FighterZ Pass Speculation - What characters would you want to see?

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Edited By Hamst3r

Poll FighterZ Pass Speculation - What characters would you want to see? (190 votes)

Kid Goku (w/ Power Pole, Nimbus, and Great Ape form) 23%
Master Roshi (w/ Jackie Chun costume) 36%
Mr.Satan (w/ Videl) 42%
Oolong (w/ Puar) 4%
Whis / Vados 10%
King Piccolo / Kami 9%
Zeno 1%
Mercenary Tao 9%
King Vegeta 5%
Bardock 15%
Doctor Gero 9%
Jaco 5%
Omega Shenron 3%
Broly 31%
Raditz 20%
Mr.Popo 14%
Arale (w/ Gatchan) 4%
Pikkon 8%
Bulma (w/ an endless array of things in capsules) 24%
Jiren 15%
Vegito / Gogeta 30%
Super Buu (Evil Buu) 17%
Kefla 18%
Janemba 9%
Dabura 11%
Taipon 2%
Magetta 3%
Pilaf Machine 2%
Dr.Wheelo 2%
Monster Carrot (w/ Rabbit Mob) 5%
Garlic Jr. and the Spice Boys 8%
Goz and Mez 1%
There are too many Dragon Ball characters 14%
JUST ADD EVERYONE. EVERYONE! 22%

According to the Dragon Ball Wikia, the Dragon Ball FighterZ roster includes:

SaiyansVillainsOther Z Fighters
Goku (Adult)Android 16Krillin
Gohan (Adult, Teen)Android 18 (w/ Android 17)Piccolo
Goku BlackBeerusTien Shinhan (w/ Chiaotzu)

Gotenks

Captain Ginyu (w/ Ginyu Force)Yamcha
TrunksFrieza
VegetaCell (Perfect Form)
Nappa

Hit

Buu (Majin, Kid)

Android 21 (new character)

In addition to those, the FighterZ Pass in supposed to add 8 more characters. What characters would you want to see in it?

I've listed a bunch in the poll, but of course that's nowhere near all of them. Sure some of them aren't exactly 10x SSB level, but they've got Yamcha in there, so I don't think that's a problem. I'm all for a Monster Carrot vs. Kid Goku fight.

• 
Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I voted for Broly, Jiren and Kefla. And now I await the inevitable Broly DLC.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Videl.

I don't care that basically her big fight is her getting rocked by Spopovich, she can still go. I also wouldn't mind some movie characters. Not Broly though, he sucks.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My only exposure to Arale is that one episode of Super she shows up on, but she seems like a silly character that might be interesting.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid Goku gets my pick. The little guy kicks the crap out of his adult self ^_^

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Tapion!

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was gonna say Monster Carrot, thinking he wouldn't be mentioned, but then he was.

Hell yeah, dude.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teddie

I mostly want to see characters they'll never actually do. Roshi could be fun, Mr Satan would be hilarious if they had the characters react appropriately to him (aka too much work), and if they wanted to dig into Dragon Ball characters, Mercenary Tao with pillar-tech would be amazing. Oh and Launch would be a nice surprise, if only because she got such a raw deal (and because the roster is a goddamn sausage-fest).

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By liquiddragon

Maybe Pan?

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone said Goku?

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By afabs515
No Caption Provided

It's criminal that they haven't added the Champ yet.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Roster needs more ladies. Gimme Launch, Future Mai, Caulifla, and Kale.

Also voted for Roshi because, however improbable, Super brought him out of retirement and his arc has worked for me. Also Raditz. I dunno why. Got a soft spot for that dope.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geese Howard.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OurSin_360

King piccolo/kame

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Is it weird that I have an irrational desire to not see any Super characters in here? I have seen bits and pieces of some of the tournament arc in Super and all of those characters look so fucking lame. Even GT characters were cooler than that Jiren motherfucker.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I want Mr Satan to basically be the Dan of the game. Give me that, and I don't really care how many other Saiyans you have to stack the roster with.

