I became human a Detroit : Become Human Spoiler Thread

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am a big fan of weirdness in films like David Lynch etc. The closets weirdo in videogames has to be David Cage IMO (Kojima feels like a try hard ) weird company politics aside this dude has a vision and somehow get's funding for his stuff. He's like if Neil Breen got a Hollywood budget. From weird Futuristic Bowie's to Space Ghost Insects attacking you in a cubicles it's all there. I was pretty psyched about Detroit. I was always a big fan of near future SCI-FI deus-ex etc. And i think he sticks the landing this time it's IMO the best one yet in the Cage repertoire yet. Few weird story bit's a side and a kinda of disappointing ending ( might because of my choices don't really know ). I try to go to peaceful route but something triggered in me after the extermination camps that i went with a full out assault and fake Hillary declaring Detroit lost weird ending but hey videogames am i right..

Anyway i wanna hear your ending i wonder if there that much different from mine?

peachykeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strait up insult to david lynch, harsh

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

I was kind of dreading playing it after listening to the beastcast but I sat down on Sunday and couldn't stop until it was done, I enjoyed it very much. I then went back and listened to that segment from the beastcast and I really can't argue with anything that was said but I still think it was a bit of an unfair picture that was painted based on a few goofy moments.

I found Connor to be the most interesting character in spite of himself; from the very start they introduce him as the hero of the story, but through my bungling and my choices he very much turned into a complete villain, I can't think of any other story that's ever done something like that, I thought it was cool.

The concept drawings in the extras are worth checking out; the race of three characters were changed from what they were in the concept which would have substantially changed some of the writing so I wonder why they did it.

I look forward to someone cutting this 8 hour game into a 2 hour movie on youtube.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoOzak

Yeah I had a good time, it felt like they took the best parts of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain with a less convoluted plot that escalated quite well.

@werupenstein said:

I found Connor to be the most interesting character in spite of himself; from the very start they introduce him as the hero of the story, but through my bungling and my choices he very much turned into a complete villain, I can't think of any other story that's ever done something like that, I thought it was cool.

I also found him to be the most interesting character and I thought the dynamic with him and Hank was pretty good even if it ended horribly for me. I also turned Markus into what I would consider a bad guy (violent revolutionary) so it made Connor's actions, as extreme as they were, seem more justified.

There are a few games that pull the rug out from under you to reveal that you're the real monster (!) but I thought the transition here was more natural and felt earned.

I'll probably go back and get a slightly happier ending at some point, if it exists. But I didnt think it was a bad ending like Alex kept saying, granted I have no idea which one he got.

EDIT: Guess I should say I got the ending where all the android's were killed and replaced with newer models. Fake Hillary seemed happy.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex might have being a bit to harsh at the game IMO. Connor deficiently stands out a great android esque performance by the actor. I normal tend to be bored by a game after 5 hours but this thing kept my attention so that's saying something about me or the game :D. did two long playthroughs to finish it over the weekend.

abczyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I enjoyed the game quite a lot. I think it's much better than Heavy Rain (which I still liked). Never actually played Fahrenheit or Beyond.

I got probably the best endings. Alice, Kara and Luther escaped to Canada, Markus led a peaceful revolution that led the President to consider accepting the androids as another species and Connor turned deviant, broke free of control and remained friends with Hank.

Also, I got to the moment that Alex didn't like (as he's revealed in ROT13 code on Twitter) and I really didn't find it that bad.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By eccentrix

I loved my ending, which didn't feel cliche at all. Here's the last section of my playthrough.

The dirty bomb didn't get used in mine, or it never came up again after it was introduced, but rather than feel like a forgotten subplot, it felt like a sign of how far things had truly gone, an underlying extreme left to sit in the background.

