• 187 results
#151 Posted by Zeik (5197 posts) -

@obsideondarman said:

Can someone explain why it's so good? I played about 10 hours and it never clicked with me.

It's been awhile since I played, so a lot of my memories of why it was so great are vague, but I just remembered I wrote a long ass post here after finishing it, with my thoughts about all the things I liked. I'm not going to repost it here, but feel free to skim through it.

The long and short is that it does a lot of things more games should do.

#152 Edited by Quicklyer (251 posts) -

Still can't believe this is happening! It seemed like Capcom was not interested in a remaster at all -- especially a PC port.

More brutal than Skyrim since no level scaling for the enemies. Has much more satisfying combat, though not quite a great as Souls game. And has that suffocatingly eerie atmosphere that Japanese games do so well.

Took me a while to get in to, but likely my favorite open world game.

#153 Posted by Coreus (256 posts) -

Really, really, _REALLY_ liked this game on Xbox 360. If it's coming to PC, I'm probably getting it.

#154 Posted by Tiangou (6 posts) -

Hoping the pc port supports 60, and not Dark Souls "60" fps.

#155 Posted by limaceous (4 posts) -

I've started this game twice and each time was just too turned off by the letter-boxed presentation. For some reason that presentation just bothered me in an open, expansive fantasy game. I really liked the designs of the enemies though! So I'm sure I'll convince myself to give it yet another shot...especially if the game is presented in full widescreen.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
#156 Posted by deactivated-57d3a53d23027 (1460 posts) -

This is a great game.

#157 Posted by mosdl (3422 posts) -

I've started this game twice and each time was just too turned off by the letter-boxed presentation. For some reason that presentation just bothered me in an open, expansive fantasy game. I really liked the designs of the enemies though! So I'm sure I'll convince myself to give it yet another shot...especially if the game is presented in full widescreen.

For me what turned me off was the lack of fast travel, made the game somewhat tedious.

#158 Posted by limaceous (4 posts) -

@mosdl: Yeah, that too! I could forgive that if the world was especially lush and bad ass looking, but I'll be damned if I'm going to travel around a sort of fuzzy landscape marred by two big black bars....DAMNED I TELL YOU!!!

#159 Posted by Maddoc (13 posts) -

I never got around to playing the Dark Arisen expansion, so I'm really looking forward to jumping back in with this release.

#160 Posted by QuietOne (14 posts) -

I was really interested in picking this up when it first came out, but I had basically put my 360 to pasture by that point. Thrilled its coming out on PC, a definite pick up if its a solid port.

#161 Edited by Sweetz (1171 posts) -

While Capcom seems to be in the mood to bring older console games to PC, I really, really hope we somehow end up with a port of Asura's Wrath.

I played it on PS3 and loved it, but wish it wasn't so afflicted by tearing (nearly omnipresent in the PS3 version) and some rather disastrous framerate drops at a few points.

I tweeted this at Brad (being a big fan of the game) hoping he would retweet to support, but no such luck :(

#162 Posted by JRM (356 posts) -

Looking forward to this remaster! DD and Dark Arisen were pretty badass!

#163 Posted by captainjudaism (174 posts) -

Always wanted to play it but I'm not a console gamer so I never had the chance to play it and now with this news as long as the port is good and they fix the horrendous FPS problems I've heard so much about then I will pick this game up after it releases. If not... then I'll wait and see if modders or patches fix the problems before I pick it up.

#164 Posted by armaan8014 (6307 posts) -

HELL YEAH!! FINALLY!

Now hope that another RPG i always wanted to try, Nier, comes out on PC too

#165 Posted by pweidman (2854 posts) -

DD was such a freakin great game; good for pc folks who never played it. The Dark Arisen expansion was particularly glorious. If only I had a better graphics card....I'd get it and replay it on pc.

#166 Posted by Jpope (148 posts) -

gonna admit

super hyped to replay this game again on pc with better graphics options!

#167 Posted by Menkhor (105 posts) -

Awesome news! Really wanted to try this one out, but it dropped shortly after my PS3 bricked..

Chalk up another one for the PC-Master-Race! :D

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
#168 Edited by AdequatelyPrepared (2522 posts) -

More games being remastered means that we'll get Killer7 HD any day now.

Capcom pls

#169 Posted by NotATacoTruck (1 posts) -

I've purchased this game nine times at this point. Once each for Xbox and PS3, then once each again for the Dark Arisen version, then five more copies of the Xbox version so I can hand them out to friends who don't believe me when I say that this game is the best game they're not playing. It's only $20 - $30 each time, and I love this franchise so much that I'd do anything to support it. I'll definitely be buying copies on the PC as well.

