how will you be watching e3

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rkofan87

i will be watching ign and then the gb talk overs and live shows how about you?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will be watching the press conferences here on Giant Bomb with the team talking over them, and then I'll get my news from a couple of different sites, primarily GameInformer and Gamespot (and here of course).

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you need to have a membership in order to watch on GB? will the event get any coverage on twitch? Does anyone have a schedule so I can see when is everyhting happening?

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be at work, so I'll watch the GB archives.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This. I'll be able to catch Bethesda live on Sunday and then the Sony presser (and maybe part of Ubisoft) live on Monday because I'm on the East Coast.

I was thinking about this earlier: Why aren't these press conferences on the weekend? Isn't the entire point to generate buzz? Wouldn't that be better achieved if they occurred while the lion share of consumers were actually available to watch? This seems incredibly obvious to me. Am I missing something? The only reason I can see is that the industry doesn't want to work on a weekend, but I think that excuse is super lame.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frymillstrum

Do you need to have a membership in order to watch on GB? will the event get any coverage on twitch? Does anyone have a schedule so I can see when is everyhting happening?

The front page of GB has a schedule dude.... All for free

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gutted that I will be missing the major conferences as either the timing for the UK will be too early in the morning or I will be getting off from work and be on the train home.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Imma watch the conferences raw, without any commentary.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will catch all of GB talking over stuff as I can, I love the reveals of E3 but hate the actual conferences it's usually so phony and awkward that I need my GB guys talking over them so it's at least entertaining. My internet is not always great for live stuff but if I can catch them all live, then all the better.

@raspharus: I think the guys are using the YouTube player this year? So I think you can either watch it on the front page of GB or go to their YouTube account and watch stuff there.

I like watching their stuff on GB itself, with the chat you know it's filled with mostly fans and therefore not a stomping ground of assholes, YouTubes chat? I mean... it's not the worst I suppose but there are some nasty people so why bother when the alternative is so much better.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly in retrospect. Work hours mean I'll probably catch EA and Ubisoft's conferences so the others will be on catch-up. Meanwhile I'll dive deep into the GB podcasts whilst at work and catch some Gamespot stage demos.

Flay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be busy, so I'll have to watch the archives. Will the chat be archived anywhere?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I probably won't, I'm too cynical for that stuff these days. :(

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might be able to see the Bethesda show live, but all of Monday's confrences will be viewed in archive since I'll be at work until late evening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch the conferences without commentary and I'll probably have the Gamespot stage up while it's on. The only thing I'm sure of is where I'm watching the conferences. Does Gametrailers still have really good quality streams or has Twitch and/or Youtube and/or someone else surpassed them at this point?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Kinda Funny X Gamespot and Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giantbomb and Gamespot.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll watch them on here with no commentary during the parts I'm interested in and with commentary for stuff I don't care about.

This is probably the first time I will miss the Sony/late streams in a long time since it's just too late for me to stay up this year.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not watching them live. Gamersyde will be my first source for HD videos and forums will be my source for news and any interesting videos I miss.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch the majority of the conferences with the Giant Bomb streams getting their reactions. The only exception to that is the Sony conference. The majority of my gaming is on Playstation platforms so it's naturally the one I'm most interested in. As such I'll be watching a raw feed of that conference as I feel like thats how I'll be most excited about any announcements.

When all is said and done I don't know why I'm so excited to watch them all. I'm pretty sick of hearing about games which are 18+ months away from being released. The real interest for me is in getting release dates and demos of games we will see before the end of the year.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch the conferences without commentary and I'll probably have the Gamespot stage up while it's on. The only thing I'm sure of is where I'm watching the conferences. Does Gametrailers still have really good quality streams or has Twitch and/or Youtube and/or someone else surpassed them at this point?

gt is not doing the raw feed this year so i say youtube or twitch i am doing ign on youtube and after its all over the gb talk overs and live shows have fun all.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23 chaser324  Moderator

GB chat. All day. All night.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By probablytuna

I'll be able to watch the GB press conference live streams but I'll sadly miss the late night panels during the official E3 days.

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jaymii

I'll be avoiding news (read: spoilers) until Tuesday, then I'm watching GB talk over all the conferences with a few buddies. Hopefully getting the links to the archives without catching the big buzz is fairly easy.

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128 said:

@morningstar said:

This. I'll be able to catch Bethesda live on Sunday and then the Sony presser (and maybe part of Ubisoft) live on Monday because I'm on the East Coast.

I was thinking about this earlier: Why aren't these press conferences on the weekend? Isn't the entire point to generate buzz? Wouldn't that be better achieved if they occurred while the lion share of consumers were actually available to watch? This seems incredibly obvious to me. Am I missing something? The only reason I can see is that the industry doesn't want to work on a weekend, but I think that excuse is super lame.

I think you have to bear in mind what E3 actually is. It's work/business and that normally happens on working days.

E3 is an industry event where publishers, game developers, retail, distribution etc. all plan for the year ahead. All the stakeholders, game devs showing their games to prospective publishers, game journalists reporting on the upcoming titles, publishers doing deals with distribution and retail etc. It's not really for the fans/gamers at all - that's just an offshoot of it's primary purpose.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill probably watch the live streams on gameinformer, will check out gb livestream aswell but they tend to be so down on stuff its a bit of a bummer, hopefully Dan can chirp them up a bit.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TerminatorZ

I will be watching the press conferences here on Giant Bomb with the team talking over them

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw. Then catch up with GB talkovers later.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rejizzle

I'll watch them Vanilla day of, then watch Giant Bomb talking over, maybe some Gametrailers coverage as well.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128 said:

@morningstar said:

I think you have to bear in mind what E3 actually is. It's work/business and that normally happens on working days.

E3 is an industry event where publishers, game developers, retail, distribution etc. all plan for the year ahead. All the stakeholders, game devs showing their games to prospective publishers, game journalists reporting on the upcoming titles, publishers doing deals with distribution and retail etc. It's not really for the fans/gamers at all - that's just an offshoot of it's primary purpose.

That may be what it started as, but I have a hard time seeing that as it's primary purpose anymore. The press conferences announce some of the biggest titles in gaming and are broadcast internationally for consumers. National newspapers cover the damn thing. It may have been designed as a B2B event but it has decidedly become much more than that and they should adapt accordingly.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda's live with gb. Working 10 hours tomorrow, so probably nothing. Breakfast with giantbomb and Nintendo.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't really watch E3, way too much filler and middle aged men being boring. I kinda just wait for articles to update and then watch the trailers, etc, there. I'll probably do the same this year.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Gamespots live stream is on chat when GB isn't live, it was like that last year if I remember correctly. So, I'll probably shove that on if and when I can.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Substance_D

Mostly like the GB "talk over" streams unless they talk so much that I'm unable to hear anything the presenters are saying, but that didn't seem to be an issue in previous years. The conferences are pretty boring without it, so I wouldn't really mind if they talked over that anyway.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody know if they(GB) will be live streaming on Twitch for the press conferences? Last year they did, but not sure for this year. I ask because I will be at work tonight and tomorrow, and the twitch app actually worked pretty well (better than GB's site on my SG3 through the mobile Chrome browser).

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kasaioni

I will watch Giant Bomb talk over all the conferences sans the Metal Gear trailer. But I work on a late shift, so I'll have to watch archives of everything.