Markus' character development was a little lacking, but I did what I could with what was presented to me and it's not too difficult to speculate about his reasons for doing certain things.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I think I may have stumbled upon the very worst outcome. I didn't even get to see most of the endgame, because Markus was killed during the demonstration, Alice and Kara were executed trying to board the bus to Canada, and Connor remained an android, and in the end, assassinated North, to put a final end to the rebellion.

I... may have to do another run.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@soulcake said:

Alex might have being a bit to harsh at the game IMO. Connor deficiently stands out a great android esque performance by the actor. I normal tend to be bored by a game after 5 hours but this thing kept my attention so that's saying something about me or the game :D. did two long playthroughs to finish it over the weekend.

There's also a handful of complaints Alex mentioned that I was looking out for that were actually addressed in the game. Like they address that the tracking thing is disrupted as a part of the deviancy virus (the creepy mansion scene.) Some other things I can't recall at the moment where when they came up I thought of Alex's points and I was like hmmmm...I guess I just saw different things or he forgot or something.

Also I was prepared for his ending to actually be funny when I looked at it after beating the game, but it totally wasn't. It wasn't emotionally affecting and a bit hokey, but it wasn't some hilarious ridiculous left turn type of thing that would actually elicit that response IMO. Oh okay they embrace each other and kiss and a load of cameras catch it and the pres call them of because public opinion yada yada.

Yes, tons of things in the game are on the nose and unoriginal, but it's generally handled well enough to be engaging and have enough intrigue to care about getting through the game. The structure of the game as well is so much fun; the variety of paths and outcomes alone make it worthwhile for me. Of course, if this was some random TV show or movie it would be at its very best totally average and plenty of the time certainly below that. But again the nature of what Detroit is is a huge boon for the experience of it.

I ended up being peaceful with Markus, Connor playing it straight until the end, and Kara sacrificing her self to make sure Alice got thru. Oh and if you go deviant RIGHT at the end with Connor when Markus is giving his speech (don't shoot him) you get a wild little scene with Amanda. I'm glad the game has so many things tucked away. All in all you sort of have to be along for the ride to begin to enjoy it, and it seems like Alex was always going to begrudging to whole thing from the start. I hope Abby and some others on the site check it out because it's definitely worth a playthru to me.

P.S. me and a friend Redbox'd it. I don't think it is worth $60 but when it gets discounted and such I'd go for it, has solid replay value if you enjoyed it already.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VoshiNova

@eccentrix: I think it's fuckin rad that you linked video of your playthroughs ending. Now I'm watching your whole lets play. ^_^

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a somewhat rough ending. My favourite character Connor ended up biting the bullet, because I didn't know the name of Hank's son and didn't even try guessing anything, because I was just thinking "Oh, but Hank doesn't even have a son, does he? This must be some kind of bluff to reveal the 'fake' Connor..." and then ended up giving a surprised laugh when he shot the real Connor. I assume the traumatic past that he never told me about was related to his son.

Kara and Alice ended up crossing the river, with Alice getting shot and then dying, so that wasn't all that happy. Markus and his merry group ended up singing their way out of a public execution, which was more hilarious than emotional.

Some parts left me confused on my playthrough, like how the hell didn't the police/security catch Josh(?) on the roof, when he was left RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM, before Markus and the co jumped off the roof. I assume that they give out some type of explanation when you're later investigating the scene as Connor and decide to head to the roof. Another sort of baffling thing was hundreds of androids being able to move over to Jericho without anyone apparently noticing it. It's not like the ship was anchored somewhere off-sea, it was right there next to the city.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voshinova said:

@eccentrix: I think it's fuckin rad that you linked video of your playthroughs ending. Now I'm watching your whole lets play. ^_^

Yeah, it's great that server costs are so low for big companies now that it allows us to do stuff like this. The Twitch broadcast broke in a few spots, hence the multiple videos, so there are some chunks missing in those spots.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draugen said:

I think I may have stumbled upon the very worst outcome. I didn't even get to see most of the endgame, because Markus was killed during the demonstration, Alice and Kara were executed trying to board the bus to Canada, and Connor remained an android, and in the end, assassinated North, to put a final end to the rebellion.

