Dragon Age Confusion

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I picked up some Game of the Year edition on PS Plus over the weekend for around £10 with a tonne of added DLC packs and armour downloads etc. Then I waited a week for all the downloads to complete.

Now in the game I've hit the War Table and already it seems a bit too overpopulated for the start of the game, so I'm guessing this is all the various beginnings of the packs.

Is there any DLC I should totally avoid till I've mainlined the game or should I just go with it and hope it scales me out of those areas?

Thanks

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Make sure to do Trespasser last. You won't be able to go back to the other parts of the game after playing it.

The other two should probably wait until near the end or after the end of the main game.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Trespasser doesn't even unlock until you finish the main story, but it does prevent you from finishing any unfinished side content once you start it. It is, however, very upfront about warning you of this when you attempt to start it.

As for the rest of DLC, the other two main DLCs ("The Descent" and "Jaws of Hakkon") both have a fairly high level requirement if I recall correctly, somewhere in the 20s. These aren't things you're going to want to do early in the game. You can really do them anytime after you've reached the level requirement, before or after the story, but it will be late game.

The Descent is more of a singular experience, meaning it's something you'll want to do all at once. Jaws of Hakkon is structured more like other side content in the game. It adds a new region similar in size and scope to the other regions in the game, though it does have a more involved and engaging main questline than the quests you'll find in the other regions.

All of the other GOTY edition content is simply weapon packs and the like. The only true DLCs are these three, each of which is substantial in terms of the amount of content and time investment (Between 6 and 10 hours apiece). Any other DLC stuff on the map other than Jaws of Hakkon and The Descent you can feel free to activate whenever, they're just going to be giving you things like weapons and mounts.

Avatar image for sandalinbohemia
sandalinbohemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how far you are in the game but I'm pretty certain you can only access the DLC areas once you have reached Skyhold.

I wouldn't start Jaws of Hakkon and the Descent until you are at least level 17/18. Some enemies in the Descent are absolute damage sponges if you have a lower level and reduced damage. The loot you find in these DLCs is also meant for level 17/18 and up (as in, you cannot equip it if you are a lower level).

Both packs are lore-based. If you like dwarves, you should do the Descent first. If you are into the history of the Inquisition and the Avvar tribes, you should open up the Jaws of Hakkon area first. I personally thought the puzzles in JOH were pretty good and there are some tough enemies in this area that are harder to beat than any enemy in the main game.

You can't access Trespasser unless you are absolutely done with your main game. The game also warns you that you cannot go back once you have started this DLC.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Having played all the DA:I content when it came out, i would recommend just playing the main game through to its conclusion and as much of the side missions you choose to do. Then start with the DLC in the order they came out.