Detroit: Become Human Delivers on the old Knife VS Bat question

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soulcake

After all this time, a videogame gives the defining question to the age old knife vs bat conundrum!

KNIFE WINS!

I wonder if one of the quest designers is a fan of the podcast.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nutter

Knife will always beat bad.

Also, if someone at Quantic Dream is a listener, they certainly don’t take criticism personally.

EDIT: Oh, you fixed the bat typo...

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also here is the context for people "new" to the site

Loading Video...

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This encapsulates Jeff's argument. If you can withstand a bat strike and you get a stab in there, they're done. Just get in there again and again and again and they're done.

Although it was an android that took the bat, but from everything I've seen from Detroit I haven't seen any androids display superhuman capabilities. They just don't tire.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@burncoat: One of the earliest and long-standing memories I have of this site is laughing while picturing Jeff's description of these events.

Well, in terms of spoilers I don't mind seeing, this one is up there. On a related note, I'm so excited to see how "great" this game is. Here's hoping it's incompetent, wacky fun like Heavy Rain; not creepy/rapey/insulting like Beyond.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go bat 90% of the time. A knife only seems better if it's an enclosed area like an elevator.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@dwigtk said:

This made me think of something that happened in Toronto, is a knife sharpener a small bat?

https://www.blogto.com/city/2018/05/toronto-cyclist-beats-suspected-bike-thief-outside-restaurant/

Fun fact, that's not a knife sharpener but a honer. It aligns the sharp end of the blade which is malleable, and over time has imperceptible bends that make it less effective. This is opposed to a sharpener which actually scrapes off bits of metal from the blade. Honing is something that should be done before every use, while sharpening is a twice per year affair, for the typical home chef.

PuertoGreekan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to be fair the guy with the knife was an android with limited healing abilities.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

@soulcake: That's amazing. It kind of reminds me of the Ricky Gervais animated show. The animations and music make the discussion more hilarious.

Edit - Off-topic, but I watched the rest of the videos that are like it. Funny.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Since people question whether David Cage has a firm grasp on reality, i still need more evidence that knife is better than bat :)

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I mean, this just confirms what all the sane people already knew. All those fuckin' Team Bat loonies were always out to lunch, thinking they could actually take on a dude with a goddamn knife.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

The game establishes that androids have an unfair advantage over humans physically with their dominance in sports, so the android won the knife vs. bat fight by having an unfair advantage physically, NOTbecause of the weapon it used.

The debate continues.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Luchalma

I'll always be of the opinion that if you get hit with the bat on a good swing, you're fucking done. But you're not gonna get a second swing. So it's more about the knife user's dodging abilities than thier offense.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Every time this comes up, people act like the dude with the bat is gonna pick a spot and glue his goddamn feet to the ground. The dude with a knife still has to get in and dude with the bat is gonna be moving just as much to keep him away. You get hit with one good bat swing, that's it. You're fucking done. Same thing could be said wife the knife, obviously, but there's much more room for error there if you ask me.

I'm confident in my footwork and I'm confident in my swing. Hand me a bat any day...unless I'm fighting like a boxer or a gymnast or a breakdancer with a knife then in that case I'm just gonna lay down and give up and save us both some time.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The batman is a 1-1 first strike magic card. The Knife guy is a 2-1 card. First strike beats 2-1.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ripelivejam

Is a bat a tubular sandwich?