I... may have to do another run.

That's not too far off from my first play through, and although I found it entertaining, it was quite grim. I replayed the last few sequences to see what it was like to have Connor go deviant and it's worth checking out. I dont know how the hell you're meant to get through the game with everyone surviving. (not just the playable characters, but their friends too)

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ares42

I'm a little lttp (and haven't quite finished the game yet), but can we talk about the fact that androids can't die ? I feel like this is just a massive gaping hole in certain parts of this story. I mean you can disable them and break them etc etc, but at the end of the day you can almost always just fix it and boot it back up again. Hell, you play a reanimated android in the game, and I'm supposed to care about the fact that "humans are killing us" ? Not to mention all the possible "unfortunately I had to kill it" scenarios.

I get that it's probably supposed to be an analogy etc, but the stakes just completely disappear when you replace actual life with artificial life.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

I'm a little lttp (and haven't quite finished the game yet), but can we talk about the fact that androids can't die ? I feel like this is just a massive gaping hole in certain parts of this story. I mean you can disable them and break them etc etc, but at the end of the day you can almost always just fix it and boot it back up again. Hell, you play a reanimated android in the game, and I'm supposed to care about the fact that "humans are killing us" ? Not to mention all the possible "unfortunately I had to kill it" scenarios.

I get that it's probably supposed to be an analogy etc, but the stakes just completely disappear when you replace actual life with artificial life.

The androids can suffer severe enough damage that they are not able to be repaired, and the average android isn't constantly having their memories backed up somewhere like the Connor prototype. So, an android like Kara, Markus, etc. being damaged beyond repair would essentially be their death. That was my understanding, at least.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalbaofu: Markus is pretty much totaled and comes back fine by just replacing some parts and Kara was beaten severely and comes back with a "maintenance" memory wipe. The idea that two shots to the chest and all of a sudden the android is a useless pile of trash (as depicted over and over) just contradicts the rules the game itself sets up.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

@metalbaofu: Markus is pretty much totaled and comes back fine by just replacing some parts and Kara was beaten severely and comes back with a "maintenance" memory wipe. The idea that two shots to the chest and all of a sudden the android is a useless pile of trash (as depicted over and over) just contradicts the rules the game itself sets up.

Thinking on it a bit more and whether or not they could be repaired doesn't really matter, because they won't be. Deviants are deactivated/destroyed. They won't just repair them and send them back out.

However, let's say they did repair Markus, for example, wipe his memories and resell him or whatever. That Markus that existed before, is technically "dead." His memories would be gone. Then you have to consider that these are androids that have started to have their own thoughts/feelings outside of what they are supposed to be programmed to do. Whether or not you think that is something that could ever actually happen also doesn't really matter, because that is what is happening in this game's world. To wipe away all the thoughts/feelings they had and reset/repair them would still feel like death to them.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Markus being robot Jesus leading a march down the street and getting other to join him by pointing at them is a way funnier sequence than "JASON".

Connor's story in the game made this game 1/3rd of a great game. Really enjoyed the dynamic between him and Hank. The game would've really benefitted if it was just those two trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not perfect, but the best Quantic Dream game yet by a long shot. I think Alex and some other journo pundits are being overly fussy, considering there isn't exactly any other examples of of this type of game doing it better. If the quality can keep improving, or really just maintain at this level, then I'll happily come back for the next one.

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm glad to see not everyone is on the Alex Hatewagon... I loved the game, as did my wife. My playthrough got Connor killed on Jericho after going Deviant, Kara, Luther and Alice ended up in the camp and died trying to escape. North got shot and Marcus (who led a nonviolent protest throughout) got the remaining androids to sing and forced the President to finally pay attention to public opinion and stop the slaughter of Androids.

