• 140 results
Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathstriker

The one exclusion to this is if the game was just barely teased like Elder Scrolls or Starfield.

I'm curious what games most people are excited for that was shown at E3. I'd be surprised if Cyberpunk wasn't the overwhelming favorite. It being first person doesn't bother me at all, but being able to toggle between first and third would be ideal, since I'd care more about the character I created looks and clothes in 3rd person. Ghosts of Tsushima blew me away, it's probably so high on my list because I wasn't expecting it. I've been on the bandwagon of saying Assassins Creed should go to Japan and it look like they got beat to the punch.

1. Ghosts of Tsushima

2. Cyberpunk 2077

3. Beyond Good & Evil 2

4. The Last of Us 2

I would say Spider-Man, but it's so close that I can wait.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreams.

Eroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eroq

Cyberpunk because everything points to that game being entirely up my alley.

Sekiro, because that game looks nasty. If it has the deliberate combat of a souls game but more movement options thanks to the bone-grappling hook thing, than that sounds really fun.

Metro Exodus, I thought that trailer looked really strong, and have a soft spot for Metro 2033.

Anthem, because destiny but with flying mechs sounds alright by me.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By SMTDante89

I'm going to list things that don't have solid release dates yet.

Devil May Cry 5

Twin Mirror

Sekiro

Ghost of Tsushima

Edit: Having two samurai style games might be a bit tiring so if I were to swap one for a different game, I'd swap Sekiro for either Beyond Good & Evil 2 or Dying Light 2. If I were to pick one that really just had a small teaser, it would be Battletoads (seriously) for a smaller game that can also be played co-op with friends.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What you picked op, agreed, except Forza Horizons 4 in place of Ghosts. And I can't help but mention, my fifth would be Dying Light 2.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk

I've been anxiously waiting for this game since before the first trailer was released. Getting teased by the trailer and hearing the rave reactions to the demo has only made me more eager to get my hands on it.

Actual 4:

Cyberpunk

Ghost of Tsushima

Anthem (Only after hearing Austin and Patrick praise the game. Prior to that, I had no expectations from bioware in putting out a compelling product.)

Battlefield 5

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cerberus3dog
  1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Halo Infinite Ghost of Tsushima
  3. Beyond Good & Evil 2
  4. Sekiro

I can wait for Last of Us, Spider-Man, and AC Odyssey because I feel like I know what those are gonna be.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There seems to be a decently large consensus here. Do I need ALL of the japanese samurai/ninja games on my list? Probably not(will I eventually get them all? Absolutely). How much do I want to play Death Stranding and how much do I just want weird trailers for several more years? I just played half my allotted time in the Octopath Traveler demo, but it's out in a month. That seems soon but also that game seems unique and fun and now I can only play 90 more minutes in the next 30 days, so maybe not that soon. Do I feel bad for indie titles so far in these lists? Lol a little. Let's say...

Cyberpunk

Sekiro

Death Stranding

Control

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WheresDerrick

Cyberpunk, even though I didn't care for the Witcher series, the setting and it being first person has me very intrigued.

Metro Exodus, I've loved the other ones, and this one being more open 'world' sounds great

Control, Quantum Break but fun? Yes please

Doom Eternal, More Doom

Project724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Ghost of Tsushima

2. Cyberpunk

3. RE2

4. AC: Odyssey

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jkz
  1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Sekiro
  3. Ghosts of Tsushima
  4. Control

I have a feeling Sekiro and Tsushima are going to be pretty distinct experiences, even if there's an overlap in setting (and I've played like 10 games in high-fantasy settings in the past year, so I can't see two being too exhaustive of the subject-matter). TW3 might be my favorite game ever, so I'm into pretty much anything CDPR puts out next; helps that everything I've seen & heard of Cyberpunk sounds fantastic already. As for Control, frankly, I just have a super soft-spot for remedy (even if Quantum Break was mad disappointing), and I still have faith that they'll deliver something compelling. Tons of honorable mentions, but those are the 4 I'd pick off the top of my head.

Also, while it doesn't quite count, Red Dead 2 would be 2nd/3rd on that list if it were eligible.

Jacrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jacrispy

1 : Cyberpunk 77

2 : Horizon 4

3 : TLU pt 2

4 : Ghost of Tsushima

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stonyman65
  1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Resident Evil 2 Remake
  3. Fallout 76
  4. Division 2
ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

1. Cyberpunk 2077

2. The Last of Us 2

3. AC Odyssey

4. Anthem

Cyberpunk and The Last of Us are no-brainers, they were my most anticipated games before E3, and they remain so. They both look fantastic and are coming from two of the best developers in the industry. The Witcher 3 and The Last of Us are both in my top 5 games of all time, so to say I'm hyped for the next game from each of those developers is an understatement.

AC Odyssey was a huge surprise for me. I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game since AC3, but everything they're doing with Odyssey is right up my alley. The focus on story and the ability to role play your character with dialogue choices are basically two of my favorite things in games. I know Origins took some steps away from the AC formula and more towards RPG, but Odyssey seems to be going even further in that direction, which is nothing but great as far as I'm concerned.

For the fourth spot I was torn between Anthem and Dying Light 2. I ended up putting Anthem because it's a game I've had my eye on since it was announced. I love Bioware games and I played 2000 hours of Destiny, so it seems like a combination of two things I really enjoy. The EA conference presentation didn't blow me away, but the overwhelming majority of people at E3 that got hands on with it have been very positive, so that eased some trepidation I had. As for Dying Light 2, I didn't even play the first one so it wasn't on my radar at all prior to E3. However, the combination of focus on storytelling and meaningful choice, along with Chris Avellone's involvement, has catapulted that game to near the top of my list of games to look forward to.

