HELP why don't I get glimmer anymore?!

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I have a lvl 28 character and I do not get glimmer from anything anymore. Dismantling stuff gives me jack shit, even the blue items! And the same goes for completing missions or killing big baddies(I see the glimmer flying but dont get anything, I presume those small blue things that sometimes sprinkle out of big enemies when they die is supposed to be glimmer...right?). I saw someone mention in another forum that they got glimmer again after changing back and forth with characters. So I made a new character and did the opening thing, got an engram, dismantled it and goddamn my new character DOES get glimmer, I switched back and forth and tried to dismantle a blue and a green item on my actual main character and nope, neither gave me anything except a weapon part..fucking great.(And by the way I have not hit the cap yet as I only have 423 glimmer.)

Theres multiple posts on the bungie forums without any reactions. Anyone else here run into this?

Damn it! I need to upgrade my bad juju, that thing is fucking rad :')

OR am I just being really stupid and not understanding how destiny works..this seems like a bug or something right?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

Play a few crucible matches. If your glimmer doesn't go up at all then it's definitely a bug. If you get glimmer from crucible, then start a strike or two and finish them. If your glimmer doesn't go up, then the bug might be pve only. Try to use an increased glimmer consumable like ether seeds which increase glimmer from fallen enemies and kill some fallen this might fix it. Otherwise, a patch from Bungie might be needed. You can earn glimmer on your second character and use it with your first character until then.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Hestilllives19

@lestephan: In all my time with Destiny I've never heard of this happening. Maybe it's some weird bug where your character thinks it's at max glimmer for some reason, which is why it isn't dropping any. Small enemies don't generate enough glimmer for it show on screen unless you have some form of consumable active but dismantling gear, playing crucible, etc should still generate it and even the small enemy kills should be making your glimmer count go up. I would try to take video of this happening and post it on the help forums at bungie.net. If that doesn't work, turn up the pressure somewhere like the Destiny Reddit site.

udllpn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By udllpn

This has happened to me at least three times since I bought the game nearly two months ago. It fixed randomly and I still don't know the cause. Once it lasted for a couple of days and another time for three or four.

Have you been able to fix it? What did you do before it started working again?

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SomeguyJohnson

After the Taken King patch they stopped giving glimmer for stuff that is too much below your level. If you're 28 and doing patrols you'll get nothing even if the glimmer pops out lf the dude when you kill them. At 40 I'm only getting glimmer for pvp and other light 240 or better stuff so I run out when I take breaks from strikes. I only get glimmer for dismantling level 38 to 40 blues or better

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3odmkn/the_motes_of_light_technique_never_worry_about/

Once you are at 40 this will be what you want to do for motes, mats, and glimmer.

What you have going on now? No clue how/why that's happening.

udllpn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By udllpn

@someguyjohnson said:

I only get glimmer for dismantling level 38 to 40 blues or better

I thought glimmer was guaranteed when dismantling regardless your level. When did this change?

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I still haven't checked back into destiny since, I'll see if the problem resolved itself this afternoon.

If you're 28 and doing patrols you'll get nothing even if the glimmer pops out of the dude when you kill them.

Ok thats good to know. Thanks

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@udllpn: I may just be missing it, I don't frequently get low level items anymore.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I leveled up twice and now I get glimmer again. Super weird.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

After the Taken King patch they stopped giving glimmer for stuff that is too much below your level. If you're 28 and doing patrols you'll get nothing even if the glimmer pops out lf the dude when you kill them. At 40 I'm only getting glimmer for pvp and other light 240 or better stuff so I run out when I take breaks from strikes. I only get glimmer for dismantling level 38 to 40 blues or better

This doesn't count for consumables, which are still the primary source of glimmer.

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SomeguyJohnson

Using consumables yesturday while running patrols to get handcannon kills netted me 0 glimmer unless I was on the dreadnought. I specifically had to change areas because I was low on glimmer and not getting any. Worked perfectly fine after going to the dreadnought.

Not saying it's not a bug by the way, just saying what's happening when I play.