Titan or Hunter or Warlock? What class do you intend to main, and why?

• 112 results
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Poll Titan or Hunter or Warlock? What class do you intend to main, and why? (467 votes)

Titan 13%
Hunter 21%
Warlock 31%
Two out of Three 5%
All Equally 3%
Undecided 11%
Results 15%

People usually stick with one main character in these progression-heavy games. From your experiences with the Pre-Alpha, or of what you've seen and heard of the classes from the internet, which class do you intend to roll in that capacity?

• 
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Corevi

Warlock because GODDAMN SPACE WIZARDS. I played a Biotic in Mass Effect for the same reason. Can't wait to see what the other subclasses' abilities are.

I have not seen any Hunter gameplay though so might play a bit of that.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hunter is still good even after the Unleash The Hounds nerf, and Warlock continues to be strong because drawing a card whenever you want is great. I can't decide, they're both pretty good.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Seppli

I know we've just seen a fraction of what the classes will do in the full game. I suspect each class will have at least three sub-classes (rule of three). We've only seen one each thus far. That said, from what I've played, I've narrowed down my choice to the Hunter and the Warlock. The Hunter is just a really cool cucumber, with his throwy knife and golden gun and hooded cloak. Also - I'm a friend of the double jump, and the prospect of a triple jump leaves me giddy with anticipation.

The warlock seems like it'll be the class with the most exotic and powerful abilities down the line. The Hadouken-style super is badass, and once I wrapped my head around glide, it simply was the most awesome mobility power of all in the beta. I believe I can fly!

So it's down to *Coolness versus Raw Potential*. I disqualified the Titan for being too straight forward. Too meat and potatoes. Everyman's first choice. Boring! For these reasons I'm currently in the *Two out of Three* bracket, but I intend to wittle it down to one class in next month's Beta.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm not really sure. I got one of each to level 8 in the "Alpha," but I didn't really prefer any one over the others. If the Hunter's special gun can be upgraded to fire more than three shots, then that might be my choice. I really don't know.

Napstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Napstar

The warlock kinda reminds me of the vanguard in ME wich is a class I enjoyed a lot. The titan looks like the most boring out of the three, I'll play as Master Chief in Halo not Destiny.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: And the titan? How does he play?

I'm going hunter, because he has a man cannon gun.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Titan punches dudes, all his moves revolve around punching dudes.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I tend to play shooters really aggressively, charge in to point blank range ala the Vanguard in Mass Effect. As such, it looks like the Titan is probably going to be the way I go.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pweidman

Not surprising people are all over that space wizzy :). End game Warlock might be beast.

But from just the eight lvls in the alpha, I'm gonna start w/a Titan. Not the coolest looking admittedly, but he takes and deals so much more damage than the other two, at least in my experience playing all three. I like his double lift the best and his second tier grenade is so sick(4 repeated blasts), and his melee is just ridiculous.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Haven't played it yet, but the Hunter class seems up my alley. Really excited to get my hands on it during July's beta.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say having leveled up all classes to 8 I enjoyed all of them for different reason. In order of likeness

Warlock will probably be my main though because I love just about everything about this class. The recovery time on their shields is super fast and it completely limits my downtime hiding. I really like the grenade as its great for choke points and also explodes on contact making it great for bosses. The super is nice just wish it had a bit more range. Only thing I sort of disliked was the gliding but once you get used to it it works fairly well.

Hunter would be a close second for me. I don't particularly care for its super but the upgraded grenade that spawns homing grenades is amazing for taking down knights or named creatures. The throwing knife is a lot of fun and does a metric ton of damage if you get headshots with it. Double Jumping is nice but overall survivability takes a hit compared to the recovery of the warlock and the armor of the titan.

Titan was a lot of fun once I finally got used to launching the ability so it actually hit things. I disliked it until level 6 when you get your big armor boost but after that it was all smooth sailing. It did seem the most generic of the classes but I gather that's just what some people want out of these games. Grenade was boring, melee was boring, but I did like looking beefy with that heavier armor.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Dunno, which one is the healer? I always end up playing a healer.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno, which one is the healer? I always end up playing a healer.

Ummm everyone can res and no one heals

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably hunter cos i always lean towards mobility, i like to avoid getting hit if i can, and the double jump sounds like my best option, is that safe to say? i haven't played it yet.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With only 8 lvls and one subclass each we didn't get to see very much, but I remember one of the character's skill tree had a deploy a shield bubble for teammates ability...maybe a healing version too, dunno.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter, 'cause knives and cloaks.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter cause knives

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After playing up all three classes to level 8, I am no longer as sure which class really fit me the most as I was in the beginning. Since the weapons doesn't really fall into the choice since every class uses every weapon, it's more about powers. And the powers available in the alpha feels in some ways superficially different. They all felt viable.

