Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Congrats to @aether951 for winning the Microsoft banner contest. ozone nearly won again with his "Please Try Again" banner, but took 2nd here. And brickroad's flaming Hank Scorpio banner took 3rd.

The Official E3 2017 MICROSOFT Discussion

All the flops.
All the flops.

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2017 and You! thread.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Microsoft Xbox press conference. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

No Caption Provided

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

Sunday, June 11 @ 2:00 PM PDT - Galen Center (Your Local Time)

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MindBullet

Xbox is in a position where it could really punch back and make a statement this year. Either they'll introduce the Scorpio at a decent price (which Geoff Keighley just leaked on Twitter that the plan is $499) with a bunch of cool new games/features/whatever and put the focus on the stuff they've been doing quietly since last year that's building up momentum, or they'll double down on "Windows 10 gaming" and trying to sell Scorpio by showing how pretty Gears of War or w/e looks on it.

I really hope it's the former, but I have a feeling we'll see more of the latter than you'd think.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AlvaroFAraujo

I'm Worried about Microsoft press conference. As Jeff said multiple times, this year Microsoft has a lot to explanation to do in terms of console and tech. Since Scorpio is due to release this year, they need software to come out with it, I just hope its first party isnt focused on another Halo remake or Crackdown.

From what i perceived from the EA press conference, they announced new trailers for ANTHEM and NFL at the MS press conference. And this is where I worry. If Microsoft had new IPs (multiple) or new sequels, paired with the Scorpio presentation, it should fill in the slot of time they have for the press conference, and since they are giving EA a slot of their time, maybe they aren't that prepared on the first party side.

By the way did you guys noticed that on the last ANTHEM shot, it says it's pre-alpha footage, but also that 4K gameplay was not available for all platforms. Does this mean Microsoft has the 4K resolution as an exclusive?

EDIT: Then again MS third party line-up might prove to be strong.

This is just before the press conference

Angry-Moose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Angry-Moose

Imagine a world where there is console exclusive resolutions...

I wouldn't put it past them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpio's price is apparently 499 USD.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePanzini

If Scorpio's 499 USD Sony will be laughing their heads off, knowing its gonna to be a long show it'll be interesting to see how hard they push 4K which just like VR seems to be impossible, selling basically something most veiwers can't see.

HotSaucerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"And this year you will finally be able to play Cuphead... today!!" This would be nice.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hyped right now actually, if the apparent leak of Ori and the Will of the Wisps is real.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ir0n: Pretty much what I expected. They've been positioning it as a premium product all this past year so it makes sense. I think $449 would have made the blow a little softer though

HotSaucerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgfather said:

Really hyped right now actually, if the apparent leak of Ori and the Will of the Wisps is real.

That would be great. I just finished Ori and the Blind Forest a week or two ago. Awesome game in it's own right, and also one of the few games I don't mind listening to podcasts to. Any voice acting or dialogue stuff and I just can't do it.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@omgfather: @hotsaucerman: I'm still trying to get through the first game. I really like how it looks and sounds, and even how it controls. But I can only play it for 30-60 minutes at a time because of how difficult the platforming is before getting frustrated. I have the Definitive Edition, so I can put it on easy, but I'm pretty sure that only adjusts health and damage numbers.

I hope the sequel takes the difficulty more into account. I'd still be interested in another game if it was a little easier overall, or the easy setting took into account the platforming and somehow made it more forgiving.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

$500 is kinda too much. Even $450 would somehow seem like a less bitter pill to swallow but when you got a PS4 Pro that has better exclusives and basically does, more or less, the same thing? For way less? I dunno looks like a tough sell.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MindBullet

@humanity: Maybe you don't understand. The Xbox Scorpio is the most powerful console ever. The most powerful console ever.

They are giving these shirts away to everyone at the conference

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It seems like Microsoft does do the most in terms of trying to get the crowd into it. Like when they gave away Xbox 360 S consoles to everyone in attendance.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mindbullet: Thats just marketing guys doing marketing stuff. I mean it's weird for you and me but people who deal in terms of engagement and brand recognizability etc etc live in a completely different world.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angry-moose: Do you mean manufactured resolution limits if you're not on a specific console? Because the PC already had that nailed for a while.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X Box One X aka the X.B.O.X..... I am not confused at all i swear!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By whitegreyblack

I'd have preferred it be the Xbox OBX, (XBOXOBX)

Fuck yes, Xbox Original backwards compatibility.