#170 Posted by tsunami2311 (3 posts) -

I been waiting for this the ps3 verison has such horrid framerates i couldnt finish it and it is a good game.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
#171 Posted by ASilentProtagonist (738 posts) -
Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#172 Posted by Redhotchilimist (2963 posts) -

That's wonderful news! The design decisions will still draw some people away, but hopefully the people who couldn't stand the technical issues are gonna give it a shot now. And man, it looks unrecognizable.

Watching those movies reminded me that the game has some pretty good music. This says more about how much I played it than anything, but after a while I turned the music and voices off completely.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
#173 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1712 posts) -

@asilentprotagonist: What is this bullshit?! Where is my j-rock title music?! That said, looks like it is going to be good game for those who have not fought Ur-dragon hundreds of times. Battle system for this type of a game is extremely fun and it is a sin that more games try not to emulate or improve it.

#174 Edited by ArtisanBreads (9107 posts) -

I didn't quite finish the original and haven't played Dark Arisen at all yet so I'm really excited for this release.

I played the game on consoles and thought the combat was really fantastic, best in any action RPG. A lot of other interesting (if not perfectly executed) systems in there. Love how it looks running smoothly like this on PC.

#175 Posted by Dave_Tacitus (2477 posts) -

I'm stoked to finally play this game with double digit framerates. I ended up with DA on 360 and PS3 in the hope that one of the versions would have significantly better performance but finally gave up.

#176 Posted by JunkHype (402 posts) -

I will absolutely play Dragon's Dogma again!

#177 Posted by Slag (8157 posts) -

@charlie_victor_bravo: now that it's coming to PC, I'm hoping someone will make a mod to change the title back to vanilla DD's open J-rock jam

I've seen speculation that Capcom "forgot" or deliberately decided to not re-license the song, so it has to come form the fans somehow.

#178 Posted by sixpin (1345 posts) -

Looking forward to jumping back into this. Maybe I'll finish it now that I'll be able to just play it on my PC.

#179 Posted by Mike (17997 posts) -

@austin_walker Looks like final review code for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was leaked and subsequently cracked and released by pirates a full five days before the official release on Steam. The good news is that by all accounts it's a well optimized port with fully customizable mouse and keyboard controls, so that's encouraging.

#180 Posted by OurSin_360 (6177 posts) -

^^That sucks, why even crack a 30 dollar port of a 3 year old game?

Anyway, did they ever fix the quest system? I really liked the game on 360 until i got to a point where i literally had no idea where to go or what to do next, and randomly exploring was a bad idea since you get fucked up pretty easily traveling at night.

#181 Posted by mordukai (8516 posts) -

@mike: That's rather unfortunate but at least we know we are getting a good port. Looking forward to this one.

#182 Posted by FakeKisser (460 posts) -

I've been wanting to play this for a couple years now, and I'm happy I waited. However, as much as I want to buy this game, I can't justify it with the other RPG's I'm already in the middle of and need to finish before getting in the middle of another one (Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Fallout: New Vegas, Bravely Default, Dragon Age: Inquisition)...

#183 Posted by austin_walker (561 posts) -

@mike: Yeah, it's solid! I've been playing it for a bit now. Hopefully we'll do a QL soon.

#184 Posted by Mike (17997 posts) -

@austin_walker: Oh dude, I can't wait. We'll have to start up a PC pawn exchange thread or something, I think there are going to be quite a few GB people playing it.

As a side note about performance, I've been reading reports of people playing this game at high settings and getting 60 FPS on cards like the GTX 750, which if true, is pretty great for people with low to mid range systems. Of course we're talking about a 360/PS3 port, but still.

#185 Posted by Dave_Tacitus (2477 posts) -

Bought it over the weekend (which means I've now got all three editions of a game I've put maybe 15 hours into) and it's already pre-loaded. Under 14GB in size, for those of you with bandwidth caps.

#186 Posted by Bill_McNeal (834 posts) -

@mike: Yeah, it's solid! I've been playing it for a bit now. Hopefully we'll do a QL soon.

I was just coming in here to ask that exact question. I'm getting it no doubt, but would love to see a QL of it regardless. I'm still hoping someone makes a workaround where you can put "Into Free" back as the title music.

#187 Posted by atomicoldman (831 posts) -

@mike: I forgot all about Pawns, but I am real down for this. It's a shame you can't use Guts or Griffith in this game due to licensing bullshit, though.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
#188 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (2094 posts) -

The PC version leaked early and that's a bummer! Awesome game. Port looks solid. Eternal Ferrystone is a godsend.

And DDO is a bad game, and not worth the effort. It's a damn shame but what can you do!

#189 Posted by Ezekiel (2257 posts) -

This game was alright. I wanted a PC version at one point, but playing it once was enough.