User Lists: 2

Wait... What will happen to GB's ExtraLife 24hr livestreams?? :(

poppa_buerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Drew, you are the nerd we all deserved! Your passion for random things is seriously awesome and i know you are going to do great things. Well wishes and good luck!!!

Avatar image for extragingerbrew
extragingerbrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What really hurts is Drew has reached critical hair perfection. I thought there is nowhere to go except maybe growing the beard out. Now we will never know what could be...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

You miss one Bombcast and the world goes goddamn upside down. I don't even know what to say, I'm genuinely kind of shocked by this. Best of luck to Drew, he must have good reasons for leaving, but man.. thats like your best friend telling you they're leaving the band.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Drew is retiring now that all the meme money is rolling in.

Good luck Drew!

Also, I'm pretty bummed out from the thought that Drew, Alexis, and Mary might not be on anymore giantbomb extra life streams together.

Salvationtwist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn it drew as became such a big part of the west crew since dan left and i loved it

no more extra life drew fun :'''{

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Goodluck Drew.

Thanks for everything you did at GB. Hope you achieve your dreams and i'll try to follow what you're doing next.

and uh... if you are ever interested in Extralife..., i wouldn't mind if you managed to sneak into the building with Ian, Mary and Alexis

DaveKap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because of moments like this that I will miss Drew so damn much.

Loading Video...

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#210  Edited By KaneRobot

No. No. No. Goddammit. What the fuck is going on with the West Coast office?

Not disrespecting Ryan's memory or anything by invoking it here, but...this is the worst news I've seen for this site since he passed. I always had this weird vision of Drew being the one guy who is always here in the background, even after Jeff exited someday.

The podcast lineup arguably the best it has been since the original 4. This really sucks.

I'm assuming he's leaving because he made 75 million dollars off that meme thing somehow. In that case, I don't blame him for leaving.

RIP to many things here...Alt F1, interesting random side hobby updates, and most importantly, passionate Halo coverage of any kind.

Throwing down the glass punchbowl, Florida Evans-style tonight.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Jeff mentioned on the 02/16/2017 Jar Time that they want to hire people to produce specific content or to be able to do longer-form content; or to go out and see the world (and record it.) Drew's going solo and mentioned he want to travel more. I do hope this means future guest video features for the site, Drew! Godspeed and please don't vaporize (at least make sure to stop by with Alexis once a year!)

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew, always enjoyed your presence on the site over the years, how you played all different kinds of games, and your commentary. Best wishes on your future goals.

KamonKazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goodbye Drew. You're the reason I started subscribing to giant bomb in the first place.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Drew may as well be apart of the original 4, going to be a tough loss. I am definitely excited to see what he is doing next, but Giant Bomb West taking some big hits lately :(

sethshandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See You Space Cowboy...

Avatar image for theheroofhyrule
TheHeroOfHyrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By TheHeroOfHyrule

You'll always be my hero Drew <3

No Caption Provided

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://twitter.com/drewscanlon/status/834191895253311488

Alt-F1 podcasts still going strong.

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even imagine a westcoast without Drew :(

Really gonna miss him, but good luck on whatever you have planned!

Smeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck with your future plans Drew. Also thanks for all the good and memorable moments at Giant Bomb.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was just yesterday that @drewbert jumped in and started recording the persona 4 endurance run videos :(

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually thinking about which of the crew would leave the other day.

Drew was at the top of my list.

Good luck, Drew! You give us a call every once in a while now, ya hear?

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally get that a lot of people don't want to spend their entire lives in the same place, especially someone as pro-active as Drew, but damn, I never expected him to just up and leave one day like this. I am genuinely very upset at this news, but I know we will see him again and hopefully often.

Drew, you're gonna knock it out of the park wherever you go. Thanks for all the memes, moments, and memories and we will miss you dearly.

No Caption Provided

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, man. Best of luck. Drew will be missed but I'm sure he'll still be doing amazing things.

M_ssingpixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooo, this is sad, thanks for all the good times drew!

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck, Drew!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Man, what? I'm legitimately bummed out now. Though, of anyone on Giant Bomb, Drew certainly seems like he'll do just fine in whatever he puts his mind to, be it making stealth jokes that no one else laughs at, ("I'm dressed like a speed bump!") using the tricaster to great effect, or visiting one of the single most repressive countries on the earth because he can.

Certainly hope that this hole can be filled, and not just in my heart. The GBWest offices are starting to look a little empty...

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

First and foremost I'm really happy for Drew. Drew seems like a genuinely good, talented and passionated person. Which is also why it will be so sad to see him go. Because I know this means that GB won't be the same after this. He's been with the site for so long and it's going to be really weird to see him go. But the heart wants what the heart want. Something I'm learning myself. That also means you have to take the opportunity to follow your dreams when the chance presents itself.

