Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Feb 04, 2022

Dying Light 2 takes place fifteen years after the first game.

Here's like half an hour of gameplay from E3

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I was in the room for this demo and was kind of nonplussed. It felt a bit like one of those Ubisoft pre-recorded banter videos but for a single-player game and certainly doesn't seem true to my experiences in Dying Light, which were "get a main quest and then go do other crap for an hour until I get back around to whatever I was supposed to do." I'm a little wary of all the talk of reactivity in this one (especially talking about flooding or opening entire zones permanently based on your choices, which just seems like a waste of developer effort), but I know Avellone really likes building that stuff into game worlds, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

To be clear, this is still pretty much my #1 most anticipated game; I'm just more curious to see what the moment-to-moment gameplay will be like rather than what the story reveals are in the game. I mean, it's pretty much guaranteed that this game is going to have a better story than DL1; I'm more interested in the skill trees and such. But we have a ways to go until it comes out I guess!

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Don't know if it was in the first game, but that grappling hook to Glider bit was a good surprise; seems like getting around will be a lot of fun.

As far as the story stuff goes, I'd be interested to see how significant some of those choices actually end up being. I don't mean the classic, "Do you want to talk, sneak or kill your way through this scenario" choices, I mean things like if you believe the Colonel at the end there, or whether you even bother chasing after the truck at the beginning of the sequence.

There's a long history of developers talking up a big game about how important player choice is, and how much of an effect those choices will have on the world, so I can't help but be skeptical.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I didn't play the first one, and it might be too late for that now, but this second game is looking pretty cool. A lot of the demo feels very scripted so I wonder how it all actually shakes out when a random person plays it.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By TheFlamingo352

I'm actually super excited for this thing to come out. After lots of last-minute hesitation before purchase multiple times over the years, friend recommendations have got me playing the original.

I'm liking it a good amount, but I'm excited for a sequel mostly for its sense of ambition. This feels like a real opportunity for Techland to break out of cult-hit status.

As for that full demo footage, I really dig it. The choices feel really lateral and the setting/gameplay both seem really confident and fleshed out. My biggest worry is that major story decisions like draining the aqueduct will be separated by lots of mindless running. Fingers crossed.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThePanzini

Do you want more Dying Light? I get the feeling if you liked/played Dying Light, you already know everything you need to know about DL2. DL2 looks a better game in all areas, tbh the bar for story was really low. Having Chris Avellone should be a good step up.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Agreed that it's not the greatest demo and also holy crap I'm ready for more Dying Light.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoOzak

It looks alright but I had to roll my eyes at the chase sequence, all I could think was 'didnt go that way *restart* nope wrong way again! *restart*' I get that they play well to an audience but i've never found them fun. I'm worried that the focus on story might hinder game design, despite their boasting that it will do the opposite. It's the Rockstar problem I guess.

Anyway, this being a demo that was shown to the press awhile ago means it will likely be very different in the final game. I'm guessing set pieces like this will be few and far between and most of your time will be spent clearing out rooms and looting shit which is fine, the melee and parkour was satisfying enough in the first game that it didnt matter if your objectives were quite bland.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
    soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is kind of strange, the setting and the humanity stories of DL1 wasn't bad, and DL2 going after that again isn't surprising. But DL1 straight up pokes fun of indecision and illusion of choices in games yet here we are with them putting it front and center...in 2019 no less years after the whole "choices in video game" discussion had finally (and fortunately) died down.

I also wonder how the multiplayer is going to be like, this is a game I am very much interested in playing coop rather than single player. In the demo case of chasing after the Colonel or starting the pump, real life logic offers the perfect solution of splitting up in multiplayer, but I have a feeling gaming logic won't let you do that...which I understand, but still.

The world looks fun to run around in, which is definitely something the game should get right. The jumping between tall buildings looks a little leap of faith-ish, but I guess it could become second nature as you learn your way around town. The newly reveal area that was underwater shows a bunch of similar height building, ripe for jumping rooftop to rooftop, definitely some traversal flavor there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.