What doesn't Destiny do, that you'd want it to do?

• 149 results
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I feel like Destiny lacks a dash move - and just like the jump, it should be class specific and evolve with talents. I think it would open up really cool design possibilities for tighter boss encounters.

Also - some form of active blocking is something I'd like to see in FPS games as a standard maneuver/mechanic. Four shoulder buttons are just not enough buttons to enable everything I'd want to do at the same time.

What about you? What do you miss?

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

run on the PC

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

How do you guys feel about the look of the game? I have seen only a few minutes (Pascal was streaming it) and it seemed kinda plain and boring, so I come to you all to correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you guys feel about the look of the game? I have seen only a few minutes (Pascal was streaming it) and it seemed kinda plain and boring, so I come to you all to correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Love the character and weapon and vehicle design. Old Russia as an environment? It's tundra wasteland interspersed with industrial compounds. I guess that's a bit boring. That said, the atmosphere is really thick, especially indoors. And it's not like we'll go to the moon and venus and mars and whatnot. I'm sure things will get plenty crazy and outlandishly interesting there.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adoggz said:

run on the PC

This. Screw playing FPSes on console.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Be out next week.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish it was an actual RPG with classes. Seeing people play the 3 different classes isn't much different from each other. In Mass Effect 3 (including the multiplayer) when I was the mage equivalent or any caster I barely shot my gun and mainly used their powers. This feels more like Borderlands where it's not really a RPG and the classes don't matter so much. Also, the powers not being able to combo is a letdown. Really, they should have copied more from ME3 multiplayer and less from Borderlands, since in ME3 that felt like real co-op, in Borderlands 4 people rather 2 or 3 just felt cluttered and it's hardly tactical at all.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@adoggz said:

run on the PC

also a dodge/dash and melee weapons (or does it have melee weapons?).

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Play like Halo ... what I mean is the combat being skilled based ... not number/stat /loot based , or something along those lines , I mean I dont need carbon copy of Halo but I always liked having to change weapons and do with what is available on the combat scenario. Im still waiting to see if the story is good or if the sidequest go beyond what seems to be heavily mmo inspired.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

A way to increase the regular movement speed.

I just finished making a response to you in a different thread saying that my interest in Destiny is a lot greater now that I've seen something of it, but I'd still like to be able to move a lot faster. Something along the lines of a lightning bruiser who doesn't have as much health as everyone else sounds like it could be pretty awesome, but it seems like everyone slugs along at the same modern first shooter movement speed. I'm OK with that but something speedier with this game's ideas sounds pretty appealing.

Oh, and I would also like a PC version. I'd still play it with a controller. Fucking sue me.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Space combat would be nice, I guess. I have no actual idea if that is gonna be in the game, though.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the look of the game. As far as I know, old Russia is the only locale right now, and I can see how you can see it being pretty plain, what with every game and it's mother having a dilapidated industrial complex as a level. But, judging by screenshots, the game goes some pretty cool places.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I'd prefer a more traditional RPG quest structure--go to town, pick up a bunch of quests, and go out and do them. Maybe it's just the alpha but everything feels a bit too detached and segmented for my liking.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

Be interesting and fun looking? so far it still just looks like a bland version of Borderlands to me.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lazyaza said:

Be interesting and fun looking? so far it still just looks like a bland version of Borderlands to me.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Replacing Peter Dinklage (sp?). I'm really enjoying what I've played so far, but he's giving off the most stale performance you could imagine. I'm not sure if it's intentional or what, but it's pretty bad.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@turboman said:

Replacing Peter Dinklage (sp?). I'm really enjoying what I've played so far, but he's giving off the most stale performance you could imagine. I'm not sure if it's intentional or what, but it's pretty bad.

I swear, I'm the only person who likes Dinklage in that role. :P

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazyaza said:

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Fun and reactive combat as opposed to this RPG nonsense with lifebars. If it's first person then let me just shoot doods. In the Unfinished that Jeff shot with Brad they were just dumping into some of those guys and then a named shows up and whooopie-doo it's just a complete sponge.

