• 187 results
Avatar image for whiterabbit_obj
#101 Posted by whiterabbit_obj (6 posts) -

Demon Souls next please !!!

#102 Posted by gravytrain (285 posts) -

@arbitrarywater: I consider the controls by far the biggest problem. To me they felt extremely frustrating. Just super loose and climbing was absolutely brutal.

#103 Posted by FacelessVixen (2613 posts) -

Sure. I'll sink 100 hours into this again with a better frame rate.

#104 Posted by JosephKnows (479 posts) -

This is a good game with some really interesting ideas, but the flaws don't just lie with the framerate in the console version. So easy to miss a lot of quests, and traveling, even with the ferrystones, is just such a chore. You should all play it anyway if you're even halfway interested. The combat is pretty much all this game really has, but it's absolutely superb. Well, the story does get kinda interesting, but only at the very end!

Avatar image for dayoneadvantage
#106 Posted by DayOneAdvantage (117 posts) -

$29.99 sounds good if the port isn't complete and total shit like Dead Rising 3 PC was.

Capcom is the worst big-name company when it comes to PC. I usually buy games I am interested in day one, but I will take a VERY cautious approach to anything the bring out on PC after DR3's debacle.

#107 Posted by Lab392 (491 posts) -

I just want Dragon's Dogma 2. I'm worried that Online's free to play-ness and general MMO-ness will ruin the series' charm.

#108 Posted by RichyHahn4 (306 posts) -

I've always meant to pick this up on 360...

#109 Posted by astrophyle (398 posts) -

Wow, I loved Dragon's Dogma on PS3. I would love an excuse to play this again. It was really surprising how good this game was given that everyone except Patrick at GB dismissed it as being bad. It was the classic symptom of, "I never played it, but so-and-so didn't get into it, so it must be bad." I'm glad Austin is here exemplifying sanity to the masses.

#110 Posted by PillClinton (3603 posts) -

Finally! Now let's just hope the port isn't utter dog shit.

#111 Posted by Kobogartimer (2 posts) -

If the frame rate is capped at 30 I quit video games.

#112 Edited by spazmaster666 (2114 posts) -

Oh SHIT, this is awesome news. I played Dark Arisen on PS3 and it ended up being one of my favorite gaming experiences ever on the PS3. The game is by no means perfect but it just hit some sort of sweet spot for me in terms of combat, exploration, loot, and story. Can't wait to play on the PC. I just hope it won't be locked at 30 fps at 1080p. Though given this is Capcom, they have a lot of PC port experience so I have decent hopes that it will turn out to be a good port.

#113 Posted by mindgarden418 (102 posts) -

THE BEST NEWS

#114 Posted by flasaltine (2546 posts) -

Fucking finally. Now I dont have to play the game at 18fps.

#115 Edited by Elwoodan (1064 posts) -

everyone should play this, the ending is a GODDAMN TRIP.

#116 Posted by Jpensive (76 posts) -

Thank fucking god i played a shitton of DD on xbox even through the horrid fps drops. All roads lead to Gran Soren!

#117 Posted by NZV (140 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma is one of my top 5 games of all time. I've always been willing to forgive some jankiness if a game does something really special, and DD is very much that sort of thing. Some of the worst aspects of the console release were due to technical limitations. Oftentimes terrible framerate and the most horrendous pop-in I have ever seen. If a PC version can fix those issues this will be incredible.

#118 Posted by mantonminnick (38 posts) -

they're masterworks all

#119 Posted by Skewers (73 posts) -

Super excited to play this game again. Incredible that it's coming out on PC after all this time.

#120 Edited by winsord (1634 posts) -

I absolutely adored Dragon's Dogma, and DDO is worth checking out for the sake of quelling some curiosity, but not to play seriously (at least, I found it too hard to deal with the language barrier to get too into it). I went into Dragon's Dogma having not known anything about it, then playing the demo the day before release and really enjoying it, to buying the game on launch day and beating it three times in the first couple of months following its release.

