. I doubt it though.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cerberus3dog

Damn you UPS mail person, always delivering my packages in the afternoon.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NeoCalypso

@spraynardtatum: oh geeze of course, yeah what the heck was I thinking. I can't believe I argued against more GB livestreams.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be interesting to see whether the servers work right out of launch I suppose. I doubt it though.

Yeah it seems like a long shot for them to work now.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a day off and the stream starts in an hour or so, but I think I'll skip it and watch it later, I want to see the full game on my own. Or the servers being down.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been sleeping well recently so it's 12:13 pm now, I've been awake for 25 hours at this point (I tried to lay down and sleep at about 3am but gave up a couple of hours ago, so I didn't just sit on my PC all night lol) exhaustion usually hits at around this point at the very latest so I guess I probably just about missed this stream, or attempted stream.

mintyice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mintyice

I fully expect some sort of Diablo Error 37 scenario happening when the servers launch.

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a bit longer now!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm at work and can't watch, is it the best game?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@csl316 They only just barely got to stuff that wasn't in the beta and then Brad had to get ready for work so Jeff did one more moon mission, but neither of them got to level 8 so there really wasn't anything new to see.

I share their fears that perhaps there isn't a ton of content in this game, but I also felt a twinge of nostalgia for the beta missions I'd already played four or five times each so I know pre-ordering this game was a fine decision for me. The hook's in the gameplay for me, I had no problem playing the same missions multiple times with different characters on different difficulties just to grind loot/cash/whatever.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Ok, so that answers the question of the beta being the intro.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@nodima said:

@csl316 They only just barely got to stuff that wasn't in the beta and then Brad had to get ready for work so Jeff did one more moon mission, but neither of them got to level 8 so there really wasn't anything new to see.

I share their fears that perhaps there isn't a ton of content in this game, but I also felt a twinge of nostalgia for the beta missions I'd already played four or five times each so I know pre-ordering this game was a fine decision for me. The hook's in the gameplay for me, I had no problem playing the same missions multiple times with different characters on different difficulties just to grind loot/cash/whatever.

Yeah, content seems low, and the fact that nothing much new was in the beginning part mission wise form the beta is pretty sad.

The narrative/story is atrocious, everything is vague and there is not ONE character to care about - not even one. I could handle is some of it was grindy, but the whole game seem grindy with zero payoff for meeting interesting characters or building an emotional link to what is happening. The game has so few hooks aside form decent mechanics and being very polished, "Oh, good it won't glitch or crash, but it is so dull you wish it would glitch."

Peter Dinklage is wasted, it is okay they wanted a mechanical delivery to what he says, but HIS character speaks at you the whole time while never being in front of you. Even when you wait from something to open, he never flies in front of you so you can associate that voice with the thing following you around and helping you out. He might as well be someone on a the comm talking to you form 1 million miles away.

Its seems insane to me that this whole game was planned, created, and tested and nobody said, "We have no compelling charterers that feeling like living beings or have faces that do no appear to be masks or helmets....maybe we should have some or meet someone face to face in the first 10 minutes and every 30 minutes afterward so people GIVE A DAMN about someone or something?"

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nodima

I give a damn about bullets in faces, equipment perks and fancy new hoverbikes. I personally find the presentation of Destiny very soothing and a welcome respite from the frenetic action in the actual game. I love the menu and how calming everything about the cutscenes has been so far, it has this really odd, austere flavor that you don't find in games too often, especially one so focused on punching dudes in the face. I like the contrast a lot.

It probably helps that, as I've said numerous times, I didn't enjoy either Borderlands game on PS+ enough to play more than an hour, have never played any other Diablo/loot-based type game that I can think of and can count on one hand the number of FPS games I've played to completion since the N64 era. For me, Destiny is something I've barely experienced this generation in every aspect, whereas I think most people (especially Brad and Jeff) are going into this game having done most of what it seems to be offering for hundreds if not thousands of hours already.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its seems insane to me that this whole game was planned, created, and tested and nobody said, "We have no compelling charterers that feeling like living beings or have faces that do no appear to be masks or helmets....maybe we should have some or meet someone face to face in the first 10 minutes and every 30 minutes afterward so people GIVE A DAMN about someone or something?"

Diablo 3 did that and nobody liked it.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game looks very well made and no one has any idea what's past the first few hours, I'm sorry people played the shit out the beta and don't want to to do it again. The level of snark on even the chat here was baffling to me.

Also Diablo 3 is awesome and plenty of people like it and continue to play it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Corevi
@sodapop7 said:

Also Diablo 3 is awesome and plenty of people like it and continue to play it.