You can have RPG elements and still remain an interesting shooter - Far Cry 3 did it as well as Wolfenstein: The New Order. Just because you want your "shooter" to feel more like an RPG doesn't mean you have to dilute the core gameplay to a numbers game.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Have good voice acting.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

He is a robot, it's a pretty good robot voice.

On Topic:

@adoggz said:

run on the PC

And not having the forced multiplayer would be nice.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A PC version would be lovely. It seems cool, I hope the gameplay is less about dumping bullets into dudes are more about working out strategies to efficiently take dudes out.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ares42

Seamless open world blending multiple experiences, like the first reveal showed. When they showed the game last year it seemed very much like they were starting out in an open world, then went into a story mission and emerged out into a coop event. I realize it has an open-world element, but the fact that the rest is chopped up and you're not always part of the same world really took away what seemed most unique and interesting about the game.

As I commented on the QL, now it just looks like a traditional RPG shooter with a fancy menu. And it's not even hitting the RPG concepts in a very compelling way.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seppli

@humanity said:

Fun and reactive combat as opposed to this RPG nonsense with lifebars. If it's first person then let me just shoot doods. In the Unfinished that Jeff shot with Brad they were just dumping into some of those guys and then a named shows up and whooopie-doo it's just a complete sponge.

You can have RPG elements and still remain an interesting shooter - Far Cry 3 did it as well as Wolfenstein: The New Order. Just because you want your "shooter" to feel more like an RPG doesn't mean you have to dilute the core gameplay to a numbers game.

Erm... that's mostly because Jeff's obviously doing it wrong in the Quicklook (big surprise). He's doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. He goes on a lvl 6 strike while being lvl 4 without having replaced his starter weapon.

Besides the two bosses in that instance, everything goes down in like one to two headshots, if you got a decent lvl 6 weapon from the Gunsmith at the Tower (even quicker if it's a greenie you've looted in the field). It's a 100% pitch-perfect FPS game, if you're doing it right (as in approaching it like a MMORPG, and *zoning* appropriately).

Headshots matter a ton. For example a headshot with a lowly *grey* lvl 4 sniper rifle deals over 1000 damage, whilst a body shot hits for like 100.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to listen to the Paul McCartney music.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC release. Don't wanna have to buy a new console just to play this game (and some of the 2015 releases that look dope like Bloodborne)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@seppli: That's low level. I'm willing to bet at higher levels, the tougher enemies stop being 1-2 headshots no matter what type of gun you have.

I guess this just isn't a game for me because I rather have a shooter that has active abilities like stringing silent takedowns together a-la Far Cry 3, rather than a shield buff for 30 seconds or something (I don't even know if thats a power in the game but I'm guessing it probably is). Everything I've seen so far looks pretty, but it also looks slow and cumbersome and frankly not that exciting. I might give it a shot but if this is supposed to be like an MMORPG styled shooter then maybe thats the problem, because the basic structure of MMO gameplay bores me to tears.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti

At this point I just want to hear something about a PC version, I mean I am definitely interested in it and have a PS4, but paying for multiplayer is bizarre to me and I hate playing shooters on a controller. It's just unfortunate that PC versions tend not to get announced until way later (if they aren't straight away that is) as to not eat away at the console sales.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the interface controls in menus is really pc like, wich is weird :d

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@turboman said:

Totally agree. I think that was my first critique of the game. I said to myself "I hope they change the voice acting for the final performance". Here's hoping it's just a sort of placeholder for the final game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Let me use the damn d-pad to navigate menus. Game itself is fine I don't like their pseudo mouse cursor menu navigation shit though.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The thing I love the most is the movement of the Warlock. Getting across a map is super fun when you can leap huge bounds by gliding. There's a real verticality with that class I'm afraid doesn't transfer to the other two. As far as the combat, it's pretty good. The moment to moment is satisfying and the loot aspect isn't as in your face as a borderlands.

