E3 a week away. Video games may happen! Prediction thread.

• 132 results
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Obv. a Halo 5 gameplay demonstration but I expect more because of the ongoing Hunt the Truth campaign. Whether or not the campaign ends there but something big in the universe will be shown and will wow lore fans.

Hopefully more of anything from Below gets shown at E3. That's a game I really want to see.

For some reason, I expect the biggest troll to come out of Konami and Kojima in anticipation for Metal Gear Solid V but that's a dream than anything.

I wouldn't be surprised for a playable build of Street Fighter V with pro players, and Mike Ross, trying it out in demonstrations. As for other fighting games, I see a full home platform announcement of Tekken 7 with playable builds using the arcade boards featured in past tournaments. If SNK can even do it, I want to see The King of Fighters XIV or maybe a Maximum Impact followup.

As for hardware, Mad Catz will have a significant presence in E3 especially when they are distributing Rock Band 4. I don't see them releasing new arcade stick models, aside from the TE2, but I did hear from various forums about a throwback Tournament Edition Arcade FightStick but that's a big maybe. Hori will be somewhere in the center showing off existing and prototype arcade sticks; I hope to see a current generation Fighting Edge.

Also whatever game it is, there will be a free public beta announced in one of the conferences.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@stackboy said:

No Man's Sky release date (please?)

What would a release date even mean at this point in the industry? Release dates barely hold up anymore.

Kwyjibo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, Sony is bound to hype up No Man's Sky and Uncharted. Pretty darn sure EA will announce Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered, whether they will show any ME4 stuff is up in the air though.

Arkana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Arkana

Sony

• Uncharted
  • A bunch of indie games
  • MGS5
  • Persona 5
  • Media Molecule game
  • Street Fighter 5
  • Morpheus

Long shot: The Last Guardian

Microsoft

• Halo 5
  • Gears
  • Scalebound
  • Windows 10?
  • Battletoads?
  • Fable Legends
  • Tony Hawk 5
  • Tomb Raider?
  • Call of Duty

Long shot: A game from Rare that actually looks good and doesn't use kinect

Nintendo

• Zelda (There at least needs to be some mention)
  • Star Fox
  • Mario Maker
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Fire Emblem
  • Pokken Tournament
  • FE x SMT
  • Amiibos

Long shot: New Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, or a new Mario from the 3D World studio

Ubisoft

• An awkward host
  • French accents
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Watchdogs 2?
  • The Division
  • Rainbow Six Siege

Long shot: No Aisha Tyler presenting

EA

• Mass Effect (Origins)
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Dragon Age DLC?
  • Mirror's Edge

Long shot: Any actual gameplay at all

Bethesda

• Fallout 4
  • Doom
  • Dishonored 2
  • Elder Scrolls Online?

Square Enix

• FF15
  • Deus Ex
  • Tomb Raider
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • FF14 Heavensward ad (comes out a week after the conference)

Long shot: New Final Fantasy Tactics (Advance)

PC Conference

• Directx12
  • Oculus/Steam VR
  • Windows 10

Long shot: Gabe Newell comes out and announces something with a 3 in it

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Guardian and Half-Life 3 will be revealed and Silent Hills will be revived.

I can confirm all these things will happen

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ares42

I'll just say what I said last year, if there's no Fallout 4 someone fucked up.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jazzycola

I really hope that Sony or MS announcing a new exclusive is more than just a medium chance...

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Miracle Chance: Something I actually give a fuck about getting announced.

Videogames hate me these days.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Does your uncle work at E3?

I have my own super super SUPER long shot to add: Someone gives a shit about Killer7 and a HD remake is announced.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#60  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'll maybe expand upon this in a blog, but as an immediate stopgap for Sony's lacklaster first party games, they'll announce deeper PS1 and 2 support on the PS4, probably through PS Now.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I really hope a release date for no mans sky

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: I heard rumours a few years ago that Sony was looking into making the PS4 compatible with PS2 games via a software update (that it will accept and play those discs). I quietly continue to hope that will be the case. It'll be a strong case for me to purchase a PS4.

Do you know anything about the success of PSNow? I really haven't heard anything about it beyond the initial beta/release.

Hells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hells

My expectations for E3 2015:

Microsoft

Windows 10 features on Xbox One will be detailed along side their initiative to have simultaneous releases of games on PC/Xbox One.

