#1 Edited by KirkyX (369 posts) -

Well, I suppose that settles it: Inquisition really is the next Elder Scrolls game.

#2 Posted by spraynardtatum (4384 posts) -

Are you saying there is a Kasavinquisition?

#3 Edited by jiggajoe14 (1817 posts) -

Oh sweet. I remember his Oblivion marathon back in the day being one of my favorite gamespot streams so I'm sure I'll enjoy this....hopefully it doesn't end with a fire alarm going off like the oblivion video did :p

#4 Posted by rahulricky (299 posts) -

awesome, I'm not one for watching this stuff outside of GB Quick Looks, but Kasavin is enough to make it happen.

#5 Posted by rethla (3725 posts) -

@kirkyx: There is a layer of generic elder scroll stuff shoehorned into the landscapes of DAI but its not an Elder scrolls game.

#6 Posted by KirkyX (369 posts) -
#7 Posted by KirkyX (369 posts) -

@rethla: I wouldn't know; I plan to finish replaying Origins, and then actually finish 2, before I get it. I mainly just wanted to tie this video into Greg Kasavin's illustrious past.

#8 Posted by fetchfox (1735 posts) -

Awesome, I'll have to watch this later when I get the time.

#9 Posted by OurSin_360 (6117 posts) -

damn, looks like the pc version sucks or his pc is just terrible for the settings he's running.

#10 Edited by pweidman (2839 posts) -

I'll watch Greg play an rpg...yes I will. :)

#11 Posted by Lukeweizer (3303 posts) -

Is he playing for 12 hours straight?

#12 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (3013 posts) -

@rethla said:

@kirkyx: There is a layer of generic elder scroll stuff shoehorned into the landscapes of DAI but its not an Elder scrolls game.

I don't know about you, but Inquisition has most of what I love about Elder Scrolls games (large world to get lost in, huge number of quests, interesting places to discover) with the added benefit of actually having an engaging story and interesting characters (unlike Elder Scrolls games).

As a huge fan of both Bethesda and Bioware games, I feel like Inquisition is the best of each of their respective styles combined into one game.

#13 Posted by Justin258 (15583 posts) -

Are you saying there is a Kasavinquisition?

...that's pretty good.

I likely won't watch all of this but I'll definitely watch a fair bit of it at some point.

#14 Posted by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -

Greg had some technical issues last night while playing, but he said it should be resolved for tonight's stream.

I watched much of it live, and parts of this first stream are hard to watch, as his FPS is sub-30 and he accidentally makes characters' hair look like shiny helmets. The next stream should hopefully alleviate that. :)

#15 Posted by rethla (3725 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: Well if you compare Inqusition to Origins and DA2 you can clearly see some businessman looked at the success of Elder scrolls and forced Bioware to shoehorn in some "huge" enviroments with a myriad of really bland quests ala Elder scrolls. The true openess of Elder Scroll games aint there though its just half assed and the core of Dragon age games with "engaging story and interesting characters" as you put it is still the main game.

#16 Posted by Honkalot (1038 posts) -

I have found numerous hidden corpses adjacent to comically large wheels of cheese in some areas of the environment. That is a Skyrim reference in some way right?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
#17 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (1119 posts) -

I need to find some time to watch this now.

#18 Posted by tuxfool (688 posts) -

As much as I think I'd enjoy this, the frame rate is making my eyes bleed. I hope it isn't as bad on his end, because it looks like a slide show at points.

#19 Posted by Hunter5024 (6706 posts) -

Well god damn it. I'm gonna have to make time for this somehow.

#20 Posted by Sterling (4134 posts) -

Man, that video is so choppy.

Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
#21 Posted by Bicycle_Repairman (670 posts) -

I really like watching it. But it is also a great warning that to full experience the game, don't stream it :P.

He just misses so many things. I understand everyone plays games a different way, but maaaaaaaaaaaan i just have to tell myself that some of his actions are only because he is streaming the game to an audience. ;)

#22 Edited by mithical (423 posts) -

I really liked the Skyrim marathon so I'll definitely check this out. Thanks.