I really dig the Hunter though, especially when you get off a nice mid action headshot with a throwing knife. I just partially wish the Hunter had the Warlock glide, it makes you feel so vertically efficient.

So I might just do one of each, with a Hunter main.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Corevi

@hh: The Glide the Warlock has is way more versatile than the double jump, you can even shoot while doing it.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: This guy on youtube does great informative videos on Destiny, here is one he did that outlines some of the other subclasses and supers.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Warlock - because he's a wizard

@hh: The Glide the Warlock has is way more versatile than the double jump, you can even shoot while doing it.

I'll second that. Having played a little as a hunter and maining all the way to lv 8 with the warlock, I'd say you have way more mobility with the latter. Tapping the jump button in succession allows for a sort of super glide jump. It basically let you fly around the map, whereas the double jump feels less effective comparatively in that respect.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Titan, because...well what Can I say? I enjoy playing the tough guy, plus it seems focused on Melee combat which I find very cool, even in FPS games. Lord knows how many times punching and knifing stuff as saved my ass. Being a fucking juggernaut on the field seems like a cool Idea, should be a blast. I'd make a comment about which or who has more advantages, but considering that Bungie has made very well balanced games in the past I see no reason to really comment on that, it's just a matter of preference. I'll probably try all classes but Titan is definitely my first choice, and Hunter being the second. Not to diss the whole Shooter Wizard idea or anything, which is definitely hilariously cool, but I was never a Mage type, no matter how fun or cool it is. WIll give it a shot once or twice though, just to spice things up.

Oh man I can't fucking wait.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:

I'll second that. Having played a little as a hunter and maining all the way to lv 8 with the warlock, I'd say you have way more mobility with the latter. Tapping the jump button in succession allows for a sort of super glide jump. It basically let you fly around the map, whereas the double jump feels less effective comparatively in that respect.

fair enough, but is there any indication yet of whether the upgrade paths let you enhance these particular skills at higher levels?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlock. Glide is a gamechanger....still would be better to be able to grab ledges though...just sayin'.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Corevi

@hh: There are upgrades for the movement abilities. The Voidwalker subclass for the Warlock has 3 upgrades for glide:

Focused Control- Upgrades Glide for better directional control while in the air

Focused Burst- Upgrades Glide to provide an initial burst of speed

Blink- A short distance teleport that replaces Glide (why would you get this)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Probably the one that is least like a straight up commando. I played Zer0 in Borderlands 2 and it got kinda boring after a while compared to the Siren.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked playing Warlock during the Alpha, messed around with the other two as well but preferred Warlock. The Warlock's version of glide is awesome, and his grenades pretty versatile too. Way prefer the super for the Warlock too.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Berserker976

Titan - After playing all three extensively it comes down to the special jump types for me. The Warlock's Glide ability is cool and all but what if you could hover AND double jump? You don't get the speed and maneuverability of the Hunter's double jump, and you don't get the extended range of the Warlock's glide, but you get enough of both so that you don't feel like you're missing out. It makes it so there's no height you can't jump to AND no distance you can't cross.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:

Yeah this is why I go hunter not Warlock, you are insane, the glide sucks. Not only can hunters double jump, you can eventually unlock a triple jump. Yes as a Warlock going from high to low spots is easier and more effective than a hunter.... but are you stuck in a fire fight? Need to run? Need to get to higher ground now and the next level is really really high up? Hunter it is no issue, Double Jump gives you height better than Warlock glide, second only to the Titan Jetpack, but it is much faster and has more control than the jetpack. Warlock? Oops, you hit glide at just the wrong second, you can't make it up the ledge, or it is too high for you to reach in the first place. Also those "skills" are one offs. You can have the focussed burst of speed for example but if you use that you don't get the "greater control".

Also get guns with better stability, I have killed plenty of things when mid jump as a Hunter.

This is how it really breaks down...

Titan is for up close fighting, you like getting right in the enemies face and powering them down. In short, big armor big guns.
Warlock is for damage, you like to just unload big hits and drop bombs... but you are a bit of a glass cannon and have the be fairly close for your "supers".
Hunter is for people who like staying at mid or long range, picking their shots, and quickly moving around the battle field. It is about mobility and headshotting a dude who didn't even know you were there.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mainly Warlock although I didn't try Titan. The Rogue seems fine but I don't like the Super Charge for the Rogue; a high-powered revolver with 3 shots. I'm just not accurate enough and I preferred the large blast radius of the Warlock's super charge.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Probably the one that is least like a straight up commando. I played Zer0 in Borderlands 2 and it got kinda boring after a while compared to the Siren.