Halo/Gears/Duty announcements and gameplay shown woo! /sarcasm

Expect to see a ton of games from First and Third Parties.

Biggest Surprise/Possibly Biggest Dissapointment: The Battletoads reveal.

Sony

The Last Guardian will not be shown or mentioned

No Man's Sky will be shown with a live demo and dated

Project Morpheus price will be revealed. Expect to see anything lower than $250 for just the headset.

Biggest Suprise/Dissapointment: Vita support in 2015

Nintendo

Mario Maker will be shown in its full glory

Hot Amiibo reveals

Retro Studios will show off their next Donkey Kong Returns game (please no!)

Biggest Suprise but most likely a no show yet again: New Metroid Title

3rd Party Conferences

Bethesda- They will come out and show off their 3 big projects. Fallout. Dishonored. Doom. They will also plug their Elder Scrolls MMO (who is even playing this?!?!)

EA- Bring Burnout back, WE BEG YOU!

Ubisoft- World Premiere of Tom Clancy's Just Dance

SquareEnix- Dragon Que... Kidding that will never happen! Just Cause will be the best title shown off.

Best / Worst of Show You Pick: Minecraft:Story Mode and that thing CliffyB is working on Project Bluestreak

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#64  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@adequatelyprepared: That's a fascinating idea, but I don't know if it would be possible. As for the success of PS Now, I have no idea, but I can't imagine it's a runaway success, given how little they mention it.

Ideally, I'd like to see them just sell them digitally, as they did with the PS3.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Aegon

So I've been reading the NeoGAF Sony E3 thread and there's a guy stirring the pot, getting everybody riled up. His (or her) username is Zoetis and they started off by hinting at Last Guardian showing up at E3 and then he explicitly confirmed it. Then they hinted at Guerilla Game's Horizon and Level-5's next game (rumored to be a PS4 exclusive JRPG by another NeoGAF insider named Verendus) also showing up.

This Zoetis person just sort of showed up and people were going crazy. Him being new on the block and unverified wasn't helping. However, a mod asked him to PM verification and later posted "Hmm. Okay then". So I guess he's verified? It's unclear. But clearly a mod has looked into it and the guy is not banned.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Only hopefully with some better emulation this around. Some of the PSN versions of PS2 games were really rough.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BladedEdge

I can say for certain what needs to happen at E3.

On the X1 & PS4 side we absolutely need to see bit AAA 'we expect people will buy our system to play this" exclusives. At least one major/massive one if not more, preferably releasing this year. Seriously. What is coming out holiday 2015 that's suppose to sell me on a PS4 or X1 if I don't already own them?

What we will get? Likely something..but it might also be on the PC (Microsoft) or more indie then AAA (PS4) and most defiantly not anything this year.

What I want? Well, since i own neither console, I certainly hope that none of those exclusives are games I want to play. Like, please give me the next FF on PC same day/time, or at least shortly after.

Nintendo is..gonna do its thing. Announce some fan service games (mario, zelda, metroid, etc) announce some third party Japanese content, cover some stuff that recently release and is upcoming. I don't expect big major blow aways, though I'm not a Nintendo fan so the big 1st party stuff is 'meh' to me.

As for the other publishers? Like we are going to see things we expect. This years edition of CoD, or Madden and etc. I think whatever Ubisoft shows will be seen in a very skeptical light this year(and might well be deserved). I think we get Fall out 4 or etc, and I'm in the "released this year" camp. Mostly because I super hope it is. I also think we will see something more solid for the next Mass Effect game, though I don't expect it until 2017.

The rest..like there are games in production that might show up. The new kingdom hearts is certainly due to show back up (though maybe not) We are too the point where Star-wars games we know about already will have major displays (game play) and those we might wish for might have had enough time to get green-lit.

My super out there theory then.

There has been nothing about Fall out 4 for longer then we expect because, at some point, they got the license for a Star Wars game in that style, and re-purposed/redid their base work for FO4 for that new game. (I am sure there is some obvious reason this cant' happen, but that's why its a out there theory!)

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#69 riostarwind  Moderator

Time to predict the future. First up

Sony

Uncharted 4: A Theif's End They have to show this again although I expect it might just be a nice trailer after the overly long game play segment last time.

