#1 Edited by Darji (5412 posts) -

Ok....

Another great RPG via kickstarter will be released sometime in 2014. And again this game shapes up to be really really good with multiple ways for every quest, the ability to kill everyone and still solve quests and so on. The impressions so far are excellent for this old school CRPG with turn based combat. It also offers really nice additions like physic engine, gravity or that your companions path finding is based on his intelligence stat. So a really dumb Character will run into every trap or will not evade electric fields etc. Man 2014 is a paradise for CRPGs...

Another interesting feature is that you actually chose your answers and talk to players in the CO op mode which is quite cool in my opinion. There will also be a live stream on Friday via twtich to show and decide when people get their hands on this Alpha. Sadly I did not back this and I can not pledge anymore so I will not be able to play this game next week..

So anyone backed this?

Edit: For people interested in this here is an hands on impression

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/09/hands-on-divinity-original-sin-2/

#2 Posted by soulcake (1076 posts) -

Its good to see Belgium finally having a decent game studio its about time !

#3 Posted by iceman228433 (743 posts) -

I backed this game for only 20$ or what ever it was but still, it is looking cool.

#4 Edited by Tennmuerti (9134 posts) -

Their games always have some neat and cool ideas that sound awesome on paper, but the final implementation is frequently just so half assed and poorly thought through in terms of overall mechanics design :/

Sill seeing a dialogue tree and action points is never a bad sign, so I'm still interested in seeing what they can do this time around. Plus I would rather play 10 flawed games that tried to do something then a single game that has 0 ambitions.

As a side note, on that fireball, there should really be a visible AoE zone that can be casted not on just a single enemy but on an area. This might be already in, I'll finish watching it a bit later.

#5 Edited by mosdl (3422 posts) -

Their games always have some neat and cool ideas that sound awesome on paper, but the final implementation is frequently just so half assed and poorly thought through in terms of overall mechanics design :/

I tried to play Divinity 2 a few months ago, the thing that put me off was the combat. It was the usual bad boring action RPG combat, and Larian has said that the publisher wanted it to be that way instead of more traditional rpgs combat mechanics. If they can deliver the good dialog and have a capable combat system (action points are always welcome, especially after how great Shadowrun Returns was) then this will hopefully be a keeper.

#6 Posted by mosdl (3422 posts) -

Looks like alpha is next tuesday according to their twitter