But seriously, I would be willing to put money on Broly being one of them.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Zarbon and Raditz

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr.Satan (w/ Videl)

Don't get me wrong, I do want to see the champ in all his glory.

But you can't contain Videl to a support role. By far my biggest disappointment with Buu Saga/Super is that they dropped the ball with Videl after setting her up as such an interesting character.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrfluke

You kinda have to add Mr Satan in there somehow

Never understand the love for Broly other than him being the hulk of DB , but yea sure why not, (gotta imagine there’s extra work with specifically him since he would have a lot of the “dramatic moments” as well)

Voted for Jiren and kefla but I’m gonna assume that won’t happen for a while since they would need English actors for the English track.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tao Pai Pai and Launch have been my requests even since before this game had a roster.

And more original/early Dragon Ball characters in general and fewer from DBZ/Super.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Fusion Zamasu - Intro sequence is the fusion and then undergoes the mutation at half HP.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with Broly, Bulma, and Roshi. I really like the idea of Bulma as a Tron Bonne-style character with capsules.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tao Pai Pai hands down. Just LOOK AT HIM

No Caption Provided

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I mostly just want master Roshi and besides that more female characters.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea they are very lacking for the ladies, so I went Bulma (Bulma in a mech hurling capsules and things sounds fun) and king Vegeta bc facial hair and capes. I'm sure at least 2 of those slots are the new instinct versions of Goku and Vegeta btw

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it weird that I have an irrational desire to not see any Super characters in here? I have seen bits and pieces of some of the tournament arc in Super and all of those characters look so fucking lame. Even GT characters were cooler than that Jiren motherfucker.

I really like Super, but I agree. Apart from Hit and Black, who are both in the base game, there's no one else I want in there except maybe Kefla. Jiren is one of the most boring looking characters I've ever seen; really don't understand the fan love.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caulifla without the fusion, would be cool with some more female fighters. Roshi would be cool too!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#28  Edited By jacksukeru

Hell yeah Monster Carrot!

Regardless of what I'm about to say I frikkin' dare them to put this suave-ass motherfucker in the game!
Regardless of what I'm about to say I frikkin' dare them to put this suave-ass motherfucker in the game!

My serious answer is probably a bit boring for some. As much as I like Mr. Satan I don't really want him as a playable joke character when there's so many other's I'd pick over him. Though it'd be a shame if he wasn't in the game at all, I suppose. I feel the same way about other characters that don't traditionally fight (Bulma) and those that didn't fight in Z (Roshi).

I've gone over the main arcs of Z in my head and I feel like most of the interesting choices are already represented. Some fairly prominent characters I can think of from the first two arcs that I still don't think rate for inclusion is Raditz as well as Zarbon & Dodoria. I just don't think any of them are interesting enough when you're not trying to retell the story of the series in the game.

Now Dr. Gero from the Cell Saga, preferably accompanied by Android 19, I do think would be a cool pick. His design stands out a lot, and his ability to absorb energy blasts or life from other characters could make for a unique gameplay gimmick.

Moving on to the Buu Saga, Gotenks is already an infinitely more interesting character than Kid Trunks and Goten on their own, so putting them in feels excessive. Some people like Dabura, but he's always seemed like a chump to me. Should they decide to put him in I'd understand, though. I suspect that the developers agree with me that 2 Buus is enough, as Kid Buu has some of Super Buu's moves, so I wouldn't bring him up. Him and Kid Buu is more of the same person than Kid Buu and Fat Buu anyhow.

That leaves only Vegito, whom I think absolutely rates and should be put into the game as soon as possible. He's got a cool outfit with pretty earings and a hand beamsword. They could even make him go Blue if they wanted to associate him more with Super.

I don't really care about many of the Movie characters including the other non-canon fusion Gogeta. Cooler kind of lost a lot of his luster for me too once Freiza was back. I have a soft spot for Sayian-armor-bandana-Goku, AKA Bardock, though. I'd like them to put him in if they could. I also understand that a lot of people are super into Broly, and while I always thought he was born from the dumbest trend in Dragon Ball character design (just stack on as much muscle and spiky yellow hair as you can) I feel like he's become "iconic" enough that his huge, dumb self should be on the shortlist of characters to add when choosing from the greater series lore.