I didn't love it as much as my wife (who the game was all but made for) but I really liked it for the fact that my playthrough went some dark places. Alex gave it way too much shit for some reason. Heavy handed or not, it was not as bad as he makes out.

Oh, and I let Hank kill Connor on the rooftop after he came back one final time, evil this time, to try and ill Marcus. I didn't even fight back in that QTE (which, might have been a mistake, I dunno, but I wasn't gonna take the chance he killed Hank).

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deviants are deactivated/destroyed. They won't just repair them and send them back out.

That's not what I'm trying to say though. There are two scenarios that keep happening in the game. Firstly, Androids being killed and other androids being sad about it. However the logical response to this would be "well, let's just go fix you up and get you back online". Due to the fact that death isn't permanent for an android any damage can be treated the same way you would treat a wounded human. And the first thing you do in the game as the "resistance" is to acquire a bunch of spare parts and blue blood to keep the androids healthy.

Secondly you have androids with valuable information being killed and the info no longer being available. Any decent android design would allow you to still tap into the information in the android (they can already do "mind melds"), but even if they can't if the information actually was valuable then reanimating the android to extract the information would make a lot of sense. And it's not like it's some big expensive operation. Markus fixes himself in like 5 minutes just by finding compatible parts. They don't even need the androids to be fully functional, just need them to be conscious.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BoOzak

@ares42: Yeah it's a bit dumb, there is a scene in the game where a character does exactly what you're suggesting to gain information though. I could see that never occuring to Kara since she seems to be the most human of the lot but someone like Markus who's already self repaired it seems like a given.

There are a lot of these sorts of logic errors in sci-fi though, I've just learned to ignore them.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MetalBaofu

@ares42 said:
@metalbaofu said:
Deviants are deactivated/destroyed. They won't just repair them and send them back out.

That's not what I'm trying to say though. There are two scenarios that keep happening in the game. Firstly, Androids being killed and other androids being sad about it. However the logical response to this would be "well, let's just go fix you up and get you back online". Due to the fact that death isn't permanent for an android any damage can be treated the same way you would treat a wounded human. And the first thing you do in the game as the "resistance" is to acquire a bunch of spare parts and blue blood to keep the androids healthy.

Secondly you have androids with valuable information being killed and the info no longer being available. Any decent android design would allow you to still tap into the information in the android (they can already do "mind melds"), but even if they can't if the information actually was valuable then reanimating the android to extract the information would make a lot of sense. And it's not like it's some big expensive operation. Markus fixes himself in like 5 minutes just by finding compatible parts. They don't even need the androids to be fully functional, just need them to be conscious.

I still don't really think they can just always be repaired after suffering a complete shutdown, but maybe they can. I tend to just take stuff as I'm told. If the game says they are dead and can't come back, then I just go with that without thinking too much into it. By the end the humans are trying to round them up and completely destroy them anyways, and that would definitely be their death.

@turboman said:

Connor's story in the game made this game 1/3rd of a great game. Really enjoyed the dynamic between him and Hank. The game would've really benefitted if it was just those two trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Connor/Hank was definitely my favorite stuff. I would play a game that was just them solving crimes, like LA Noire or something.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@synthesis_landale said:

I'm glad to see not everyone is on the Alex Hatewagon... I loved the game, as did my wife.

Yeah, I usually think Alex's opinions are pretty reasonable even if I don't exactly agree with him, but I really don't see why he's soooo harsh on Detroit. It's far and away the most coherent and least derpy game that Quantic Dream has made, by a country mile.

As someone who has played through Fahrenheit and is fully aware of how dumb David Cage storylines can be, Detroit is absolutely fine. No, it's not super original in its delivery of "androids are people too", and they play things pretty straight/simple with the civil rights allegory, but it does the job. I mean, somebody is free to dislike the game because it's still barely a game and it's just a super elaborate Choose Your Own Adventure book with QTEs, and ultimately like 90% of the chapters still contain the same key events regardless of what choices you make, but if you accept those things going into the game, Detroit is as good or better than Until Dawn. Plus you can see progress in the game design: it focuses the gameplay so much better than Heavy Rain, which I think sometimes got bogged down in letting you interact with a zillion meaningless things in some scenes.

