Paul Mcartney's Destiny song is really awkward.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It is.

Vocals?!

Why wasn't it a song about finding a new helm and then getting it identified at The Tower?

No Caption Provided

Discoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah, it sounds like there's some autotune or just some effect on his voice that makes it sound completely terrible.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think it's fine?

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a fine song. The part at 2:15 I think is really cool. It is very very strange to have Paul McCartney do a song with lyrics to Destiny though. Overkill perhaps! They definitely spent way too much money on him for sure. I love Paul, and the song is fine, but I don't know why they did this other than to say they did.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not Paul McCartney.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Bones8677

I don't think it's terrible, maybe awkward in that it doesn't really seem to fit with the tone and style of Destiny. My only experience with Paul McCartney's solo career is Live and Let Die - a classic song. So I don't know how this compares to his previous work. It seems okay, but not a song I feel like listening to over and over again on my ipod.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's fine?

NO! You are NOT allowed to think it is fine! :)

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wouldn't call it awkward.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only awkward thing about it is the 64kb/s mp3 quality...

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Sounds ok to me. In fact I'd say it was rather good.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@szlifier: yeah this is the only video I have seen of the song and the quality is really bad. The actual song sounds totally whatever we had money so it suits the game I don't know

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

What? It sounds okay to me. It's not outstanding or anything, but not awkward.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, it kind of reminds me of a Journey song. That's not really a terrible thing, I guess. But I'd expect more from Paul McCartney than a kind of cheesy, hollow ballad.

Sick_Sick_Sick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seems totally fine to me no way deserving of how much the press have been going on about how bad it is.

The sooner the press complete this game and move on to snark about something else the better.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I actually really like it...

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I mean it's cheesy and sounds like it belongs in the 70s.... but so does the tone of the entire game.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw yeah those synthesizers. Every so often I catch a hint of something that sounds like a real Beatlesy song and that's pretty great. I'm glad that he uses the word Destiny, because otherwise I might forget the name of the game. I think I have an unironic love of this song.

I am really (probably way too) fond of the trend over the last generation of games to have songs that make no goddamn sense at the end credits (see: the end of Dragon Age: Origins, any of the Gears of War raps, etc.).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone having a different opinion about this than me? Whats happening?

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was perfectly fine. There's no autotune on his voice, it sounds more natural than I honestly expected it to. The lyrics were generic and stuff but overall it was a decent song.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Corevi

It's about on par with the credits theme from Mass Effect 1, which is to say it's pretty cool.

Loading Video...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

"This video contains content from UMG who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

hahaha

Dumb ass music industry.

DrFat32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear. I wish Paul McCartney would stop singing. He maybe was good at some point and there is no denying that the Beatles were important 40 years ago but please for the love of all that you hold dear do not let this man record music any more. Give it up Paul, its not as though you need the money and Bungie must have payed out big style for this to score credits that 75% of the players will never watch.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about on par with the credits theme from Mass Effect 1, which is to say it's pretty cool.

Loading Video...

80s > 70s for sure.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By THE_RUCKUS
No Caption Provided

new franchise figure we have madden now we have

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear. I wish Paul McCartney would stop singing. He maybe was good at some point and there is no denying that the Beatles were important 40 years ago but please for the love of all that you hold dear do not let this man record music any more. Give it up Paul, its not as though you need the money and Bungie must have payed out big style for this to score credits that 75% of the players will never watch.

Yeah. He's 72 now. You'd think he could have fallen back on his vegetarian activism or something and left the music to the young ones with fresh ideas. Musicians in particular seem to often fail to age gracefully.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah Paul, you're too old. Stop doing what you like since some people may not think it's as good as the music you did while you were with one of the most iconic bands of all time. JEEZ Paul, what the fuck did you ever do to earn the right to continue to make music anyway?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Meh, it's whatever. I don't hate it, but I don't really care for it either. In any case, like Dinklage, McCartney seems like just another famous name they wanted to attach to the game because "yo, fuck it, we got money!" And while I'm sure that, in the end those names helped drum up interest and push a few copies, it always bugs me when what they ultimately end up bringing to the table within the actual game is, at best, mediocre.

Video games don't fucking need these people. Don't get me wrong, they do some great shit in their own world, but I feel like often times these people are also brought on to give the game some form of legitimacy. All the fuckers out there puttin out great video game music and you had to bring in McCartney to write a song? All the great voice talent out there and the only person you guys wanted to play a goddamn robot was Dinklage? Like...what in the actual fuck?

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever, the song is fine. He obviously loves doing this shit, he's probably done what, ten movie themes? More power to him. At the very least it's not as bad as Spies Like Us...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By 49th
Loading Video...

Temporaaaaary secretaaaaaary

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He was good and some would say he still is. I don't understand why he should stop making music. He obviously loves doing it and him making music certainly doesn't impose on you. I could understand having that kind of view if the music was offensive or incredibly bad, but his stuff has never gone below average in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McCartney seems like just another famous name they wanted to attach to the game because "yo, fuck it, we got money!"

Give it up Paul, its not as though you need the money and Bungie must have payed out big style for this to score credits that 75% of the players will never watch.

Apparently he did it for nothing.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#35  Edited By SMTDante89

@babychoochoo said:

McCartney seems like just another famous name they wanted to attach to the game because "yo, fuck it, we got money!"

@takenbytrees said:

Give it up Paul, its not as though you need the money and Bungie must have payed out big style for this to score credits that 75% of the players will never watch.

Correct.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By crithon

GOD DAMNIT! It's blocked off youtube. I really want to hear this song over anything in the game. DAMNIT! Hoping it was on par with Live and Let Die.

Okay found it...... it reminds me a lot of an 80s ending credit song.... actually..... reminded me of George Harrison's ending credit song to Time Bandits, but George is more influence by Blue Grass music, Paul sounds a bit inspired with Martin O'Donnell.

Loading Video...

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Dixavd

Regardless of the quality of it, don't you think it's a little strange that this only appears in the credits? I would have thought they would have found some way of using it somewhere else. It's actually quite impressive how much restraint they've shown to not push this too much.

Also, as contrary to those against him, I'd like to wish Paul to continue his music for as long as he can.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This video contains content from UMG who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

hahaha

Dumb ass music industry.

Hilarious.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not even gonna listen to it because Paul McCartney's music is/was/will be absolutely terrible.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Haha I knew it was going to be some shitty awkward credits song.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By WickedCestus

I think it's pretty damn good. Not his best, but it definitely has a Mccartney-esque style to it, while also sounding space-y in some way. I love credit songs that are a different tone from the main game; it makes it stick out and it always makes something cooler in my eyes. Hearing that he did it all just for kicks instead of money makes it all better. The man's 72 years old and still loves making the stuff he makes and gets to do it a lot, and I find that awesome. (I also found his single "New" to be super cool; in general I'm a big McCartney fan.)

DrFat32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DrFat32

@everettescott said:
@babychoochoo said:

@takenbytrees said:

Correct.

Well there you go I stand corrected. Still does not make this or him any good (I don't like Beatles either), and no I am not some 14 year old guy that just doesn't get "old music" I am probably older than most of the people on this forum so bah humbug.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not as good as "Love Take Me Down (to the Streets)", but not that bad, either.