The hub is aesthetically nice too. The music that plays there gives me a warm fuzzy feeling anytime I hear it, and the clouds that wash through the area is a nice touch. Seeing the ships come and land, and actually have people warp out of them makes the hub seem busy in a way I can appreciate. One of the only complaints I have is the long spans of time I've went without running into people. (Which I could probably chock up to it being an alpha)

I'll start out into an area and see like five people. I'll run up to them and we'll all go into a single direction, but as soon as we hit a certain "gate" they disappear into the ether. It's always within a structure. It seems the only place you can fight with other people, not in your party, is the wide open spaces. Otherwise you have to party up, which kind of ruins that part for me. I'm traditionally a loner when I play games, but running into people in the game and briefly teaming up was a really exciting idea for the game in my mind. If I could change anything to be toward my liking it'd be that. To let the entire game world be a zone to run into people. I'd love to be running through a structure, start fighting a group of enemies only to have another couple people come out of the woodworks and fight with me.

Anyways, I really like the game so far and I can't wait to see the other planet's we get to go to. One of the things I've been most surprised about is the seemingly endless scope of the levels. I explored the main part of Old russia for hours and never found a dead end. If you looked hard enough you still find another area to go to. I went so far, at one point I encountered a squad of anointed acolytes underground in the darkness that just had question marks by their names. They had gold heath and seemed invincible or practically god like compared to my level. I'm assuming that was Bungie's way of gating me there so I couldn't continue. They really devoted a lot of time and resources to making the scope of the environments huge. At least that the feeling I get from what I've played.

To give an idea of how long the alpha stretches, at this point I've done everything that wasn't a recycled side quest. I did all that in one sitting and made it to level seven. Looking forward to the beta next month to see how expanded the game is compared to now, and also the main game as well.

Edit: I confirmed that the Titan has the glide ability as well. Hunter can double jump.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It needs split screen for me to buy it. My partner and I love playing stuff like Borderlands together but we only have one ps3, one xbox 360, and one TV. We were super excited for it until we found out we wouldn't be able to play together!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

They should bring in 343 studios to do the gun sounds, from what I've heard.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Every class has a melee attack.

andmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, PC release

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dimi3je

A PC master race version would be neat.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So far, the loot has been super boring for me. I hope it gets better than that.

There's no point in having loot if all it does is getting you weapons that let you kill your enemies in one/two hits. I want stupid abilities like curving bullet or a gun that shoots two different type of bullet at once.

Maybe it'll get better, but Borderlands seems to be better on that level (while being lesser on every other levels).

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pinner458 said:

@lazyaza said:

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the game so far and what they've made, and who knows what's in store already for higher lvls and the main game, but I'd like to see more depth in the loot, with more slots for gear and more effects than just strength, intellect, etc. I'd prefer more than one super, and different space magic for all classes. The classes need to be more differentiated some too...too similar now. Maybe add some new classes and bigger, more diverse skill trees too for each. They have said they want end game to be about build experimentation. If so, more options as far as skills and gear w/more varied effects, maybe elemental synergies would be foundational for that goal.

Like I said, Bungie may have stuff already in game, and we're seeing early game or just alpha, but the game needs this stuff for better staying power imo.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually fly over the planets and into space, I guess they should merge it with No Man's Sky (or maybe not).

And some more interactive environments maybe. Like shooting cover away or blast some old equipment to pieces with a grenade. The environments I played in so far seem kind of static.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman: At 15 you unlock different supers for each class. Not sure how it'll work out (ie replace your exisiting ability or just an augmentation when you activate your primary ability).

I wish I could choose which kind of jump my character had. I love Warlock but I hate the gliding aspect of the jump and learning how to use it so you don't over shoot your landing or get enough lift to get over a 3 foot barricade is kind of annoying.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like to chime in about the "run on pc/screw playing shooters on console". This game actually plays really well with a controller. I much prefer playing it with a controller than I would with a keyboard and mouse.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Corevi

@jesus_phish: If it was on PC I would play it with a DualShock 4. I just don't have any of the new consoles.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nasp

nothing really.i wanted a borderlands like game expanded into a mmo with more depth,and also have a good pvp or multiplayer component.it does exactly that.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and I also want to the ability to hide my Helmet. I'm an Exo and I want other people to see my face.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if they have it or not, but a medic class that can swing the tide of battle despite the player having terrible aim a la TF2 could seal the deal for me :P

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ability to grab ledges.