It has its issues, but it did some really unique and surprising things, and I'm really glad more people will get a chance to check it out soon. I'm hoping it does as well as Valkyria Chronicles managed to when it hit the PC late last year.

@dayoneadvantage: It was built on the MT framework, and the other MT ports have turned out quite well so far, so hopefully this will be good too. Also, I'd argue that WB has earned itself a worse reputation at this point than Capcom had during the GFWL days.

#121 Posted by CilliaBlack (42 posts) -

I'm probably one of the few people who never understand why people wanted multiplayer for this. It's one of my all time favorite weird Japanese-as-heck video games, but nothing about the game made me want to include another human being. Pawns were fine as AI drones.

Really looking forward to playing this again. Magick Archer is one of the most fun I've had with this type of RPG, but I think for the PC release I'm going to pursue my dreams of Assassin Heaven.

#122 Posted by cooljammer00 (3090 posts) -

He prefers to be known as Kleptok, thank you. Patrick Kelepk is offended.

#123 Posted by Dushanan (31 posts) -

Now I just gotta hope for a non-MMO Monster Hunter on PC.

That probably will never happen though. But this is awesome! Looking forward to it.

#124 Posted by super2j (2136 posts) -

About a month ago, I borrowed a 360 and bought a copy of dark arisen.... and then this happens. What timing I have.

#125 Posted by williamflipper (84 posts) -

Yes!! It's time to romance the hammer smith again!!

#126 Edited by Fram (1857 posts) -

@ahgunsillyo said:

I can't believe we've gotten almost a full page of comments without someone posting what is easily the best thing about Dragon's Dogma.

Loading Video...

Came to the comments specifically to find this. Thank you.

Sadly, Dark Arisen no longer had this amazing track on the title screen, thus losing a whole star in my imaginary review.

#127 Posted by Veektarius (6410 posts) -

So, there isn't a sequel coming? I thought there was.

#128 Posted by GunstarRed (6049 posts) -

Oh Dragon's Dogma, you're so dumb. I still love you very much though.

#129 Posted by zladko (178 posts) -

Amazing news, I've been waiting on a PC port for years. Hopefully it lives up to the quality of the DMC4 port, I'd love to play the game again at a solid 60 frames.

#130 Edited by paulunga (3517 posts) -

Yes, I'll get this game again. And I'll use the Berserk armor/sword again even though they're not the best equipment. Hell, the first character I ever made in this game was Caska, long before I knew about the crossover.

No Caption Provided

@ahgunsillyo: Sorry, but that's no longer a thing in Dark Arisen.

Loading Video...

#131 Posted by RVonE (5012 posts) -

This will be the third time that I'm buying this game.

#132 Posted by Marblez3 (243 posts) -

Will definitely pick it up again as I don't own a console anymore. Although the difficulty is a little inconsistent (starts off hard, gets really easy midway through, then spikes to ludicrously difficult in the endgame) I really loved the game. Was definitely a sleeper hit for me.

#133 Posted by Error52 (339 posts) -

@gaftra: Dark Arisen improves fast travel, and if you import a save from the original to Dark Arisen you get infinite fast travel.

#134 Posted by two_socks (516 posts) -

This is great news! Hopefully the port is good, this game is dope as fuck.

#135 Posted by AMyggen (7738 posts) -

So, there isn't a sequel coming? I thought there was.

No proper sequel AFAIK, just the MMO.

#136 Posted by kagato (1161 posts) -

@gaftra: The DLC added a difficult, massive dungeon(That reuses assets a ton. It's a bit similar to the Everfalls, but much bigger) with quite a few new enemies and quite a few larger/more dangerous versions of earlier enemies, with different enemy placements between runthroughs, as well as placing just a few of those new enemies in the open world itself. I think they also dole out the fast travel markers you can place and the stones you use to travel between them earlier, but I upgraded(aka: Bought Dark Arisen in addition to the original), and that resulted in me getting an eternal fast travel stone among other things. So it's difficult to judge how much simpler it is without that. The story for it, what little story there is, is a twist on what you learn during that original ending.