I love Diablo 3, I meant specifically the way they force plot and the characters on you, especially pre-Adventure Mode when the only thing to do was replay the story.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Game looked pretty good. I'll probably pick it up around Black friday and have a blast.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sodapop7

@corruptedevil: But at any point you can skip all of that pretty much entirely. Just x the text boxes. It'd be forcing it on you if you were unable to skip cut scenes or dialogue but you can.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well i loved the beta,enjoyed watching all that content again on this stream,and im still watching other streams so this game is still amazing to me.ive now also got to see other planets besides the ones from the beta,and they are just as amazing as the beta areas.so all in all came into today loving destiny,and after all ive seen today so far i can say with confidence this will be my GOTY by a mile.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they change anything significant from the beta? The only thing that irked me was losing your special ammo when changing weapons.

(Sorry for all the questions, I got another 8 hours before watching the archive)

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Did they change anything significant from the beta? The only thing that irked me was losing your special ammo when changing weapons.

(Sorry for all the questions, I got another 8 hours before watching the archive)

the only change I noticed was the Strike mission on Earth is defaulted to level 8 instead of level 6 now.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to try and get it this week.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By stonyman65

Jeff's stream. It's about 4 hours long.

http://www.twitch.tv/jeffgerstmann/b/566436109

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By Humanity

I don't think I've seen a shooter that was so devoid of life or excitement as Destiny. I watched Jeff and Brad go through the first few hours and it looked so by the numbers from the very starts, zero suspense, just mindless polygons hurtled towards the player over and over again. The sense of complete detachment was overwhelming, for me anyway. I was set on getting that white PS4 bundle simply to finally have a next gen system but now I'm wondering if it's even worth it - maybe just get the system by itself.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By KaneRobot

After watching the entirety of Jeff's stream, not feeling this game at all. I get that he only went a couple of missions beyond where the beta ended, but it was still the same stuff, and anyone who thinks the game is suddenly going to explode into this vastly more diverse experience beyond that is fooling themselves. It was especially painful after Brad left and Jeff was just playing on his own. At one point Jeff just kind of sighed and said "well, chipping away..." during a lengthy shoot/hide/shoot/hide boss battle.

If he reviewed it today I would not be surprised to see a 3-star score. I'll be interested to see what the final verdict is.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

If he reviewed it today I would not be surprised to see a 3-star score. I'll be interested to see what the final verdict is.

If I had to guess, and based solely on what Jeff sounded like today, I would say that sounds about right. Man...if Destiny got a three star review the comments section would just implode from anger.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching the streams was kind of a bummer mostly because they were complaining about the story (or lack thereof), the voice acting and the explorer mode. I personally had a lot of fun in the beta but I can understand why people might feel like it might be boring when all you do is shoot aliens and advance to the next story mission. I'm looking forward to playing the full game with friends.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sterling

@mb said:

@kanerobot said:

If I had to guess, and based solely on what Jeff sounded like today, I would say that sounds about right. Man...if Destiny got a three star review the comments section would just implode from anger.

COLLUSION!

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By jkz

I really wanted to have my mind changed on this game (REALLY, I'm not just saying that, I've wanted to fall in love with a Bungie game that isn't Myth for so long) but the atmosphere and the storytelling and the lore and just the general atmosphere of Destiny all strike me as so overwhelmingly DRY that it's really difficult for me to muster up any excitement to play it. Mechanically it looks rock solid, but sadly that's not enough for me nowadays, and I just haven't seen anything that would give me the momentum I need to push my way through the content & combat encounters they've clearly spent so much time and care crafting.

Hopefully reviews say that once you get past the first few areas the game opens up and the narrative picks up some steam, but I find myself doubting that more and more with each passing day. Luckily I'm in no hurry for a new shooter, so I'm happy to wait for reviews before making a choice. I just don't know that I'll be able to get over the kind of hollow feeling the game's leant by its MMO trappings/structure (which is the very thing that keeps me from engaging with MMOs too).

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A poorer rating now might mean they do more work on the sequels?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff just started streaming again.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly no Jeff commentary over shooting dudes on the Moon.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say, the game just comes off as being inoffensively not great. Sure, you can nitpick etc, but there's nothing really wrong about the game, but there's also nothing mind-blowing about it. Probably gonna end up getting it just because everyone else decided to completely abandon September to let Destiny reign supreme.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LawGamer

@nodima said:

Yeah, content seems low, and the fact that nothing much new was in the beginning part mission wise form the beta is pretty sad.

Well to be fair, the content might seem more substantial if people stopped . . . Russian through it?

*Ba dum tss*

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Tyrrael

@mb said:

I'm guessing the stream will be three or four hours, about long enough to see everything in the game.

I'm kidding people, relax.

The first sentence didn't so much make me angry, as confuse the hell out of me. I seriously considered the possibility that you might have brain damage. Then I looked at the next line. XD Well played, sir. Well played.