I mean, I'd personally rather see the slimmed down, yet pumped up Kale from Super represent with legendary super sayian power, but seeing as Broly was the original that would still feel somewhat wrong to pick her over him.

Speaking of Super, any and all Universe 6 saiyans they are willing to put into the game I'm on board with. Cabba? Yeah put that skinny mf in it! Have him use Galick Gun and his weird foot beams! Caulifla? Hell yeah! Though aside from being a cool-ass sis and having a single named move, Crush Cannon, she sadly doesn't have much going for her at the moment in terms of a unique identity. Kale I've already mentioned. I'm a big fan of her "in control" form, it makes me wish Broly had one too. Kefla eats Cauliflas lunch a bit i feel. She's got her cocky attitude along with the thing Caulifla herself lacks...a bunch of sweet, original moves. I'd hate for her to steal the spotlight completely from the Saiyans she's made up of, but she seems like a strong candidate for being included in the DLC if they wanted to have more Super characters.

Lastly, I do like Jiren. I was on board with his design of being a mega-buff alien gray in a super hero spandex suit from the start. His reticence when it comes to both identity in fighting style and personality until fairly recently has made it kind of hard to stay a fan however. I hope we do end up seeing him emote more. Right now he's still just a super serious monk dude who has shown shades of being incensed at Hit's Assassin's Pride and Vegetas arrogant fighting. Regardless, I believe there's enough material to spin off of at this point for them to make a decent fighting game character. Between his flurry of punches, weird eye power and that thing he does where he holds a ball of energy right up to someone before blasting them away.

tl,dr: Dr. Gero, Vegito, Bardock, Broly, all U6 Saiyans and Jiren.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By BBAlpert

I honestly cannot see them acknowledging the existence of Mr. Popo any more than absolutely necessary. I haven't seen any of the new stuff, so maybe I'm completely wrong, but I'd imagine they would rather prefer folks just quietly forget that he was ever a character.

edit: Also, I'm going to go with my standard "what character should they add to [fighting game]?" answer and say Scorpion

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a really hard time thinking of more characters I actually care about that aren't in the game already. The developers have ruled out characters that are only in the original Dragonball(I think they've specifically said no to kid Goku and Tao Paipai), so those are all out.

Raditz, Zarbon, Dodoria, Dr. Gero, Android 19, Dabura and Babidi are all in that "early on in the arc- opponent" ghettto, but given the choice between them, I think Babidi is the most fun and unique.

I could live with some of the movie villains, though almost all of them are very... filler. Fake Frieza, Fake Buu, you know the drill. I'd probably Pick Broly, Janemba and Cooler.

If I had to pick another Super character, do AU Lady Broly just so we can have one more chick.

Rumors are saying they're picking Raditz, Bardock and Broly, right? I think those are kinda dull picks, but I dunno what you're gonna do if forced to pick from the rest of these guys.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Hopefully some Dragon Ball characters get in. I know it is a DBZ centric game but since it's a damn fighting game and also DB Super is there from the start, that shouldn't be a stretch.

oh yeah The Great Saiya Man, he was a separate character from Gohan in most games and could be an awesome joke-ish character.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see...

• I wouldn't mind seeing Zangya from the Bojack movie making an appearance, to round out the female cast.
  • Speaking of female characters, Caulifla could be good, with her Supers involving Kale in some form.
  • An android slot: the easiest would be 17, since he's already part of 18's move set, but Dr. Gero would be the more interesting choice, mechanics wise.
  • Someone from the Frieza army, Zarbon or Dodoria.
  • Imperfect Cell?
  • Dabura.
  • Emperor Pilaf / The Pilaf Gang. All three of them.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mr Satan easily is my first choice. There's a few ways you could justify him being able to go up against these other characters. Like them pretending to be hurt by him, or just having every fight he's in be a delusional dream fantasy he's having in his head. If you go for the latter you could even give him his Super Satan thing as some kinda super move.

