Krillin or Yamcha?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll Krillin or Yamcha? (809 votes)

Krillin 80%
Yamcha 10%
Uhm... 10%

So, in the last giant beastcast, "they" bring up the discussion of which one is better (quotation added because it was a pretty one sided conversation) and I have to ask, which one do you think is better?

My vote goes to Krillin, because, even when he can't hold a candle to the strongest of the cast and he knows it, he never runs out of a fight. Yamcha took part in only two fights in the entire series, and has never beaten even the weakest cannon fodder...

• 
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Krillin helped goku not only become a super saiyian, but gave goku a friend and rival as a kid. Yamcha was just a bum. And the only time I remember him ever really being handy was the fortune teller baba arc when he helped beat that invisible guy. Other than that he's just there to be a pair of fists who waits for goku to come in and save the day. Watch this fight between Goku and Krillin. Although Goku far surpassed him later on, they were pretty evenly matched at one point.

Loading Video...

He even has a pretty good back story where he was ridiculed and ostracized by these other dipshit martial artists who only took advantage of him. He left and trained on his own till he found Master roshi.

Loading Video...

The he gets them back during the tournament.

Loading Video...

Ps: Also his japanese voice actor is Luffy from One piece. Lots of smiles were had by me when I found that out watching Dragonball Super subbed. :)

elite49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By elite49

Krillin, always Krillin between these two. His character arc is better than Yamcha even if he's the reason Cell went Perfect. He may have fucked up a few times but he also tries to fight/do things even when he knows he has no chance.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Yamcha is the worst

PoorTommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By PoorTommy

Yamcha is the archetype for both grown-up Goku and Vegeta, is voiced by Christopher Sabat, and is worthy enough to be befriended by Puar.

Krillin is just a dirtydirtyboy running amok with Master Roshi.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I vote Yamcha just because I really liked the original Dragonball manga arch featuring him. I always thought Krillin came across a bit annoying, especially in the Z chapters.

To clarify, I never watched any Dragonball or DBZ anime, only read the manga.

EDIT: Actually, I've watched plenty of DBZ episodes and movies, but not the whole series, so Im not super familiar with it as I am with the manga.

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words

Destructo

Disk

Not the strongest but one of the coolest attacks in the xenoverse

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

They're both excellent representations of why I don't understand why anyone cares about any of the supporting cast of DBZ. Except Piccolo.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words

Destructo

Disk

Not the strongest but one of the coolest attacks in the xenoverse

Which was stolen by so many characters btw. Krillin is a visionary

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: @oursin_360: @bbalpert: *Pushed up glasses* Actually Tien remained stronger than Krillin basically throughout the series. You just think Krillin would be stronger just because Tien is never around but in actually he is not around because he is the only human character to never stop training. Just looking at his feats of delaying Cell and he managed to deflect an attack by Gotenks and Piccolo Super Buu. Krillin has nothing that even compares.

Also the last comment on Krillin strength is during Resurrection of F when 18 states that Krillin is much weaker than her. I would put Tien roughly in the same ball park as 18 when he held off semi-perfect Cell. As 18 witness that feat and if she was able to put out an attack of the magnitude with her infinite energy reserves she would have. Tien clearly got an upgrade in power in the Buu saga. If he is actually stronger than 18 or not I don't know. But I don't think he would be classified as much weaker than her like Kirllin. She would only be stronger due to the android advantage would be my guess.

But Toriyama has flipped flopped on this issue a bunch of times over the years as he is wont to do about everything. But the main reason behind his flip flopping seems to be if or if not Tien counts as a human. Tien is confirmed to be a decedent of a three eye clan who Toriyama can't decide if they are earthlings or in fact aliens.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I remember as a kid waiting for Yamcha to do something cool because he looked like a badass with the scar. He never did anything cool :(

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a crush on Yamcha when I was little :(

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OurSin_360

@ryuku_ryosake said:

@undeadpool: @oursin_360: @bbalpert: *Pushed up glasses* Actually Tien remained stronger than Krillin basically throughout the series. You just think Krillin would be stronger just because Tien is never around but in actually he is not around because he is the only human character to never stop training. Just looking at his feats of delaying Cell and he managed to deflect an attack by Gotenks and Piccolo Super Buu. Krillin has nothing that even compares.

Also the last comment on Krillin strength is during Resurrection of F when 18 states that Krillin is much weaker than her. I would put Tien roughly in the same ball park as 18 when he held off semi-perfect Cell. As 18 witness that feat and if she was able to put out an attack of the magnitude with her infinite energy reserves she would have. Tien clearly got an upgrade in power in the Buu saga. If he is actually stronger than 18 or not I don't know. But I don't think he would be classified as much weaker than her like Kirllin. She would only be stronger due to the android advantage would be my guess.

But Toriyama has flipped flopped on this issue a bunch of times over the years as he is wont to do about everything. But the main reason behind his flip flopping seems to be if or if not Tien counts as a human. Tien is confirmed to be a decedent of a three eye clan who Toriyama can't decide if they are earthlings or in fact aliens.