Wipeout Returns: Sony gets someone to do a new Wipeout.

Guerrillas Fantasy Game: They've mentioned working on this before so this seems like a good time to show it off.

New Sucker Punch game that isn't Infamous: Sure it's more likely they are working on more Infamous but it would be neat to see something new.

No Man's Sky: Everyone seems to be super interested in it so why not show it off again?

Vita Is a Indie Machine: Look at all these indie games that are coming to the vita. Plus we've got another 3rd party port game like Borderlands 2.

Japanese Developers are making games now: Persona 5 trailer, possible sizzle reel with a bunch of random Japanese games shown, Dragon Quest Heroes trailer.

Microsoft

Gears Of War Remake: This is pretty much confirmed so they will show it.

Gears Of War 4/subtitle teaser: The remake is just a half step till they show off the real new game.

Scalebound: Seems like they will show off all the stylish action Scalebound has if they've had enough time to make a good demo.

Rare is making something other than Kinect games: Battletoads? some random new IP? Or is it just another Kinect game since they need to put out something for it.

Halo 5: HHHHHAAAALLLLOOOO!

MS LOVES indies too: Cuphead demo, new game that has a nice looking art style like Ori, and a sizzle reel.

Nintendo

New Mario Game?: If the Wii U is going to keep going I would expect at least one more Mario game.

New Smash Bros Character: They seem to like to announce random SSB characters so why not another one at E3?

Virtual Console is still a thing: Look we've got *insert random games* that we'll put out at a super slow rate.

Fire Emblem IF: Seems likely they would show more of this along with FExSMT.

Metroid U: I know it's unlikely but it seems like a good time for a new Metroid game.

Animal Crossing U: Maybe with a new art style? Throw in some cel shading to mix it up a bit.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: They should show this off again.

Continuing the trend of making 3DS remakes: Insert another game everyone loves that they are now remaking on 3DS.

Bethesda

Fallout 4 with some Doom 4 thrown in too: This seems like it would be the reason they are doing a stage show.

Bethesda is publishing other stuff: It's better than Wet and Rogue Warrior this time we promise.

Battlecry: Sure they might as well show this too.

Square Enix

I'm not expecting anything new but they've got quite the list of games coming out already.

Final Fantasy: XIV, Kingdom Hearts III, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Tomb Raider 2,Dragon Quest Heroes etc.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By MocBucket62

First party/exclusive press predictions

Sony:

• Uncharted 5 footage
  • MGSV footage or trailer
  • Persona 5 trailer
  • Kingdom Hearts teaser
  • Plenty of indies
  • New Ratchet and Clank game trailer and movie trailer since the film was delayed till 2016
  • Media Molecule title
  • Street Fighter 5 with new character reveals
  • Drawn to Death trailer
  • Something by Quantic Dream

Microsoft:

• Halo 5 footage
  • Scalebound trailer
  • Battletoads reveal
  • Killer Instinct season 3 reveal
  • Crackdown footage
  • Call of Duty
  • Fable Legends trailer
  • Tony Hawk 5
  • New Gears game revealed

Nintendo:

• Smash Bros DLC character trailers (Roy and Ryu)
  • Mario Maker info
  • Star Fox reveal trailer
  • Project Treasure, or that one Namco game that was sort of revealed in January, will get a real reveal trailer
  • More info on SMT X FE and the new FE 3DS game
  • Woolly World trailer
  • More amiibo info
  • New game reveal that will either be an old IP revamped or new IP (I want a new F-Zero, but its wishful thinking)
  • EDIT: Waluigi is revealed as the smash poll DLC winner and Dan marks out!

PC:

• New PC hardware to be revealed
  • The only game I know of that will get screen time is Total War: Warhammer (Other PC games will have screen time to)

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone hopeful that EA announce Bad Company 3?

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Someone somehow somewhere will manage to slip in some port of Minecraft and tell us how well it sold.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75  Edited By stackboy

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:
@stackboy said:

No Man's Sky release date (please?)

What would a release date even mean at this point in the industry? Release dates barely hold up anymore.

It has to come out sometime, right? Right guys?

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope everyone realises how stupid announcing games 18+ months before release is. I realise this is a long shot but after the negative response to games like Watch Dogs and The Order after really early announcements I hope everyone looks at shorter hype cycles.

