A Farewell to Drew Scanlon Thread

ronneyfan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Drew you rock. I can't wait to see whats next for you. I hope you stay in the industry and find your way to events like PAXEast in the future.

Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#952  Edited By Zelnox

Did Drew get his bow and arrows back?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for thirtiethtwelve
Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#953  Edited By Pathos

@drewbert, thank you for all the fun, knowledge, and hard work that you have shared with the entire Giant Bomb community! May you find success in your future endeavours. I will miss seeing your face all over the site!

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Godspeed you magnificent man

ClintDriftwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#955  Edited By ClintDriftwood

Best of luck @drewbert, I don't have any amazing montage to share with you or any hilarious quips, I' just like to pass by and wish you all the best at whatever your new venture is. Thanks for being there for myself, and all of us duders for the past 8 years man, you've really helped me personally get over quite a few difficult times during that time, and I'll always admire our shared passion for anything Soviet.

До свидания, товарищ.
drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm old, I still think of Drew as the new guy. Looking back, I guess he wasn't so new anymore. He will be missed. I just remember how nervous he came across at first, and then how he just grew into his role at GB. Pretty cool. Good luck Drew. Isn't it weird how someone can be, in some small way, a part of your life, and yet they don't even know you exist. There's something a lot more personal about the way that happens with smaller internet things like Giant Bomb. You never have those thoughts about, say, a TV show. I don't give a shit about the dude who plays Rick on Walking Dead, and he doesn't give a shit about me. With Drew and Giant Bomb, you give a shit. I think that says a lot about what these guys have built.

Phantomvirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There is nothing I can say that has not already been said, but I will post one of my favorite GB moments. The last still from E3 2009 coverage...

No Caption Provided

ThatRoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just found out from the Feb 24 Beastcast. Drew you were such an integral part of the site from the very beginning. Honestly, with this latest departure my reasons for continuing to come to GB are declining. Guess I'll be sticking to the podcasts from now on. Drew you will be sorely missed.

Skullbuggery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Drew Scanlon, restoring the reputation of both gamers and online stars just like that.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#964  Edited By ArtisanBreads

That's pretty cool.

I think it was funny it was calling him "explorer" throughout ("then he told the explorer"). He was at a museum after all.