bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bill_mcneal

...as well as another PC port for some reason

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/23/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-remaster-coming-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

"In celebration of its 5th anniversary, Dragon's Dogma's Dark Arisen edition is being ported to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

A tweet from Japanese magazine Famitsu revealed the return of Capcom's popular action RPG to console following a relaunch last year on PC.

The port is slated to release in Japan during fall this year and a tweet from the English-language Dragon's Dogma Twitter account implies we'll get a western release too."

Good news for me at least. Even though I got it through a humble bundle, my PC is too old and decrepit to play that (or at least not catch on fire if I try to play it)

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Cool, hopefully enough people will buy this, so we can finally get a sequel.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Just make a new one already.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zeik

@bill_mcneal: I think the PC port is Japan only, since they didn't get the last one. (Might be remembering that wrong though.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, since I wanted to play this again, but I don't own a proper PC anymore. Hopefully the price is reasonable.

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Just heard about this and I'm so excited. It's one of the few remasters I actually really wanted from last gen.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sweet. As far as I'm concerned that's the only medieval fantasy rpg that needs to exist. The pc port is already pretty good though. It ran somewhat playable on my old ass (2011) laptop and it runs flawlessly on my current one, looking surprisingly gorgeous at times for a five year old console game.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually been wanting this pretty bad, so this is a thing I have a strong chance of buying.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first time with this game was with Dark Arisen on PS3. I went through the whole main story and really enjoyed it, but never got too deep into the Bitterblack Isle content. I've always wanted to replay it, so, sure, I'll pick this up. This game still has one of the better character creators in an RPG.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In celebration of its 5th anniversary

And just as many releases.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen was my favorite PC game of 2016. Such a unique one-off thing by Capcom. I can safely say I haven't experienced another Action RPG quite like it.

I'm bummed that we never got and probably never will get Dragon's Dogma Online over here. Microtransactions aside it looks really cool.

Avatar image for crsadrnoremorse
CrsadrNoRemorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is cool and all, but where is the sequel that improves the sluggish parts of the first game? Isn't that kind of what most people want from DD at this point?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Hey Capcom, this is nice and all, but you should consider making Dragon's Dogma 2 already.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teddie

I would've bought this if I didn't get the PC version already and play it extensively. I don't think I could gain anything from another playthrough of the same game so soon after that, especially when I already hit my peak with the character creator.

Make a sequel already.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing the MMO off and on for a while, for anyone wanting more of that combat the MMO is literally just that. Hell some of the animations are exactly the same, just more monsters, new spells and abilities, more grinding, more VPN workarounds to play it, and more classes

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I played the original (as in, non-Dark Arisen) release on the 360 a while back. It seems a common critique is the so-called blandness of the world and NPCs, but that never really bothered me. I also really liked the fact that fast travel wasn't really a thing... the back-and-forth treks up and down the map had an almost meditative quality to me. Some sections were fairly difficult for so, but overall it was a really chill game and fun to kick back with. I've been thinking about getting DD:DA for another playthrough with all the content, so I'll definitely be picking this up.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's worth releasing this game again why isn't it worth giving us Dragon's Dogma Online?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's worth releasing this game again why isn't it worth giving us Dragon's Dogma Online?

Supporting a game like that is a much more long term investment than a one and done port.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back that B'z song and I'll buy that damn game again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope they have the berserk armour in this version.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By TheHT

Wonder if they'll bring it over. Wonder if it'll be letterboxed as well.

I played a lot of Dragon's Dogma on PS3 but never actually got around to the Dark Arisen content, so maybe I'll check this out. Especially if it's in lieu of a sequel or localization of DDO. :\

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@bill_mcneal said:

...as well as another PC port for some reason

Its not another PC port. they are just unlocking the Steam version for Japan. Japan cant buy it currently.

If it's worth releasing this game again why isn't it worth giving us Dragon's Dogma Online?'

The game is awesome and it ran like shit on console. Specially if you where a Magic Knight or w/e that class was called. I tanked the frame rate constantly playing through that game.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Goddamit just make a sequel already!

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may actually be tempted to play this again because that combat was sweet as.