Drawn To Death shutting down in March 2019

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Surprising likely no one, Drawn to Death is going to close down next year, on the 25th of March. Didn't start it even once myself, despite it being a PS+ game. I kinda liked the visual design at first glance, but the attitude was too much.

https://www.destructoid.com/david-jaffe-s-drawn-to-death-will-be-shutting-down-in-six-months-524383.phtml

I guess it lasted this long mostly due to being a "free" game. I don't know what Jaffe is currently planning, but hopefully it'll do better than this thing did. IF he is planning anything.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While I have no real opinion on Drawn to Death, it did give us Internet Dan, so it couldn't have been all bad.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

While I have no real opinion on Drawn to Death, it did give us Internet Dan, so it couldn't have been all bad.

I think you are implying Internet Dan is good here, and I just can't stand for that

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell did this game last this long?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShaggE

@ballsleon: If Internet Dan is bad, I don't wanna be good!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yet another game that spends longer in development than being in the market.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah my main surprise is that it was still going

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

screw it... i'm rewatching this QL

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It blows my mind this thing wasn't already shut down.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@vdortizo: I think that’s the appropriate thing to do here.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

On one hand, I hate the idea that a multiplayer shooter that should be p2p and has absolutely no reason to have servers that can be shut down is getting killed. This shit shouldn’t happen and the fact that it’s basically become an expectation is more evidence that there’s something wrong with out industry that all these games rely on a server somewhere still working.

On the other hand, motherfuck this awful, completely pathetic game. I wish Sony had the decency to kill it before ever putting it out.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Anyone could have seen this one coming. This game tried to play to an audience that doesn't exist, or is maybe like a couple dozen people in the entire universe.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sometimes wonder if Dan's reaction to this game is the reason why we haven't seen David Jaffe on any Giant Bomb shows since then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9
deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko: Jaffe was sort of annoyed with Giant Bomb around the time when Drawn to Death was first revealed back in 2014 or whatever and the guys had less than positive things to say about it. I remember him tweeting about it and mentioning it in a Q&A he did. He didn’t seem to take any criticism well and had this whole ”game journalists/critics are so out of touch” attitude.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

BREWSKI BOOBS

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is baffling to me that this was a multiplayer only shooter. The art style was neat and they were leaning into the 'humor' (which was terrible) and it would have made much more sense as a campaign where they could develop characters and unique scenarios and really explore the aesthetic. The tutorial where they kind of did that was the best part of the game, and then you play the game itself and it was just boring and repetitive and had nothing to offer over a dozen other better shooters.

It could have been a cool thing but it went the lazy arena shooter route (maybe for budget reasons?) and ended up being one of the worst games I've ever played that wasn't totally broken. Just nothing redeeming about it.