Only bad thing about Dark Arisen is that they changed the opening music to just the sombre piano music instead of sombre piano music followed by GREAT J-rock sounding music. And maybe that a few of those chimeras and cyclopses weren't exchanged for the other monsters.

Yeah i miss Bz's "Into Free", it remember letting it play over and over in the background when i first got the game, such a great song, since its effectively just an update and the original files will still be in there someone will find a way to re-instate it. I'm happy that this is coming to PC, ive already finished it on 360 and started it on PS3, might just hold off and continue on PC.

#137 Posted by Humanity (18801 posts) -

@kagato said:
@redhotchilimist said:

@gaftra: The DLC added a difficult, massive dungeon(That reuses assets a ton. It's a bit similar to the Everfalls, but much bigger) with quite a few new enemies and quite a few larger/more dangerous versions of earlier enemies, with different enemy placements between runthroughs, as well as placing just a few of those new enemies in the open world itself. I think they also dole out the fast travel markers you can place and the stones you use to travel between them earlier, but I upgraded(aka: Bought Dark Arisen in addition to the original), and that resulted in me getting an eternal fast travel stone among other things. So it's difficult to judge how much simpler it is without that. The story for it, what little story there is, is a twist on what you learn during that original ending.

Only bad thing about Dark Arisen is that they changed the opening music to just the sombre piano music instead of sombre piano music followed by GREAT J-rock sounding music. And maybe that a few of those chimeras and cyclopses weren't exchanged for the other monsters.

Yeah i miss Bz's "Into Free", it remember letting it play over and over in the background when i first got the game, such a great song, since its effectively just an update and the original files will still be in there someone will find a way to re-instate it. I'm happy that this is coming to PC, ive already finished it on 360 and started it on PS3, might just hold off and continue on PC.

I'm hoping someone figures out a way to get rid of the letterboxing, which as I've argued for during the Evil Within release, is never ever ever a good idea in gaming. Just stop, never do this ever, it doesn't matter how nicely it frames the action, you are eating away screen real estate for no good reason at all.

I'm hoping they're smart enough to maybe include that option in the menu, but I'm not going to hold my breath or be at all surprised if they don't.

#138 Posted by Puchiko (847 posts) -

Kinda disappointed no announcement for PS4... This would be a day one purchase for me. But since its on steam I'll wait for a sale. I wonder how many hacked pawns we will see on steam.

Seriously doubt Dragon's Dogma online will make it stateside but even if it did I would rather play a single player game.

#139 Posted by Cozmicaztaway (280 posts) -

I picked Dark Arisen up cheaply as one of the local game-selling giants collapsed this summer, and while I haven't played it ALL that much, it's neat. And that griffin just attacked me and then ran off. It seems we shall meet again.

#140 Posted by ObsideonDarman (833 posts) -

Can someone explain why it's so good? I played about 10 hours and it never clicked with me.

#141 Posted by MeAuntieNora (1270 posts) -

Cool, this is a great game and that price point is pretty much perfect. I might not play again, but I hope it does well on Steam!

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#142 Posted by Redhotchilimist (2963 posts) -

@obsideondarman: In my case, it's a matter of what it does differently than other open world action/real time-RPGs I have played. Practically no story or lore(but a really good dragon character and ending), but a combat system that actually feels good. Movement with a lot of mobility, and the ability to climb on monsters, with a camera right behind my back that makes things feel exciting rather than confusing. Freedom to move around the world a lot, but not a ton of filler and not a lot of colored loot hunting and not really that massive a world. Not as finely crafted a world, as varied enemies or good bosses as Dark Souls, but much more forgiving and still feels good to play, with that added mobility I mentioned. Not as massive or varied as something like Skyrim or filled with romances like Bioware games, but with actual cool dragon fights and the ability to end up sleeping with the court jester by accident. A bit like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but not as intensely boring.