I think Sony is in prime position to do this. They have numerous studios who have been working on PS4 games since before the console came out that we know very little about. I like to believe they have at least one big unannounced game which will be out before the end of the year.

I'd get much more excited about E3 every year if it was smaller but exclusively had games definitely coming in the following 12 months.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcorb: Haha, yeah, I know that. My PS2 was my first console, and its still plugged in ready to go. I guess I just want Sony to look into it if only because it would make plugging a PS4 into my TV (where a PS2 and PS3 are already plugged in, neither of which I can bothered to unplug/plug in constantly) way easier.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 2 predictions for me.

• An earthquake hits LA swallowing up the convention center killing thousands.
  • The Last Guardian and Half-Life 3 trailers are shown and are coming out this holiday season.

Oh, and maybe a bunch of remakes and amiibo crap.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@twi said:

EA - mass effect 1-3 remastered trailer and release date (nov 7th)

From your mind to their lips god be willing. I have been holding off buying ME3 because I wanted the complete collection on PS4

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hideo Kojima struts out onto the stage and says "Gotcha! Silent Hills is coming out next year! Also, a fully fleshed-out version of P.T.!"

:(

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: This sounds so funny that I wouldn't even be mad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just hope we see some actual great surprises all around.

The built up to E3 usually means a lot of leaks. It'd be nice to just be fully surprised by reveals at the conferences.

Also, I hope Metroid isn't dead. I don't know why a 2D Metroid on 3DS hasn't happened yet but it needs to happen.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Bethesda have officially announced and released a trailer for their announcement at E3 where they will announced DOOM

Loading Video...

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dumb Microsoft prediction: Halo Master Chief Collection PC version will be announced. Windows 10 exclusive, and it will promote their online cross-play between PC and Xbox One. When Jeff saw an early version of MCC, there was a prompt to move the mouse to look around, and then when the guy playing the demo pressed a button on the controller, the prompt changed to controller buttons. It would be weird to put that text in the game for a console only game.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Josh Sawyer walks out on PC stage and announces KOTR 3. Drops mic. Have a nice day.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandondryrock: This is funny cause I actually made this point in a thread from last year. Apparently that was only in there because the version of Halo 2 they used for the Anniversary edition was the PC version. Some kind of legacy thing keeping those promts in the game. I would love MCC on PC, though. While they're at it they can put Sunset Overdrive on there too. Never going to happen.

I don't care what gets announced as long as theres some new IP. Sequels rule this industry. Tell me a new story with characters I've never seen, dammit!

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohh right.. THE DIVISION I just realised we're still waiting on that

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Bethesda to announce the next TES and skip FO.

If it is Fallout, which it likely is, I hope the gameplay is drastically different from the others. Meaning that they build solid shooting mechanics, with dice rolls calculating damage, rather than 'nah son, you totally missed that perfectly lined up headshot'.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90  Edited By notnert427

Sony:

Persona 5 trailer with Holiday release date. Crowd goes apeshit.

MGS trailer. Dan goes apeshit.

Uncharted gameplay.

No Man's Sky trailer that does little to nothing but remind people it still exists. Alpha-ass gameplay and no release date.

Gran Turismo trailer that's incredibly short, vague, and uninformative. Possible announcement of a Prologue edition releasing only in Japan sometime in 2016.

Repeated smug high-fiving themselves about the PS4 being the best-selling console and offering the best console versions of third-party games.

Announcement of 1TB PS4.

Microsoft:

Halo 5 and some more Halo 5. Then some more Halo 5.

"Windows 10" mentioned about 95 times with hyperbole about "seamless integration", which will of course not include the ability to stream games or music FROM your PC.

PC version of MCC, which hopefully won't be busted as shit for months and months after release until they finally fix it after most people gave up on it.

Call of Duty: Future-er Warfare multiplayer gameplay. Talk of how it's more "fast-paced" than ever, and pretending they invented shit they're ripping off from Titanfall.

Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay, replete with overselling the "only on Xbox One" timed exclusivity.

Forza 6. Pretty cars, electronic music, zoooom. Probably some dev talking about how many polygons are on each car model.

Fable Legends gameplay. Usage of the phrase "epic adventure" guaranteed.