Honestly i haven't kept up with the new stuff, I need to watch Resurrection and DB super. I'm not sure if i count 18 as human either since she was transformed from an android. Also never sure if tien and choatzu are human, but I don't think his tri beam attack makes him stronger than krillin honestly. If you go by that then goku was stronger than radditz when they fought, but it was more so a concentration of all his Ki rather than him being actually stronger. I just wish they kept the Z fighters relevant honsetly, they all became fodder besides saiyans. Even piccolo could barely keep up by the end ;-(

Also Solar Flare is up there with Destructo disk IMO

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I voted Yamcha before I read the thread. I thought the question was who's worst.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I wasn't counting 18 as human just as a good reference point to compare the two power wise. Since Tien and 18 fought the same opponent at roughly the same time. 18 power most likely hasn't changed at all over time. Since she compared herself to Krillin that makes her the perfect measuring stick.

The only technique that doesn't matter when comparing characters is the Spirit Bomb since that borrows power from others. The whole point of the Saiyan and Freeza sagas was that technique trumps raw power in terms a real strength. Momentary power ups were the Z fighters whole deal and why scouters were useless in determining the outcome of a fight.

In terms of technique Krillin knows the Kamehaha the go to energy attack. It is questionable on if the Tri Beam attack is actually any stronger than a Kamehaha. Cell knew all of the attacks but he never used the Tri Beam attack. If it was that much more powerful he would have. Even if it was a question of efficiency Cell also never ran out of energy like the Androids so wouldn't even be an issue,

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Krillin is waaay stronger than Yamcha. He looks weak in comparison to the rest of the characters in the show. Take the Saiyans and other aliens away and he is probably the most powerful person on Earth by a huge margin.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Krillin is the better character and the better fighter when all is said and done. I never hated Yamcha, but ultimately, he was just kind of lame. I also thought Krillin was kind of lame too in my youth, but now I see him for what he is: the strongest human character in the (DBZ) universe.

Also, because I always liked this parody of DragonBall Z and it seems on-topic with the "Yamcha is kind of a loser" talk...

Loading Video...

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By beforet

Krillin cut Frieza's tail off and then boned a robot he's a cool dude.

Yamacha was a dork and I cannot remember a single thing he did in Z.

Krillin wins.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think everytime a new Dragonball Game comes out this question always pops up, and Krillin is always a subject.

The GB members that made this video, are clearly confused on who dies a lot and who doesnt. Yes Krillin dies 3 times but thats it. The first is during the Piccolo Daimyo but everyone dies on that arc except tien and goku. The second ,everyone clearly remembers, its against Frieza. And the last one its when he tries to hold off Buu so that 18 can escape with their kid, and he did that clearly knowing that buu already defeated Gotenks, Goku, Vegeta, etc...

In conclusion Krillin is Goku's Best friend, twice he died to powerup goku over the limit, and the last time he died protecting his family. So in SUM he is the best human z-fighter.

As for Yamcha, who cares...... he is the lone wolf, and he remained the lone wolf FOREVER

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Are we talking Dragonball Z only? Yamcha is kind of a Dragonball character more than a DBZ character. Krillin is by far the more well-developed, sympathetic, and interesting one to watch in DBZ (and arguably DB as well).

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@ryuku_ryosake said:

Honestly i haven't kept up with the new stuff, I need to watch Resurrection and DB super. I'm not sure if i count 18 as human either since she was transformed from an android. Also never sure if tien and choatzu are human, but I don't think his tri beam attack makes him stronger than krillin honestly. If you go by that then goku was stronger than radditz when they fought, but it was more so a concentration of all his Ki rather than him being actually stronger. I just wish they kept the Z fighters relevant honsetly, they all became fodder besides saiyans. Even piccolo could barely keep up by the end ;-(

Also Solar Flare is up there with Destructo disk IMO

Did you see Battle of Gods? Cause it's also quite good. But Resurrection F is ONE of my FAVORITE pieces of DBZ media ever and, in my opinion, the best movie they've ever done. How Freeza comes back is PERFECT, the animation is gorgeous, it's funny and there are TONS of wonderful fanboy moments.

THAT being said, @ryuku_ryosake: first of all, THANK you for adjusting those glasses, it was driving me CRAZY. And while Tien was, and frequently is, on my mind: I still think based on Resurrection F that Krillin takes it. 18 not getting to fight is the ONLY part of that movie I legit don't like cause how COOL would it have been to see her right there on the FRONTLINES?? Have Videl look after your stupid, weird baby and have HUSBAND AND WIFE fight side-by-side!

That aside, I do think Tien probably surpasses him as, you're right, he never stops training. Krillin becomes a family man and a cop, but Tien just keeps going...also: how great is it that there's a line where he says "Yeah, Yamcho and Choatzu ain't showing up, this is REAL..." And I also agree that I wish the show hadn't become The Saiyan Show by the Freeza Saga. Piccolo's always been #1 in my heart...

ALSO *pushes up glasses of my own* 'Android' seems to be a bad translation: 17 and 18 are humans who were abducted and experimented on by Gero, having mechanical parts added to their biological forms. They are cyborgs, not androids.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@oursin_360: I wasn't counting 18 as human just as a good reference point to compare the two power wise. Since Tien and 18 fought the same opponent at roughly the same time. 18 power most likely hasn't changed at all over time. Since she compared herself to Krillin that makes her the perfect measuring stick.