Is Detroit perfect? No, some scenes are a little cheesy or are just weird plot holes. They really underexplain how much information exchange can happen through android touching/wireless communication, so I do agree with Alex that Markus' ability to just instantly 'unlock' androids' free will with no real explanation is one of the sillier aspects of the whole story, especially when it just randomly escalates from touch-based to remotely converting them. Also, the whole assault on the news tower is completely insane - how did they get any of that expensive equipment, and who planted all of the equipment in the tower ahead of time, back when Jericho is like 15 androids who have no idea what they're doing? I didn't think the Zlatko horror house was as lame as Alex thought it was, though I think the Kara twist near the end of the game where she deludes herself for so long has pretty low impact and seemed unneeded.

I haven't disagreed with Alex this hard since the time he gave Kirby's Epic Yarn a good review, instead of calling it a cute game with absolutely no other redeeming features due to its boring gameplay that would struggle to keep a 4-year-old interested.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I'd say your take on the game will vary a lot depending on what storyline you get the most invested in. If you consider the android revolution and Markus' journey the main plot of the game, then yeah it's pretty bad. If you focus on Connor and Hank then it's fairly decent, and if you focus on Kara it ends up sorta "meh". From what Alex has been talking about it seems like he didn't enjoy Connor much as a character, and most of his complaints has been centered around the Markus plot, so it sorta makes sense.

Personally I found myself not giving two shits about Markus, which meant I could enjoy all those scenes for their hokeyness.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BisonHero

@ares42: Yeah, the Connor parts work the best because he's the most introspective about his feelings as he gains free will/emotions/whatever. It's solid writing, and Connor's actor does a good job with it. The scenes with Amanda and Hank poke and prod at Connor, allowing the player to decide Connor's responses to these changes (or lack thereof, I guess). Also despite Hank's detective character being a pretty well worn trope, that guy acts the hell out of that character.

Markus has a similar awakening, but there's almost no introspection. He just dies and when he comes back from the dead in the junkyard he's like "nah, fuck this" and immediately becomes the generic amalgam of every civil rights leader. I thought his opening with Lance Henriksen was actually super strong with stuff like Carl explaining painting to Markus, but once Markus gets shots and is reborn, they explore less interesting character stuff. Markus spends all his time being semi-conflicted about leading the revolution and maybe falling in love with North for kinda no reason.

Kara's storyline is kinda whatever. Her vignettes feel the most unrelated and disjointed. Just lots of moments where you go "awww" because she wants to be a good mom. The Jerrys are awesome, though.

Overall, the story isn't some amazing revelation. SOMA certainly talks about AI, free will, consciousness, etc. in a deeper way like a good sci-fi book might. Detroit is a fun, schlocky android sci-fi movie, the same way Until Dawn is a fun, schlocky horror movie. I didn't expect either to be anything more than the video game version of a popcorn movie. Yeah, the Markus sections get a little more bogged down in self-seriousness and aren't especially subtle, but whatever, I still think the overall game is a good time. It's not 10/10 stuff, but I'm surprised by the reviews that actively disliked it and wouldn't recommend the game at all.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bisonhero: Kirby's Epic Yarn is a better game than Detroit.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex: There doesn't exist an emoticon to express my outrage.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SethMode

I can definitively say that this game stinks in the way that all of his games stink. Only this one stinks worse because Cage is so far out of his element it's crazy to think that no one stopped him (fill in your own narrative here). There are INSANE shifts into the tone that make zero sense. Characters drastically change appearance for no reason over the course of literally 4 days. Abilities are introduced that are never explained. It's just a fucking mess of a game made SO much worse because he just HAD to make his "million android march" game. I wish I could even pick a most eye-roll inducing segment. I made a post in the other thread thinking I had to have already hit the most ridiculous parts and jeez...I wish I could go back and slap myself.