Gears of War Remaster confirmed, followed by announcement of new Gears title coming in 2016.

Montage of upcoming games that mentions Scalebound, Quantum Break, and then talks about indie games and dev-friendly updates they've made.

Announcement of 1TB Xbox One.

Nintendo:

Mario ____.

(Ancillary Mario Character)'s ____.

____ Zelda: ____.

Starfox ____.

Metroid ____.

Amiibos.

Ubisoft:

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate gameplay that looks virtually identical to Assassin's Creed III gameplay, announcement of 'ground-breaking" female protagonist option.

Assassin's Creed: Second-tier Chronicles-esque title announced and dated for Summer 2015.

Another Assassin's Creed: Second-tier Chronicles-esque title announced and dated for Fall 2015.

Assassin's Creed: Third-tier mobile game title announced and available NOW!

Assassin's Creed 2016 "reveal", because otherwise we'd never know to expect it.

The Division trailer and release date announcement for March 2016, which will later be delayed until Summer 2016 and release as a huge disappointment.

Square Enix:

Deus Ex, and more Deus Ex.

Boasting about their new engine.

Final Fantasy whatever the fuck number they're on now.

Kingdom Hearts bullshit.

Nary a peep about the Hitman franchise because that's the one thing I really want to hear about from E3.

EA:

Star Wars.

Star Wars.

Star Wars.

All of the above will be extremely heavy on the nostalgia factor. John Williams theme song, Millennium Falcon, Darth Vader, Tie fighters, Boba Fett, Hoth. Another super-CG trailer for Battlefront.

Reveal of whatever Amy Hennig/Visceral's Star Wars game is, which will probably be disappointing compared to what 1313 was shaping up to potentially be.

Madden whatever, touting "game-changing" new mechanic that won't change anything. Virtual Odell Beckham catch. Gronk TD and spike celebration. MADDEN.

Bethesda:

Fallout.

Doom.

(drops mic, walks off stage.)

PC.

Video opens by slow-zooming in on the back of a chair that faces a control room. Chair turns around, and in it sits Gabe Newell. Camera quick-zooms in on his face. He says, "Three".

Everyone loses their shit.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Biggest hopes:

-Persona 5 NA release date. Further hope, that it's in 2015.

-Rock Band 4 release date.

-Fallout 4 announced.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ezekiel

Mirror's Edge trailer and release date. 2015.

We already have a release date. It's coming out in the first quarter of 2016.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Four weeks to go so I figure it's time to drop mine early for the presentations, based on rumours, industry predictions, Q&As and facts:

Sony: Outta-nowhere game-related megaton possibly resulting in drama

MS: Kiloton, but overall positive for the machine despite its sales in all but three countries in the world

Nintendo: No need for a megaton because sad people fawn over anything they do and happily buy into the Amiibo DLC system

Square-Enix: Either there or at the Sony conference there'll be a megaton for the JRPG fans

Ubi, EA, Activision: Slowly killing the industry by doing what they've done previous years-aton

I will return to this as the conferences go on.

domineeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94  Edited By domineeto

Nintendo

Least marketing garbage, shortest and sweetest "conference", new Starfox, Mario Maker, Yoshi, Xenoblade, Devil's Third, LoZ demos on Treehouse. Trailer for new Metroid OR 3D Mario game for Wii U for holiday 2016. All Pushmo games remastered for Wii U. More weird executive hijinx. Distinct lack of Gamecube era weirdness and willingness to take risks. Maybe one new IP will be announced, everything else is just sequels and spinoffs. Splatoon free maps announced and ready to download. Overall least disappointing conference.

Sony

Talk about their sales, talk about for the gamers, 1 hour on indie games no one asked for. No Man's Sky gameplay, Bloodborne DLC.Playstation Now exiting beta, no one uses it. Uncharted 4 story trailer (gameplay and AI in retail game will be dumbed down and more canned than seen in the demo, like TLoU). Destiny DLC. God of War teaser, crowd tries to hold back sighs and yawns.New DLC for The Order which adds 2 new chapters and 30 minutes of gameplay, gives true ending because RaD aren't getting the sequel they were banked on.New David Cage game sounds interesting but will be garbage, also that interactive cutscene horror game no one cares about.

