PSA: Black Spindle Exotic

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Hestilllives19

The Black Hammer Sniper rifle has been reborn as the 310 Black Spindle Exotic sniper rifle. You can obtain it from doing today's daily, only with a twist. Instead of following the entire path of the mission you need to make a turn and head towards where Tanik's is in the Shadow Thief strike mission after you get back into the room where the two Ogre's would spawn in Shadow Thief, which should be the third relic room. It will give you a message about a Fallen distress signal. You then have 10 minutes to complete the mission and clear the ketch of Taken. This only works when the heroic modifier is active and it's only active as the daily mission. So, try to get this done today, especially with it having 310 light. Keep in mind after you obtain it you can then rebuy its blueprint at 300 and infuse it into other special weapons, making all of your good specials 300. I would link to the reddit post below, but it appears to have now been deleted, but I will post a video of someone doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrDHQZvXN1g

Special thanks to one of my clan members, Morrelloman, for pointing this out to me on our Bungie.net clan page.

Alamun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Alamun

Thanks for this! Also, this is a really cool way for Bungie to make an exotic available. I like this kind of thing way better than hoping to get a lucky drop.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I could make a strong case for this weapon being the best PvE weapon in the game right now. So get your's.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I like my 1000 yard stare better because of the perks but since it has the same impact and pulls rounds on precision shot, even though my reload is quick, that 310 Light Rating is super tempting to make me switch to it. Which means I'll have to start pulling back out my 289 Dead Orbit Scout since I've been mainly using my 294 Zhalo, 294 Hawkmoon, and 289 Suros Regime. Next time I get a good blue primary it's probably going straight into my Scout instead of Suros now though.

Also, updated the original post. After talking to King, the blueprint that Veggies, Count, and him got were all 300 Light, so I'm assuming that reddit post was incorrect about the blueprint being 310 as well. According to them, it was only the weapon drop itself.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well fuck me. I'm not high enough level to do it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pyrodactyl

@hestilllives19: Black spindle's impact is higher. 37 vs 31. Also you never need to reload it on any of the bosses in the raid outside of the last boss. You should shoot that one with heavy anyway. Black spindle's DPS is just off the charts for the hardest encounters in the game.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hestilllives19

Another update, the closed door may not have to do with running it on Heroic vs Daily Story, as I saw someone point out it's currently impossible to run that mission on Heroic difficulty because it always set that mission on Heroic today to be the Daily Story. The door being shut issue I read about earlier seems to have more to do with getting to that part of the mission too slowly. It is recommended that you sprint past all enemies killing only the Ogre that gets Taken and grabbing each orb to open gates as quickly as possible and running it without wiping. That seems to be the only guaranteed way to get this special mission instance to occur. So try to do it that way if possible.

Edit: Bungie announced it will only be available as this mission when it is the daily, but that this mission will be the daily story frequently.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An update to anyone who may have gotten this. Bungie has confirmed the 300 or 310 attack on Black Spindle is wrong, and they are going to hotfix everyones down to 290, to match other Exotics. They did say though, that if you used the 300-310 version to infuse into another special weapon, that won't be touched. So infuse your Black Spindle into another special weapon you like to try to get it into the 300-310 range, before the hotfix goes live.

I did it and made the Dead Orbit sniper 309 and its sexyyyyyyy