It IS a Doom remake...Not doom 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nukemtheduke935
NukemtheDuke935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NukemtheDuke935
No Caption Provided

The video game DooM is in development and a teaser trailer was released back in June and it looks amazing. In this years Quakcon, people got to see gameplay and all reviews say positive things. Its going back to its original roots from the 90s where you face hordes of the Demonic legion and not 2 or 5 demons at a time like in Doom 3.

Here is what we do know about the DooM remake

• Fast-paced combat against multiple enemies at once - doom 3 this ain't.
  • Classic Doom weapons, including the fan-favorite double-barrell shotgun return. Plasma rifle, rocket launcher, and the good old chainsaw were also shown off.
  • Doom is powered by IdTech 6, and will be for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. They are "committed" to 1080P at 60 frames-per-second.
  • Wonderfully gory close range executions, including special ones for dropping down on enemies from above.
  • Enemies can teleport in for old-school style ambushes
  • Dying results in a crazy fatality scene depending on what killed you, an imp was seen ripping off the doom guys arm.
  • Revenants now have jetpacks and can hover about while firing rockets at you.
  • Old school mechanics. No reloading your clip, hold as many weapons as you want, health and ammo pick-ups etc. NO REGENERATING HEALTH.
  • The Demo was set outside one of the facilities of the UAC (Space company in the doom game that lets in the demons of hell through some type of portal.)
  • Hellknights, cyberdemons, revenants, mancubii, and other classic monsters were spotted throughout the demo.
bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think there might already be a thread for this but I might just be super wrong.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

Yup we know, we just want to see what people saw at Quakecon already.

Avatar image for nukemtheduke935
NukemtheDuke935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prolly is, just wanted to make sure

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Re: Revenants now have jetpacks and can hover about while firing rockets at you.

fuck that shit!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who likes the basic shotgun way more than the super. It's got a better sound look and rhythem.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

This IS a Doom thread remake.

Anyway, once again, all the stuff listed is exciting.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't get behind-door screenings in this day and age, stream the damn thing on the internet already. Comic-Con is the worst offender.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinner458: Apparently, their arguement was that they weren't comfortable presenting the game publicly, unpolished as it is. At the same time, they wanted to remind people of that the game was still very much alive, and used it as an incentive to draw dedicated fans (whose opinion was sure to be positive, or at least optimistic) to quakecon. Personally, I buy that excuse.

Also, Doom 3 was a remake. Sooooo....

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By UncleDisco

@nukemtheduke935: I like your avatar.

But yeah it seems like it's a remake. And it sounds like it's taking a few cues from Brutal Doom.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

This IS a Doom thread remake.

Well, minus the year-spanning epic nature of the original.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By jadegl

There is already a thread talking about the new Doom and all facets of it. This discussion fits in perfectly over there. Here's the link to that thread.