PSA: Downwell free on google play for until 27th sept because of delisting. (if you bought it be sure to get it again)

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I heard that the game was free for a week and didn't think much of it, turns out it's free because they had to delist the old version and it was the easiest way to let previous owners get the new version.

"Unfortunately, there was a technical issue with the original game that could only be fixed by re-releasing Downwell as a new app on Google Play. In appreciation of our players we are making Downwell free for a limited time. You will be able to download Downwell for free starting on September 20th at 12:00AM GMT. Downwell will be available for free until September 27th, 23:59PM GMT.

You can get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolver.downwell_rerelease

If you recently re-purchased the game and would like to request a refund, please email as at downwell@devolverdigital.com with your Order ID (it looks like: GPA.1234-5678-9012-34567) and we will take care of it.

Thank you for your support!"

https://devolverdigital.com/propaganda/downwell-accidentally-leaves-then-returns-to-google-play

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MerxWorx01

It's cool that Devolver is making sure there is a way for a game to be available for people who purchased it and that other people will also be able to play with out paying but the game is three dollars without a sale. I get that people are going through hardships but the dev(s) who made it is asking for the price of a few cups of coffee.

Surely a Dev who put untold hours into making an enjoyable game at least deserves a few dollars versus trying to snag it for free due to a technical issue.

Not trying to shame anyone. If you can't afford it or just planning on trying it and paying later, go for it and download but remember a human took their time and worked on this thing.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By Forcen

Yeah but you can't buy it twice on google play though. Even if it was free the first time.

You could instead still buy it on Steam/gog, it's the better version anyway. Phone is still good though, especially if you have an OLED screen. You could consider the phone version as a free everlasting portable demo.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

fwiw, I found the phone controls for Downwell to be extremely insufficient. The movement requires a lot of precision that I just don’t think touch-based phone controls are up to.

My understanding is that most people who play the game seriously, or even most people who ever want to complete the game, tend to prefer the PC version.