• 79 results
Edited 7 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Will DMC 5 be the F&F 6 of the series? (155 votes)

Yes 19%
No 15%
DMC 2 doesnt exist 31%
DmC 2 should exist 34%

As in finally going into the future? DMC 2 was, as I understand it, the latest in the timeline. DMC 3&4 were prequels.

Or do you think they will ignore that DMC 2 ever happend? (probably the smart thing to do) Personally I hope they do acknowledge it because I love it when dumb shit like this comes full circle.

EDIT: I meant Fast and Furious 7 (or Furious 7) not 6.

#1 Posted by Napstar (185 posts) -

Fast And Furious 6 ? If so, then I would hope so cause F&F 6 was awesome.

#2 Posted by TheRealSeaman (133 posts) -

I just hope Dante gets his due, the original, not the ridiculous Bring Me the Horizon looking motherfucker in DmC.

#3 Posted by Efesell (4169 posts) -

Just salvage Lucia from DMC2 for canon and portray it as her weird adventures with a Dante cosplayer who was also really into Two-Face.

#4 Posted by DinosaurCanada (938 posts) -

I have a feeling DMC 2 will never be referenced for any reason

#5 Edited by BoOzak (2474 posts) -

@napstar: Yes, I guess I should have been more specific. ;p

#6 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2922 posts) -

Poll options are strange....

If we're talking quality in reference to Fast and Furious movies I hope it's at least like Tokyo Drift.

#7 Posted by Vashyron (309 posts) -

I'm going to refrain from voting because I never watched Fast and Furious after 2. I felt that was all there was needed. The world seems to think otherwise.

I will say I'm interested to see more of DMC 5. Skeptical, but interested.

#8 Posted by BoOzak (2474 posts) -

I'm talking purely about the timeline, not the quality in relation to the Fast and Furious films.

#9 Edited by liquiddragon (3238 posts) -

Wait, 4 is before 2 but after 1 right? Fans ignore 2 like the developers seem to ignore DmC. All we need to know is that it's after 4.

#10 Posted by Humanity (18386 posts) -

I dunno how that girl is going to turn out in the game, but in the trailer she was rough.

#11 Edited by Vashyron (309 posts) -

Then, probably?

I mean, even if you take 2 into consideration, after the brief look at Dante, he looks older (that long hair and light beard thng he has going on), he might have aged past 2? Maybe not. Hard to tell.

#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (15610 posts) -

I was under the vague impression that Devil May Cry 2 had been more-or-less excised from the canon, but I think I'd prefer it way more if they did reference it in some way for the sole purpose of shitting on it.

#13 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2922 posts) -

@liquiddragon said:

Wait, 4 is before 2 but after 1 right? Fans ignore 2 like the developers seem to ignore DmC. All we need to know is that it's after 4.

It goes 3,1,4, and 2. So obviously this is a sequel to 4. And yes 2 doesn't exist.

I dropped in on the trailer about half way through and literally slammed my fist on the desk thinking it was a sequel to DmC cause I saw a short haired protagonist. Thankfully I was wrong. It's been to long since we've had a real DMC game.

#14 Posted by BoOzak (2474 posts) -

@liquiddragon: The timeline in DMC is kind of a confusing clusterfuck which is why I compared it to The Fast and the Furious movies.

Heres a snipit from the wiki:

"The chronological order of the Devil May Cry series does not follow the release order of the games and related media. Devil May Cry 3 (Manga)takes place earliest in the timeline, serving as a prequel to Devil May Cry 3, which itself is a prequel to Devil May Cry, followed by the anime series, then Devil May Cry 4. Devil May Cry Volume 2leads into Devil May Cry 2, the final chronological installment of the series. Vergil's cutscenes in Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition are set before Devil May Cry 3, however it is not clear whether or not they are before or after the Manga."

So yeah... Hope that makes things clearer.

#15 Posted by liquiddragon (3238 posts) -

A series isn't a series without at least 1 dud. I wouldn't mind seeing Luica pop up and I still think DMC2 Dante is the coolest looking Dante.

#16 Posted by liquiddragon (3238 posts) -

@boozak: Ok, ya, that makes sense. You know, I actually would like to see them go passed it cause if we don't, DMC2 will always be in front of us when it should be far behind us.

#17 Posted by ToTheNines (1672 posts) -

@therealseaman: I don’t get this. Old Dante looks way more emo than new Dante.

#18 Posted by HatKing (7442 posts) -

I might trade in my Xbox for them announcing they bought Ninja Theory, then showing a Devil May Cry game, and not making the connection.

#19 Edited by Vashyron (309 posts) -
#20 Edited by TheRealSeaman (133 posts) -

@tothenines: New Dante looks like a screamo punk which is 10x worse

And I didn't like the change because old Dante is DMC's legacy, he's iconic and the series didn't need a reboot after only 4 games (or 3 since DMC2 barely counts)

DmC isn't a bad game but they should have made their own characters instead of messing with older ones

#21 Edited by TheRealSeaman (133 posts) -

@hatking: I don't think Ninja Theory are developing it, the guy who was on stage is Capcom Japan

#22 Edited by Vashyron (309 posts) -
#23 Posted by TheRealSeaman (133 posts) -

@vashyron: It's going to be funny if DMC5 is really good. That means Capcom are hitting home runs on everything that isn't a fighting game.

#24 Posted by ToTheNines (1672 posts) -

@therealseaman: I really don’t see it. He looks just like your average punk teenager with a stupid trench coat. Where as the old Dante looks like he fell out of an anime.

But I guess it’s all subjective anyway so it’s pointless arguing. I just found the new gritty look refreshing. And I adore the soundtrack which fits it well. But I understand why it rubs the old fan base the wrong way.