For the first time in my life it has become truly clear for me what I want to do. And now it has become my goal to achieve that goal. I'm probably going to have a long and winding road ahead of me but that's just how it is when you have some thing you want to achieve. Some thing to chase after. It motivates you to keep going and develop yourself and your skills to an even higher level. That's how I feel now for the first time in really long time. From Drew tweets it sounds like he has a similiar drive and need to do what ever his next adventure is. So ofcourse he should do it.

It still doesn't change that it feels weird to think about and part of me has a hard time accepting that it's actually happening. Drew is a part of Giant Bomb. It will definitely never be the same without him. I wish Drew the best.

With all that being said I can't help but wonder about the future of GB. Not in a dire straits sort of way but more in a change is inevitably sort of way. At some point Brad, Vinny or Jeff will stop working at GB and that is going to be a huge change for this site. In fact it might be so much of a change that it might not be for me anymore. I came to GB for Ryan, Jeff, Vinny, Brad and Drew. They were and are still Giant Bomb to me. Dan has been a really good addition to the original crew and proves that you can add a new face that fits in with the original crew. But there will always be something special about the early days of GB and the people involved from the beginning. I'll be interested to see who the new people are and what they can bring to the table. It will be a little different and it should be because it would feel wrong if the new people just tried to copy ex-bomb duders.

Thanks Drew and good luck with your future endeavours.

GenericCAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By GenericCAW

Huge bummer that he's leaving...

Best of luck in the future, dude!

Edit: I've been here since '11 and this was my first post :o

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thank for everything Drew and good luck on your future endeavors. You will be greatly missed.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the fucking worst. RIP Strategy/Tactical/Simulator games coverage on the site outside of Vinny playing the shitty ones.

TracerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Bye Drew! You're the best, and I can't imagine anyone ever replacing the unique perspective you brought to this dumb site.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna miss you Drew. Thanks a lot for everything you did.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well fuck. Gonna miss you duder, a lot! Best of luck with your next venture.

dzll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear Drew,

You may never see this, but if you do, I want you to know that you inspired me in a lot of ways. I wouldn't be where I am now without the bootstrap charm of the early giant bomb days. I just hope I can be half the kind of person you are in the future!

Thanks, and good luck in the future!

Angelus604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck in your new endeavours, Drew!

We'll miss tales of your wild and active lifestyle outside of video games on the Bombcast.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

All the best Drew. You will be missed for sure. :(

Soccerpolska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:( Nooooooo!! Godspeed Drew. I'm follow you and the #DrewCrew on your next adventure!!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

NOOOOO. Not you, too Drew! I always imagined he'd stick around. This is fucking heartbreaking....gonna miss you a lot, my man.

Best of luck on your future endeavors, Drew! Please stop by on occasion.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will miss Drew. Humble, kind and friendly. The kind of person the world needs more of, no doubt. Take care man, and hope to see you as a guest in the future.

Guess I always knew Drew was going to be the next one out the door. Can't expect the young guard to stay at Giant Bomb forever. It's only natural that young talents try different things in their careers. Jeff, Brad and Vinny will hopefully be there forever though. Don't know how I would feel about any of those leaving.

All that being said, Giant Bomb is in a good spot right now. East coast is better than ever, and with the inclusion of Dan I've started to regularly listen to the podcast and watch videos. West coast is solid as usual, and will get new blood in the coming months. Looking forward to it.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't say that I'm happy that we will no longer have Drew to grace us with his positivity, character, and amazing personality. However I know that all great things need to keep on growing, so with a heavy heart I wish Drew the best. I respect the hell out of you Drew and I will support you with whatever you decide to do in life. Thank you for staying with us all these many years and making us laugh! The kids you've raised money for thank you, the GB community thanks you, and the internet meme community thank you.

Best of luck Solid Scanlon!

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew was low key one of the funniest duders on this site. I don't even know what else to say right now.

TakFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This genuinely hurts, Drew has so many similar interests to mine and he seems like the nicest person to be around, his jokes go unappreciated or not acknowledged a lot of the time by other members but he looks at the camera like, yeah you all know.

I hope you find the H button someday Drew :(

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew, turn that mad meme money into that yolo youtube money!

In all seriousness Good Luck with what you do. It has been an amazing pleasure watching, reading, and listening to you for the past 8 years. From a Sausalito basement and a Persona 4 ER to a CBSi office and a sort of Metal Gear Solid ER. I wish you best of luck in your future adventures.

Nengjanggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Best wishes, Drew. I really enjoyed your sense of humor!

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Goddamit! Ok, not going to make a big deal out of this. If he is leaving on his own volition, I wish him all the best.

But he will be sorely missed. His positive attitude, great talent and fascinating hobbies make his presence felt, even when behind the camera. In front of a microphone, he was always interesting to listen.

Just, don't be a stranger.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad to see you go Drew, I wish you all the best with whatever the future brings!

Firrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Going solo so I'll obviously check it out, but I'll be sad that there is now, pretty well, 0 chance for the return of flight club! GB now has some giant shoes to fill, but none will ever fill them fully.