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Redhotchilimist

In terms of joke characters, I'd be kinda preferential to Arale. She's a crossover chick, but she fits the style since it's from a manga by the same creator. She's got a body shape and design that no other fighter shares. I definitely like her more than Saiyaman or Satan.

@thechris said:

@redhotchilimist: Tao does appear in DBZ too.

In like, one filler episode. And Kid Goku is in GT. I'm expecting they mean characters that primarily operated in the arcs before the saiyan invasion. I suppose it's reasonable, they don't have the abilities that all of their other characters share. I mentioned Arale above, but I'm not sure if they wouldn't count her among those DB characters too even though she appeared in Super.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: If they can include movie villains in Dragon Ball games they can include Mercenary Tao too.

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thechris said:

@redhotchilimist: If they can include movie villains in Dragon Ball games they can include Mercenary Tao too.

Look man I don't make the rules

Can you tell us one character that definitely won’t be in the game?

[Laughs] One that defiantly won’t be in the game… we’re not going to have Taopaipai in the game.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/23/dragon-ball-fighterz-producer-creating-core-fighting-game-character-variety/#DiKxMufbrkP3ifMi.99

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aristotled

This poll is bogus.

Where is Chi Chi

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Like, any girls

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By holycrapitsadam

So there’s are supposed to be 8 DLC characters. My list would be...

Jiren

Kefla

Pikkon

Mr. Satan

Chi-Chi or Bulma or both tag team style

Master Roshi

Broly

Cooler

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Here's who I think/hope will turn up as DLC:

Master Roshi

Jiren

Kefla

Ribrianne

New Goku form

Bardock

Vegito

Whis/Vados

I didn't realise how Super heavy this list was gonna be but I think they'd be cool characters in FighterZ.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Scottjay01

Ok 8 character ( full season pass whislist)

1. Raditz ( Piccolo dramatic finish Makankosappo If Goku is in the party he grabs on to Raditzs)

2. Super Majin Boo ( Able to absorb Gotenks, Piccolo & Ultimate Gohan, Dramatic finish for Vegito he turns him into candy....then get hit)

3.Vegito (He can activate SSJ Blue like Freezas Golden form works otherwise he is in regular SSJ state for normal gameplay)

4. Base Goku (Kaio Gi, Can use Kaio Ken upto x20, Dramatic Finish Against Vegeta Kamehameha v Galack ho Beam Clash)

5.Base Vegeta (Saiyan Armor to work with goku ^, Can transform into oozaru for a limited time)

6.Coola (with armored squad support. Dramatic finish Blast to the sun when losing to goku, Special opening shoots piccolo in front of Goku, when in the opposite team)

7.Broly

8. Jiren (Because super fans would go crazy if the dlc was just the original series :( )

If I could have more I'd want :
Teen/kid gohan (pre room of space and time)
Babidi (Can summon Dabra, Pui Pui Or Yakkon per fight)
Janemba
Gogeta
Dodoria & Zarbon
Mr Satan
Bojack
& Roshi with Jackie Chun skin alt

More Importantly DLC Skins are what I want!!
Tenshinhan (Shirtless with Green Pants, Why did they use that crappy freeza outfit)

Trunks Movie 9 ( Long hair, Sleeveless Denim Jacket)

Yamucha Baseball outfit (yellow)

SSJ Goku Casual outfit (10 days to cell games)

Piccolo Casual outfit (Goku and Piccolo learn to drive episode 125)

Ultimate Gohan Piccolo Gi and Shoes (Dragon ball Super Manga)

Ultimate Gohan Saiyaman outfit

Kuririn Boo outfit with hair.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Roshi is the right answer. Also, King Kai, and Korin.

No Caption Provided

Sevith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broly and Bardock are probably locks. I'd be shocked if those two weren't added. As far as who I'd personally want to see, my top pick would definitely be Janemba.