The only technique that doesn't matter when comparing characters is the Spirit Bomb since that borrows power from others. The whole point of the Saiyan and Freeza sagas was that technique trumps raw power in terms a real strength. Momentary power ups were the Z fighters whole deal and why scouters were useless in determining the outcome of a fight.

In terms of technique Krillin knows the Kamehaha the go to energy attack. It is questionable on if the Tri Beam attack is actually any stronger than a Kamehaha. Cell knew all of the attacks but he never used the Tri Beam attack. If it was that much more powerful he would have. Even if it was a question of efficiency Cell also never ran out of energy like the Androids so wouldn't even be an issue,

The thing is, the Tri Beam attack uses the life energy of the user in order to be used, as opposed to ki. The attack did no damage to semi-perfect Cell but Tien was essentially putting his entire life force into each attack in order to hold Cell at bay. That was the reason Goku was so worked up; Tien was killing himself with each attack so that Android 18 could get away.

I think overall by the end of the Majin Buu saga, Krillin (or Kuririn) was probably the strongest male Earthling in the series. However, his turn to family man and providing for his family likely led to a decrease in the amount of training he does, allowing Tien to overtake him by the time the "epilogue" of Z rolls around or by the time Super starts (basically a similar reason as to why Vegeta eventually overtakes Gohan in strength).

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By OurSin_360

@undeadpool: battle of the gods was the last thing i saw and i watched 5 episodes or so of super but stopped since it seemed like it was just that again.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both these options pale in comparison to Mr. Satan, Earth's Mightiest Hero!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By OurSin_360

Ok just watched Ressurection and I have to say it's probably the best dragonball movie of all time. I do hate how they retconned Gohan's strength though, he shouldn't even need to got super saiyan regardless of training. :-(

edit: also LOL @tien not even bothering to get yamcha since he was too weak to fight fodder. :-)

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gut told me vote yamcha but reading this thread... I might have made a mistake. I just remembered the frequency of krillin dying in the series.

We can all agree that chiaotzu is the worst, though

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yamcha is a little bitch so Krillin wins by default.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@undeadpool: battle of the gods was the last thing i saw and i watched 5 episodes or so of super but stopped since it seemed like it was just that again.

I've heard the first chunk of Super pretty much just recaps the two movies. Battle of Gods was a ton of fun, but I think Resurrection F is a better overall DBZ movie.

jmlamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted Krillin but I do have respect for Yamcha's sweet baseball skills.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By LiquidPrince

Krillin is considered the strongest human in the Dragon Ball universe, competing with Tien, so the answers kind of obvious.

bloogsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignoring the crappiness of the costume (UK uni student parties don't set a high bar for attention to detail), my vote was cast long ago:

No Caption Provided
nuworldblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By nuworldblue

Krillin is way stronger.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#84  Edited By s-a-n-JR

#imwithkamehamehar

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I will say one thing in Yamcha's defense. The kanji other characters wear all either say something serious ("descendant", "wisdom", "demon", etc.) or whatever their name is based on ("rice", "ox", "turtle", etc.).

The kanji on Yamcha's outfit says "comfort"/"relaxation". In a world where all the other fighters are heavy duty trucks, muscle cars, and nitro-fueled drag racers, Yamcha is a fucking Cadillac and I can respect that.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By hassun

Krillin is far more successful and effective than Yamcha.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Krillin because the same japanese voice actress does Monkey D. Luffy's voice in One Piece so I can't not hear Luffy's voice whenever he talks.

Also he married a hot android waifu...

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so is DB Super any good? I only caught the first two episodes.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poveren: Id say super is starting to get pretty fun. But if you have seen the last 2 movies, you can completely skip the alot of the first episodes and go right to the tournament.

mgray5159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krillin's name is better.

bertrecht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Krillin is a pretty cool guy. He throws destructo discs and doesn't afraid of anything.

M317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By M317

Krillin gets my vote, the destructo discs did some damage to frieza.

geddoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIEN STRONKEST HUMAN

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I think Krillin is the better choice. He's always been a coward, but he's always shown the capacity to overcome that fear and do what's right. Yamcha, towards the end of DBZ, never really did that. In fact, he started getting more and more cowardly. Even Tien, whom had WAY LESS screentime than Yamcha during the Cell Saga, still did what he could to help out. Yamcha slacked off in his training and was just a liability. I miss Dragonball Yamcha. Felt like there was a better character there.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Krillin has a half-Android kid.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Guys this is amazing.

http://kotaku.com/one-of-dragon-balls-most-famous-memes-returns-1789992728

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanj said:

Guys this is amazing.

http://kotaku.com/one-of-dragon-balls-most-famous-memes-returns-1789992728

I started watching super because of this thread, and man they went savage on Yamcha last episode lmao.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need to table this 'Krillin is the strongest human' talk; Gohan had that shit on lock down before he even hit puberty.

Orexis97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Orexis97