Too bad about the $499USD price for the X, but it's expected. I predict $700 Canuckbucks, which is just too much right now (edit: I was wrong! $600CAD).

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

XBox One X.

No, Microsoft. No. Tell your marketing guys to stop coming up with gimmick names. This is approaching Wii-U stupidity.

HotSaucerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$671.00 CAD

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I know this is going to make me sound like an old man, but remember when Bioware used to make RPGs? Now I guess they are making bootleg Destiny.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good conference overall to be honest. Got their stuff in at the start, then just dropped a bunch of trailers and finished off with some more emphasis on backwards compatibility.

The only thing is... There were only 2 or 3 actual exclusives? I figured that was the number one thing to look for this year, and they didn't really have it. Seems like they really want to lean on the "most powerful console ever" bit and hope that's enough to sell it to people with 4k TVs.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good conference, but it seems like my Xbone is gonna remain the "play 3-5 games per year" box. Also, it would be really funny if Anthem comes out and just outdoes Destiny 2 drastically.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DinosaurCanada
ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ThePanzini

Well paced conference showing a diverse lineup but not alot of exclusive content mostly debuts and 499 ouch, CD3 barely shown not looking great too and State of Decay 2 was quite choppy. Really happy to see Metro back Assasins Creed look surprisingly good wanting to see more from Anthem.

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sold on the XBOXX, especially at that $500 price point for launch.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good conference, but I still don't see myself buying an Xbox.

The Last Knight was really the only exclusive that got me legitimately hyped.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quite liked the show, as I prefer shows that are jam-packed with games and not a lot of talking. But I got a bit tired of them using 'launch exclusive' as some kind smoke and mirrors argument to go Xbox. I know, everyone use it, but it feels so hollow because it just doesn't mean anything. That being said, there were a handful of games that looked interesting and I wish I had more game playing friends/Xbox friends for that Sea of Thieves game, that looks potentially really quite fun.. also that wather though. I'll reserve total judgement until I see a list of actual exclusives vs multi platform though. Also, 499 for that new console is going to be pretty pricy here where I'm at and I am not really sure a few exclusives is worth that price of admission. Though I am not going to lie, I almost felt like going 4K. Not that my tv is anywhere near having to be replaced.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

games looked great, but $500 is just too rich for my blood.

i actually don't mind the name though..1x abbreviates nicely.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One step closer to Jet Set Radio Future

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing jumped out at me in a console-selling way. I think I'm starting to get a little jaded. I'm sick of realistic looking worlds and scale because we've been able to do that for years. I was more impressed with takedowns in Need for Speed. And I can get Tacoma on PC.

Microsoft naming conventions have gone beyond an in-house joke. Windows 1, 2, 3, 95, 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10. Xbox, 360, ONE, X.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a pretty solid, games-packed press conference overall. As someone who never owned an Xbox One, it doesn't make me want a One X at all, but it certainly makes me want an S. For my interests (which typically aren't as Western-focused as Microsoft usually is) they've finally made a really convincing case for their library of games overall.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, they showed a lot of cool looking games. Sea of Thieves, Ashen, The Last Night, Mordor 2, Metro, they all looked great to me. Cuphead finally has a release date!

Also, thank god someone finally noticed that original Xbox exclusives are worth getting out there. Crimson Skies is a great start, hopefully Jet Set Radio Future and Kingdom Under Fire make their way eventually. They're really doing good work with their backwards compatibility stuff.

Problem is that there is no way in hell I'd pay $600 CAD (probably more) to get a Xbox One X at this point. If Sony drops the price of the pro pretty much at all, and has their usual strong list of true exclusives (not just console exclusives), I can't see this turning things around that much. They are definitely on the right track now, but it feels like too little too late.

It's this weird situation where I really appreciate what Microsoft is doing with making their games more available to people, their games coming to the pc, their backwards compatibility stuff, but really it just gives me no reason to ever buy their hardware.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mems1224

Definitely getting the X. Lots of cool games showed at the conference so overall I was pretty happy with what I saw.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the press conference but I was disappointed they didn't have at least one new AAA exclusive to show. I love Dragon Ball, but I was sad that, that was the rumored game Phil Spencer went all the way to Japan to check out, I was praying it was a new Ninja Gaiden or something new lol. Original Xbox stuff is cool, but I would've preferred a new AAA exclusive.