As much as hearing "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" is the lamest thing possible, still nothing will top seeing white mo-cap girl tell black mo-cap guy what it means to fight for your freedom. That was...perhaps quintessential David Cage.

Dracomaster01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I feel like i'm alone in actually enjoying this game. The story was intriguing and the characters were interesting and entertaining enough two do two playthroughs that resulted in drastically different endings. My first ending I had Markus become a violent revolutionist, but had him change his violent ways after talking to Carl for the last time, he surrenders to the humans who betray him and they kill the remaining androids anyway. Connor kills Hank on the roof; and Connor is successful in his mission and just gets replaced in the end by an upgraded model (probably the biggest bummer ending for me). Kara and Alice end up dying in Canada together after being shot in the boat.

On my second playthrough I had Markus go the complete peaceful route. Androids gain complete freedom. I had Connor and Hank become friends, saved Hank at Cyberlife, killed the machine Connor and converted all the other androids in the warehouse. Kara, Alice, and Luther make it through the Canada and live happily ever after.

I think it's awesome that games tone can change so drastically depending on how you play, few games even attempt that.

The biggest issue I have is some of the dialogue options aren't clear enough, but those usually never have a drastic impact; and the ones that do are very clear. It's a pretty fun popcorn sci-fi game that's a lot more replayable than other games out there.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just beat the game for the first time and while I definitely did not get the endings I wanted, I'd say I enjoyed the experience.

Though now that I have done some digging into the things I missed, I feel like I missed a few hours of content due to choices that were not at all evident. I thought I was doing good with Connor but literally drove Hank to shooting me and later himself. From videos ive watched, Connor becoming deviant and converting his own army of Androids sounds way better to me.

With Markus I wanted some nookie from North which definitely seems like the Renegade route so went full killer and unfortunately that led to Kara and Alice getting popped at the border check. Had Markus set off the nuke so the androids have their own town now so, Happy ending?

Considering there appear to be over 99 possible endings im really curious to look into them all. One video on youtube was around 4.5 hours long so maybe that'd be something for a slow day.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezerker285: There are probably over 99 endings if you count all the smaller little changes, but for each character there are only a few key endings. With all the possible combinations it is probably a lot, since everybody affects other people's chapters in minor ways, but there are really only 4-5 proper endings per character. If you don't care about spoilers, having watched some streamers play the game and read through some guides, I'll lay out the 4-5 main endings per character I'm aware of.

HUGE SPOILERS FOR THE GAME

Markus (there's small variations like your rep being super low or high with characters and Jericho will lock you out of certain options though 90% of the time all it does is change dialogue, whether you keep Josh/North alive, whether you accept the nuke from North and later detonate it or not, whether Carl or Leo is dead, whether you get assassinated by Connor, etc.):

• Markus dies in the march if he doesn't run and nobody takes a bullet for him (North takes over the resistance if she's alive but you don't play as her. If Connor becomes Deviant he takes Markus' place in certain scenes, like Connor will self destruct Jericho instead of Markus, and Connor will address the remaining androids before and after the final mission because they sort of make him the leader for some reason)
  • Markus dies if you're super bad at QTEs or make obviously terrible decisions such as "do nothing" at the climax of the game (North takes over the resistance if she's alive and Markus dies in the early or mid game. If you fuck up enough as Markus in the final confrontation it causes the final confrontation to just fail)
  • Markus dies if you betray your people, as the FBI guy just shoots you and the remaining androids
  • Markus successfully leads a peaceful revolution (if you don't get public opinion up to supportive, this will fail and instead soldiers will just gun down Markus and the remaining androids, though you could still detonate the nuke if you know the public doesn't care)
  • Markus successfully leads a violent revolution (it doesn't matter whether public opinion is super high or super low, all that matters is you choose the right options to not get your allies killed, and pass the QTEs)