It might need a specific taste, but what I get out of Dragon's Dogma I get out of almost nothing else. I would love it if more action RPGs were made by action game developers and not the other way around.

#143 Posted by ArtisanBreads (9107 posts) -

@obsideondarman: In my case, it's a matter of what it does differently than other open world action/real time-RPGs I have played. Practically no story or lore(but a really good dragon character and ending), but a combat system that actually feels good. Movement with a lot of mobility, and the ability to climb on monsters, with a camera right behind my back that makes things feel exciting rather than confusing. Freedom to move around the world a lot, but not a ton of filler and not a lot of colored loot hunting and not really that massive a world. Not as finely crafted a world, as varied enemies or good bosses as Dark Souls, but much more forgiving and still feels good to play, with that added mobility I mentioned. Not as massive or varied as something like Skyrim or filled with romances like Bioware games, but with actual cool dragon fights and the ability to end up sleeping with the court jester by accident. A bit like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but not as intensely boring.

It might need a specific taste, but what I get out of Dragon's Dogma I get out of almost nothing else. I would love it if more action RPGs were made by action game developers and not the other way around.

This basically sums up things for me as well. The combat is top notch. The fights feel and look as dynamic as fights in a fantasy movie.

Also: the story isn't really good but in the first game I really did enjoy the presentation and vibe. It kind of reminded me of Resident Evil or something. A Japanese horror type vibe or something, not sure exactly how to explain it. Plus the art is traditional but really enjoyable too.

#144 Posted by Quarters (2658 posts) -

I'd be way more excited for a PS4 re-release, as I know my PC couldn't handle this. Maybe one day...

#145 Posted by year199X (97 posts) -

I've played the 360 and PS3 versions of this game to completion, and I am ready to do it a third time.

#146 Posted by SaveAndQuit (5 posts) -

Awesome. Like some of the others here, I loved the game but didn't finish and have wanted to go back. I'm sure all of those who played can attest to the well done character creation menu. This memory of my pawn has always stuck with me.

I spent a lot of time making the pawn character because I knew they would be a big part of the experience. So I spent close to an hour designing a tall, skinny female fighter. I was going for a model type look to juxtapose the typical burly man associated with melee combat. Finally I was finished creating my sidekick. And then she spoke. NOOOOO. Her voice was so deep and did not match this "perfect" pawn I had imagined. The one flaw of the character creation, the sound bites for the voices you pick were just grunts, so they were not the best representations of the voice. Man I was pissed. Luckily I found out that later in the game, once I got to the city, I could change her voice at a barber shop. So I stuck it out, and finally, a couple hours later, we reached the city. I made a B line to the barber shop, where I spent some hard earned gold sampling voices until I found a more typical and pleasing soft voice. After a few minutes of walking around the city with my new "polished" pawn character, I strolled back to the the barber shop one last time, and got back my real pawn.

Avatar image for infinite_zero00
#147 Posted by infinite_zero00 (51 posts) -

Stoked for this. I bought the game super late on 360 and never got to finish it. Now that I have a pretty decent pc I'll for sure be checking this out

#148 Posted by nomtank (261 posts) -

@voodoopc said:

I really liked Dragon's Dogma but it ran at 15 fps most of the time on the PS3. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Same here. I stopped playing it because it was so choppy. I hope a PS4 release is a possibly with a framerate that isn't complete ass.

#149 Posted by cimerians (1 posts) -

Fantastic game. Played this a lot last gen and it's definitely a hidden gem. Will gladly buy this again and play on PC. Would be nice to see this on a current console like PS4.

#150 Edited by Spence_5060 (414 posts) -

I would actually really love to play this. I got it for free from Playstation Plus but just could never find the time or inclination to play it but now with a brand new PC release with hopefully some updated stuff I would be really interested in playing this with it included in my huge steam library.