If you want Borderlands analogues I can provide those

Titan: Brick/Salvadore

Hunter: Mordecai/Zer0

Warlock: Siren

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Karkarov

@corruptedevil said:

@humanity said:

If you want Borderlands analogues I can provide those

Titan: Brick/Salvadore

Hunter: Mordecai/Zer0

Warlock: Siren

This isn't "exactly" right but I would say it is pretty fair. It is interesting that none of them do have "pet's" though now that I think about it. The Warlock will be the most played class in the real game I am sure, the Super is a little over powered and people seem to like the glide for some reason. I found it pretty off putting myself.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Corevi

@karkarov: Pet class will probably be the first DLC. Probably with a flying robot buddy ala Mass Effect's Engineer.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

Hunter is for people who like staying at mid or long range, picking their shots, and quickly moving around the battle field. It is about mobility and headshotting a dude who didn't even know you were there.

hmmm, this was my initial impression, and sounds more like my playstyle alright, but i guess i'll be trying them all to see how they feel.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I haven't decided yet. I usually play casters in RPGs if given a choice between classes, but I'm not completely sold on the warlock. I liked the melee of the Titan simply because I played my Sirens in Borderlands at close range when possible. I haven't tried the Hunter yet.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MindBullet

I really thought I'd like the other two classes a lot more, but I ended up enjoying the Titan the most with what time I had. The hover jump, THUNDER FIST, and crazy ground pound special won me over.

Solidsnak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hunter is super fun, runs faster, throw knives, and magic super gun.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Karkarov

@corruptedevil said:

@karkarov: Pet class will probably be the first DLC. Probably with a flying robot buddy ala Mass Effect's Engineer.

You already have a flying robot buddy named Peter Dinklage. That said there is already a fourth class, don't know the name of it but apparently it isn't ready for the game and needs more polish. Probably will show up as DLC sooner or later, maybe in an expansion. I heard it was supposed to be some sort of "ninja" concept but that makes very little sense because well.... that's sort of what the hunter is.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#39 riostarwind  Moderator

Going with Hunter since that class has mad jumps. Throwing knives and the magic fire pistol is a nice bonus too.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan
@karkarov said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

@corruptedevil said:

Yeah this is why I go hunter not Warlock, you are insane, the glide sucks. Not only can hunters double jump, you can eventually unlock a triple jump. Yes as a Warlock going from high to low spots is easier and more effective than a hunter.... but are you stuck in a fire fight? Need to run? Need to get to higher ground now and the next level is really really high up? Hunter it is no issue, Double Jump gives you height better than Warlock glide, second only to the Titan Jetpack, but it is much faster and has more control than the jetpack. Warlock? Oops, you hit glide at just the wrong second, you can't make it up the ledge, or it is too high for you to reach in the first place. Also those "skills" are one offs. You can have the focused burst of speed for example but if you use that you don't get the "greater control".

Well I guess it's all a matter of preference then. The glide was more effective for me when traversing a larger area and the double jump was more sensible for you, given you value that speed of movement.

The glide jump allows me to survey a battlefield longer and carefully time an attack from above. From an interior standpoint I could definitely see the hunter's movements allowing a much needed speed the warlock doesn't have.

In the end, everybody likes to play differently. That's why they take the time to design different classes. I don't think either of us are insane for liking one over the other.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

ROBOT WARLOCK.

Seriously, it's the most metal thing in the game, hunters and titans ain't got shit.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlock all the way for me. Their jump alone (especially once upgraded) is a blast.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Karkarov

@themanwithnoplan: Fair enough! I think it is worth mentioning the Titan Jump skill does have the most height out of all of them and if distance/height are a factor it can make the jumps easiest. It just isn't particularly fast and you don't get tons of control.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Warlock because I always play the magic based class no matter how slight the magic might be.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titan, because punching dudes.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By HadesTimes

I think they are all great to play. I was having fun with each one. But I think that at higher levels this may change. At this stage it seems like most of the trees are VERY similar. But probably by the time we hit level 10-20, this will change. Or at least this is my guess. But as of the Alpha I've enjoyed my time with all three. I can't say as I have a favorite. After the Beta, I would imagine this will change a lot. And when the Beta starts I'm creating a Warlock first. So theirs that. LOL!

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummer that Warlock is the popular class on here and other forum polls. That was what I was looking to use. No biggie I guess.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a Warlock in WoW, so I'm sure I'm prepared to play one in this. I doubt it will play all that differently.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a Warlock and a Titan but never touched the Hunter so I can't speak on that class but, I really like the warlock. I especially like the Warlock's super ability; it makes the Strike mission bosses (I guess they're bosses. Spider Tank and Death Star thing) really fun when I fly straight up and lob my orb of hurt at them.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the hunter. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't start with that class, but I think the jump, grenades, melee and super are all pretty amazing. The second character I'll make though will definitely be a warlock since the super is pretty devastating. Titan just seemed so boring to me...