Microsoft

Halo 5 campaign gameplay, ends with Chief getting pounced on by Locke in an expensive first person animation in a "gripping" and "tense" cliffhanger and some lame and overblown dialogue from Chief and Locke, 343 thinks it is cool but everyone is rolling their eyes (SO CLOSE ON THIS ONE). Minecraft Story mode comes in sometime after, has a better story than Halo 5.Kinect price drop/bundle with some new game.Livestreaming ability, new UI front end better designed for controllers, Kinect becomes more of a tool and less of a gameplay device. Battletoads revived as multiplayer TPS, Crackdown 3 gameplay shows off crazy hijinx, Rise of the Tomb raider demo in the vein of Uncharted. Quantum Break gameplay shown off, will either be really uninteresting or cool. New Gears of War teaser, crowd tries to hold back sighs and yawns. D4 season 2 announced (Swery said he will be at E3 and I don't think he has anything else on his plate).Kamiya on stage to show off Scalebound and blows every other game at E3 way out of the water, ends with an exchange between Major Nelson and Kamiya along the lines of:

"That was a true showcase of the Xbox's dedication to the gamers, and when can we expect Scalebound to hit store shelves?"

"Ask your mom"

General trends: Every game announced for 2014 is being released in late 2015. Every game announced for 2015 is moved back to late 2016 to accommodate all the games pushed back. Everyone is risk adverse, Sony may be taking the biggest risks but it is only on porting indie games from PC to PS4 and vita. VR doesn't make a splash in console gaming, Microsoft may have the best offering if you can have a big hologram of your Xbox output in your room because it doesn't require 90fps and high resolutions none of the consoles can handle. Multiplats take a bigger presence on stage.]

Edit: Overall, pretty close. Never would have expected TLG or Sony to have their two biggest games (Shenmue and FF7 not even exclusive. E3 this year is pretty lame.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think SOMA might show up at Sony's press conference. They put out trailers and a blog about it when they revealed the game, and its nearing completion so I think we could get a trailer and a release date out of Sony.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Doom is certainly getting a 2016 release date.

MrSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im looking forward to seeing microsofts as Sony is cleaning up at the moment they are going to bring it this e3. I expect exclusive gta 5 dlc ( ends up being timed) tomb raider looking awesome. Plenty of gears (new game and remastered) Halo obviously. New first party ips!

As a playstation owner I want the last guardian and gran turisimo. New: crash bandicoot, time crisis, final fantasy 7 next gen, syphon filter, jak and Daxter, onimusha, Heavenly sword, medievel and some new ips and whatever mm wants to make.

But it'll be a few new ips from their studios and a new gow no one wants.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA:

Shows the same generic bullshit they always show

Ubisoft:

Shows the same generic bullshit they always show

Sony:

Half a dozen indy titles, Uncharted 4 and another steaming batch of HD remasters

MS:

Halo 5, Fable, Quantum Break and Gears remastered

PC:

Cloud Imperium does a more in depth piece on the persistent universe in Star Citizen

Oculus does a thing

Cliff Bleszinski shows off his new game game

AMD shows off the 390x

Blizzard does more with Overwatch and HoTS

Avatar image for spencermartin94
spencermartin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By spencermartin94

Hoping for Star Wars: Battlefront gameplay to be shown by EA and Fallout 4 to be announced by Bethesda along with the showing of a new DOOM trailer.

Shame CD Projekt RED won't be making an appearance, they haven't mentioned anything about Cyberpunk 2077 since the CG trailer from 2012.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Conference public reactions (ie, ranking)

1. Bethesda - Fallout seems to be the main game-of-the-show contender this year
  2. Microsoft - They really have to bring it this show
  3. EA - Mass Effect *crosses fingers*
  4. Sony - I think they play it safe this year. Barely any Morpheus, low-tier announcements, no P5 release date and no TLG. (if I'm wrong, I'll be so happy)
  5. Nintendo - No Zelda, but who knows, they could surprise?
  6. Ubisoft - The Division will be a big focus even though it's 2016
  7. Square - Their western devs will take the lead, but square always knows how to stick the knife into the backs of fans. They'll find a way to do it again this year in spite of how good some of their games look.

The PC conference is going to be a total wildcard. No clue what's going to happen there.