Kara (there's small variations like your rep being super low or high with characters will lock you out of certain options though 90% of the time all it does is change dialogue, whether Todd is alive or not, whether you find allies like Ralph and Zlatko's horror show robots, there's also several ways Luther can die, and Kara and Alice soldier on without him, etc.):

• there are several times Kara can die in the early and mid game if you're super bad at QTEs or make obviously terrible decisions such as "do nothing" at the climax of the game
  • in the end game, you can get captured and sent to an android destruction camp at numerous points during the Jericho assault, or while trying to get to the Canadian border
  • you can escape from said camp or die stupidly in several ways. If you fail to escape, sometimes Kara and Alice don't get destroyed if Markus successfully liberates the camps
  • if you're not captured in the first place, you can cross the border legitimately. Depending on Markus' actions, sometimes you have to sacrifice someone to cause a distraction, sometimes you don't.
  • you can cross the border by boat if you fuck up crossing it legitimately, but once you're on the boat the authorities always open fire on you, and I think all of the options you can choose at that point all lead to one or more people (Kara/Alice/Luther) getting shot and they eventually bleed out and die if this happens. It's a pretty shit ending but go for it if you like tragedy

Connor (his chapters keep going even if he dies, the main variation is whether you gain useful information that could help you find Jericho, and whether Hank commits suicide; Hank's rep almost entirely doesn't matter except if you're friends with him he'll cause the distraction at the precinct instead of you having to cause a distraction yourself, and if you're super hostile to him he commits suicide):

• since you can't die in the early and mid game without them just issuing another Connor, the only way you can really fail Connor's part early is if you make it to the end game failing all of the investigations. If you don't have even one dead android or piece of evidence that can be manipulated to find Jericho, Connor is decommissioned and they don't even take you to the evidence room because the game knows you have nothing useful to find. It's a really anticlimactic ending, Connor basically just leaves the story and has no impact on the other characters' endings. If this happens, you don't see any resolution with Hank, because Connor is written out of the story and doesn't get any further scenes.
  • once you're at the end game, like the other characters, Connor can die if you're super bad at QTEs
  • if Connor becomes a deviant, you basically always go to Cyberlife Tower unless you have Markus kill Connor. Once there, the other Connor always pulls out Hank as a hostage (if he didn't commit suicide), even if your rep with Hank was never great (it feels like this only makes sense if Connor was actually friends with Hank, but this happens even if your rep is tense/neutral/warm the entire game). If Hank is dead you just kinda fight the other Connor. Regardless of a peaceful or violent revolution, if you succeed Connor brings the androids and vaguely helps the revolution with numbers
  • even if Connor becomes a deviant, if Markus dies and Connor becomes de facto leader of the group, at the final speech of the game Cyberlife regains control of Connor and the player cannot do anything about this. If Markus is alive, there is inexplicably a way that Connor finds a way to resist Cyberlife regaining control of him that he just doesn't attempt if Markus is dead.
  • if Connor does not become a deviant, you are basically confronted by Hank or Captain Allen (the SWAT guy), and if Connor doesn't die, you then go on to track down Markus and/or North in the final confrontation, and then some combination of Connor/Markus/North die when they fight each other.

To the game's credit, there are a lot of minor variations, but if you discount the endings where a character can stupidly die due to failed QTEs, there's only a handful of endings.

m2thek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I liked it overall, but the last 5 hours I really did not have a good time with. The framework around the story is the best it's ever been in one of these, and the presentation is fantastic. My Kara and Alice got executed at the bus stop because that section is so poorly designed that my friend and I couldn't figure out anything to do other than go talk to the police, which really rubbed me the wrong way. Definitely more than a few instances of "that is not at all what I thought that dialogue choice was going to be", but overall pretty good writing and acting (no goofy accents)