#25 Posted by HatKing (7442 posts) -

@hatking: I don't think Ninja Theory are developing it, the guy who was on stage is Capcom Japan

I know, that's what I'm saying. Microsoft announces both a DMC game and that they have Ninja Theory and they didn't connect the two. Honestly, I'm happy for fans who want that series to continue, but while I started out a fan of the originals, I think the Ninja Theory game is by far the best one.

#26 Posted by Vashyron (309 posts) -

@therealseaman: So long as I don't have to play through all the stages twice and fight all the bosses 3 times in one playthrough, I'll probably be content.

#27 Posted by TheRealSeaman (133 posts) -

@tothenines: the real crime is Ninja Theory not being given the money for an Enslaved 2

#28 Posted by BoOzak (2474 posts) -

@boozak: Ok, ya, that makes sense. You know, I actually would like to see them go passed it cause if we don't, DMC2 will always be in front of us when it should be far behind us.

Yeah that's my feeling too. Hideaki Itsuno directed the best DMC (3 imo) right after directing the worst (2) and I personally think owning your mistakes is much better than pretending they never happend.

#29 Posted by Whitestripes09 (917 posts) -

As an old fan, I'm fucking excited. Glad to see the over the top action and cheesy dialogue is back.

The only real sequel I want to see from Ninja Theory is Enslaved 2. They really seem to do well making their own games and I never understood why they had the right to do DmC. It's a shame for those people that want to see more of their take on it.

#31 Posted by liquiddragon (3238 posts) -

@boozak: Yeah, and DMC is probably a good series to get meta and maybe poke fun at itself. Irregardless, he seems stoked and it's a project ppl can feel good about cause it's no where near a sure bet. God, it looks good, I'm really looking forward to it!

#32 Posted by FrostyRyan (2860 posts) -

I really fucking thought he was Don'te for a good half of that trailer

#33 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2922 posts) -

Seems like Nero is borrowing Venom Snake's prosthetic arm from Phantom Pain

#34 Posted by hakunin (547 posts) -

@bigboss1911:Remember DMC2 ended with Dante going to Hell on a motorcycle? And then the after-credits scene was Lucia mentioning that Sparta came back from Hell, and then she hears the sound of a motorcycle outside?

I think this is after DMC2.

#35 Posted by BoOzak (2474 posts) -

I just realised that it was the seventh Fast and Furious movie that took place after Tokyo Drift, shit. I pride myself on my Fast and the Furious knowledge. I dont know how I fucked this one up. Sorry about that people. (I tried editing the thread but it wouldnt let me!)

@hakunin said:

@bigboss1911:Remember DMC2 ended with Dante going to Hell on a motorcycle? And then the after-credits scene was Lucia mentioning that Sparta came back from Hell, and then she hears the sound of a motorcycle outside?

I think this is after DMC2.

Yeah seing Dante with the beard on that motorcycle is the thing that made me think this was after 2.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
#36 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (881 posts) -

Okay but why is everybody missing that they didn’t go to the future until Fast and Furious 7?

#37 Posted by BoOzak (2474 posts) -

@secondpersonshooter: I realised my error but I cant edit the thread title, i'm surprised you're the first person to call me out on it honestly ;p

#38 Posted by TheChris (406 posts) -

I was a bit scared for a second that they were going to follow up on Donte May Cry.

#39 Posted by Fram (1825 posts) -

DmC was/is awesome and people generally don't like change.

#40 Posted by IVDAMKE (1816 posts) -

Looks great, love how its dripping with cheese.

I seriously hope Dante is a straight up loon now, he looks so unhinged. That would be a very fun character turn.

#41 Edited by TheRealSeaman (133 posts) -

@fram: I don't know why a go to response to thinking something looks bad is "you don't like change".

I don't like bad new takes on things which is what I thought the redesigns in DmC were. I'm fine with change if it's actually good.

#42 Posted by TheHT (15761 posts) -

Yes. And they should acknowledge DMC2's existence by referencing back when Dante was "in a mood."

Or just have him be how he is in DMC2, but play it up for laughs. That'd work.

#43 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (1596 posts) -

@fram said:

DmC was/is awesome and people generally don't like change.

DMC3 is more different from DMC1 than Ninja Theory's reboot is from DMC3/4 but people love DMC3. DmC was just a mediocre game.

#44 Posted by soulcake (2507 posts) -

Cause people are garbage DMC2 will never happen.

#45 Posted by JTB123 (1274 posts) -

I didn't expect to be interested much by a DMC5 but the story hinting that someone attacks Nero and cuts off his devil arm was a pretty cool setup.

I just hope they give Nero full attention this time and don't split the game between two characters.

#46 Posted by hermes (2573 posts) -

It seems so. The little we see of Dante, he seems older than in DMC2.

And DmC2 should exist. It was a departure from the series, but its Dante was more of a character than almost all the others.

#47 Posted by Fram (1825 posts) -

@therealseaman: "bad" is subjective though. I loved the DmC redesign and felt it refreshed a stale character.

#48 Posted by MeierTheRed (5848 posts) -

@fram said:

@therealseaman: "bad" is subjective though. I loved the DmC redesign and felt it refreshed a stale character.

I enjoyed the new take on Dante as well and whatever i might think of his appearance he fit the tone and style of that game perfectly. That said i find they booth look like dorks.

#49 Edited by ToTheNines (1672 posts) -

@meierthered said:
@fram said:

That said i find they booth look like dorks.

bingo.

EDIT: What I really liked about the DmC reboot was how well the soundtrack fitted the attitude, sort of like the new Doom game does. A gritty industrial punkish soundtrack by Combichrist, and I got to say the song in the DMC 5's trailer also fits the action and attitude of this game exceptionally well.

Loading Video...

#50 Posted by Fram (1825 posts) -