I'm intrigued by Sea of Thieves but, I still can't tell if it's going to be good or not. State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3 and Forza 7 all look great. 3rd party stuff looked cool, I'm really looking forward to Anthem. Most of the indie stuff just looked 'ok' to me.

They didn't sell me on the Xbox One X with what they showed this e3, but I'll probably get it anyways if there's good trade in deals.

Overall it was a good conference, but I just thought it was odd that they were advertising this 'premium' console along with a ton of indies without a new AAA exclusive.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

499 is too much especially for me without an xbone to trade in for a diacount. Games looked good though but 60fps wasnt mentioned so basically paying double for more thab likely the same performance with higher res(especially if games force supersampling). It may have sold me on a one s though as i probably need a 4k blueray player and they are about that price.

Double price of a oneS is a hard sell at this point to me, especially without many exclusives worth getting.

AutoBarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know the name of the song used in this part of the presentation?

Loading Video...

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know which thread to put this in, but I'm confused on why EA delayed showing Anthem until Microsoft's presser. I didn't see MS' s "exclusive" remark beforehand. Maybe they wanted to show off their new title in the best light they could? It's really weird.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burncoat: I'm guessing it's because the MS conference reaches more people and it's the first time we're seeing games running on the 1X

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mems1224 said:

Definitely getting the X. Lots of cool games showed at the conference so overall I was pretty happy with what I saw.

On board as well, felt like Microsoft really knocked it out of the park.

Huginrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having trouble talking about the xboxx, especially to people that does not follow gaming news. Saying xbox makes no sense but saying xbox x becomes xbock sex. That new xbox with the 4k stuff also does not work as the xbox s has 4k stuff and is relatively new. Xbox [pause] x is awkward to say as well... Alternatively i could say xboxsxsxsxs. There is also a lot of people that goes: Xbox x? thats the new xbone that came out a while ago right?

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely some cool games, backwards compatibility is great. No real interest in the new system until I get a 4K TV and even then I'll be waiting to see how well it works. Overall a very good showing though, as my interest in what's on the platform has definitely increased.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I find the $499 price high it seems an ok value compared to say the Switch at $299 since it is much more capable and has far more content to play. Of course that really only comes into play if 1) You don't have an Xbox already and 2) you own or are soon buying a 4k tv. I'm not sure if I'll buy one since I have an original Xbox 1 and no plans to buy a 4k tv anytime soon. I also have a PC capable of playing those games at 3440x1440 on my monitor.

I did think it was a good press conference from Microsoft with some games I'd like to play.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huginrin said:

I am having trouble talking about the xboxx, especially to people that does not follow gaming news. Saying xbox makes no sense but saying xbox x becomes xbock sex. That new xbox with the 4k stuff also does not work as the xbox s has 4k stuff and is relatively new. Xbox [pause] x is awkward to say as well... Alternatively i could say xboxsxsxsxs. There is also a lot of people that goes: Xbox x? thats the new xbone that came out a while ago right?

I don't know why you don't mention calling it the Xbox 1X or just the 1X, I mean apple phones are usually called by the 5 or 5s or 5 plus. Alternatively you could just go by price and say the $500 one is faster/more powerful than the $250 one and anyone not following gaming news can figure out which one is which.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By TheHT

That was a pretty great showing from Microsoft!

Biggest standouts were The Last Night (oh my god), Anthem, and the new Metro game. Crackdown look surprisingly... old gen?

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By xymox

I'm kind of surprised about people reacting to the price so negatively. Five hundred bucks for 4K@60FPS? Uuh, yes, that seems to me like an absolutely reasonable price.

I thought the new name was dumb, but fine. The next one better be called Xbox One X1 or I will be disappointed.

Also, if they've figured out how to do OG Xbox emulation, they 100% need to bring Xbox backwards compatibility to Windows 10, like ASAP.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I think the price on the One X is fine, for what you're getting. That said, it does push it out of my price range for the time being - I'm just about to get the 4K TV and a PS4 Pro, and there's only enough left in my budget for a One S, so I'll have to look at moving to the X at some point down the road instead. At least the One S will still offer some 4K functionality for my new TV in the form of 4K Blu-Rays (which I still can't believe Sony omitted from PS4 Pro).

Seeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@xymox:

Personally, I'm hoping for the next one to be the Xbox One X 3 so we can finally officially start calling this thing the XBOX 3.

Also, backwards compatibility is a great feature, though there are honestly very few games from the original which I care about. Maybe Panzer Dragoon Orta?