Dragon Quest Builders, Lets talk about it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Okay I remember hearing about this game for like a second at some point but I just saw that there is a demo for it in the Japanese PSN Store. I downloaded it. I'm playing it. So far I've used some blocks of dirt to get out of a tutorial area and crafted a stick into a bat which I am now using to bop slimes to death. I'm kinda liking this. I always liked minecraft alot but I like DQ alot more and this game seems to be more DQ than minecraft.

I'm gonna keep playing until the demo ends. Everything is in Japanese and there is alot of dialogue so I don't really know whats going on.

1:Bopping a Slime 2&3:Before and after placing blocks of dirt 4:you have a base camp

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have piqued my interest in the game. I am a big enough of a DQ fan to put up with DQ: Heroes so the whole concept of DQ Minecraft seems kinda appealing. I am not the biggest Minecraft fan, but this game is made by the Etrian Odyssea director, so I will give it a look when it comes over.

Gaminggumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah I've been watching streams of the game. It solves the main issue I have with Minecraft, in that there is a real quest progression. I'd added some Mechanics descriptions to the Wiki, but they were denied. (First real add so not sure the etiquette) There's even a bit of Animal Crossing baked in when it comes to managing the design of the town.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It deserves a quicklook. East-side? No problem to use a translation app to figure out things when stuck but:

Tutorial:

Pick up flowers, make into healing salve, use
Get stick, make sharper stick
Chop blocks and build yourself a path out of the tomb
Go to where the game points you and drop the flag

Villager 1:

Seal the building by making all walls two blocks high minimum (remember this for future building)
Make torches and put one inside of that house
Make two bedrolls, look for thicker branches of growth on the ground for material, plant the bedrolls in there
Gather peachy things west and northwest of the camp
Craft a chest, smash the twigs on the ground for material
Clear an area for the blueprint and place it on the ground, kill slims for bonfire material
Smash workbench to pick it up and place it inside with a bonfire and a chest and it's done

Villager 2:

V1 now has you follow a Q marker that leads you to Villager2, no problem doing that and guiding him back
Get a total of five feathers from the firebreathing birds, follow Q marker, craft the item and give it to V2
V1 next wants a cooking rack, craft and drop it in a building, deliver quest
V2 wants three sticks of goodness, grab three mushrooms from the coastline west, cook and deliver
Expand and build the camp (remember to seal with a door and have a campfire or torch or cooking rack inside) until lv2

Demo endgame:

Crossed Swords icon marks the next quest, club & medicine recommended, five simple enemies to defeat
Talk to V2 afterwards, craft the teleporter pad you got and turn it in, greet the new villager
The demo content is over here, final mission is to craft the hammer which you cannot
Enter the teleporter and it's thanks for your time, but you can continue in the demo
Explore, encounter freaky trees and poison water, fight a Dragon like you're a lv1 taking on a Dragon in Dark Souls

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zefpunk

I have watched many Japanese people stream this game. I only possess a tertiary interest in both Minecraft and Dragon's Quest. Still though, this game looks awesome.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would they dare localize it for the west? Sales came in not long ago and it needs to get here, DQ always puts a smile on my face + that music that feels so nice

01./00. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo # <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥5.980) - 178.016 / NEW
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥7.800) - 141.369 / NEW
04./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥6.800) - 53.154 / NEW

Total - 372.539

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jpon87

I am so excited for this game! If Squenix doesn't announce a localization at E3 I'm importing it. I enjoy Minecraft and have always loved Dragon Quest so this is a merger I couldn't imagine but can't wait for!

cbirdsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Does this have any multiplayer, like Minecraft does?

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already announced localization! It's coming in October I believe! I've been following the game since the Japanese announcement and really excited about it. Looking forward to playing it in English!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@jpon87: me too man, this game looks like it could be really neat.

I really like the conceit of rebuilding the world after it had been destroyed in Dragon Quest 1

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so happy this is being localized I had a ton of fun with the Japanese demo!

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jpon87

I'm happy to hear Jeff liked it on their sealed envelope podcast too!