Of course there are many more games of E3 that I am almost certainly planning on buying when they release, but these are the ones I'd most want to play immediately.

LegendarySquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sekiro

Cuphead DLC

Doom Eternal

Trials Rising

Nioh 2 and DMC 5 almost made the cut, but variety is the spice of life.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd honestly agree to never play any other games shown at this E3 for my entire life to play Cyberpunk right now, assuming it was magically in the state CDPR wants it on release.

But there were a lot of good lookin' games at E3, so a proper list would be

1) Cyberpunk

2) Ghosts of Tsushima (Though the English VO was totally mood killing)

3) The Last of Us 2 (Though I'm still not sold it needed to exist)

4) Beyond Good & Evil 2 (Though it's not at all what I was hoping for)

So I'm excited to play a lot of games, but I have a lot of caveats and doubts about things. I want to think Anthem will be good, but I don't care for Bioware or Destiny style games. I'm interested in Spiderman from a Insomniac is dope perspective, but I don't actually care for the character all that much. Sekiro looked very neat. But if it is a Soulsish game, I don't think I can do another one of those right now. Starfield is cool as a concept of Bethesda's formula but in space, but Cyberpunk I think has taken all the wind out of every future RPGs sails.

All in all though, I'm positive on the state of gaming right now!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

Cyberpunk 2077

Metro Exodus

Octopath Traveler

Ghosts of Tsushima

2019 and 2020 might be fucking incredible, video game wise.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By FacelessVixen

Haven't watched much of anyone's E3 coverage yet, but here is my list nonetheless:

1. Cyberpunk 2077: I like the newer Deus Ex games well enough, especially Human Revolution, but being my own character in an open sci-fi world that isn't Fallout is great. I can see myself spending hundreds of hours in this game.

2. Kingdom Hearts III: I've been following the series since 2004 or 05. I just gotta know how this ends, even though I now have to buy a PS4 to do so. So after about 14 years or at least waiting from KHII's release to finally play KHIII, my expectations are high in that playing the games release in between II and III was worth it and that III ends the saga conclusively, especially since it's essentially my only reason for getting a new console since PC has had me covered since 2015.

3. Doom Eternal: 'Cause DOOM (2016) is in my top five of favorite games of this generation, and more of that sounds pretty awesome. Edit 6/20/2018: Actually, Beyond Good & Evil 2 looks very interesting. Yeah, it's a long ways off, but DOOM is kinda just DOOM at the end of the day, and I can satiate my fix for a new one by playing an older one. So, BGaE2 gets my third pick while Doom Eternal gets an honorable mention.

4. Devil May Cry 5: Devil May Cry 3 is my favorite game on the PS2, and I just remembered that all of Devil May Cry is on PC nowadays. I've got some catching up to do since I never finished DmC, but I'm down for another entry in my favorite hack 'n' slash series.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1. Cyberpunk 2077

2. Ghost of Tsushima

3. The Last of Us 2

4. Metro Exodus

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Fallout 76
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sable

There is a lot of other stuff that looks super interesting, but these are the top of the list. I'm more intrigued by Fallout 76 and worried that it's going to be a disaster. Sable looks like something I just want to experience and melt into, all style. Kingdom Hearts III is nostalgic for me and I think it looks better and better the more I see of it. And Cyberpunk 2077 just looks cool as heck, but it's probably a long way off. But man, it looks amazing.

Sinreaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

1. Cyberpunk 2077, number 1 by a mile, shot up to my most anticipated game, probably gonna play the witcher 3 again just to make my jitters go away

2. Last of Us 2, follow up to one of my favorite games of all time yes please

3. Anthem, The last two were a bit harder to clamp down, I have been burned by these live games time and time again, but my love of mechs and how impressive it looks it earns a spot on my list

4.Sekiro, almost picked Tsushima but I think I enjoy From a bit more than Sucker Punch, so that puts it on top

Honorable mentions: Tsushima, DMC5, Octopath, Nioh 2

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Give me Ghosta of Tsushima, give me Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, give me Deamon Ex Machina, give me Anthem!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Hayt

Cyberpunk 2077 because I'd love to know more about the RPG end of things such as how the character creation and skill systems go. The PNP game it is based on had some interesting less traditional player options like Musician and Corporate so I'd be curious if those make it in.

Doom Eternal for the sheer joy of it. The last one was stupidly good and barring a total fuckup I'm sure that this one will be too.

Battlefield V because there is so much unknown about many aspects of that game. Can I set skins based on map/country or do I need to change skins from Snow to Grass camo as the maps change. How are archtypes unlocked and how many are there? How much can you change them? A lot of nity gritty I'd love to know.

Wolfenstein Youngblood because I am worried about it. This new Wolfenstein series was something no one expected to be good but it has defied expectation at every turn. This newest has my faith a bit shaken in that it doesn't seem to be following on nicely with what Wolfenstein II set up. I also don't want to play it co-op so is it going to be a lesser experience? All this and more I'd love to know.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Dying Light 2

Smah Bros Ultimate

something else i think

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk2077

Dying Light 2

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Anthem

Honorable 5th place mention: Gears Tactics (I'm a real sucker for XCOM-style games).

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Resident Evil 2 remake
  3. Fire Emblem: Two Houses
  4. Devil May Cry 5

I dunno, I feel like this is a pretty decent spread of my tastes. If this E3 is anything to go by, I think early 2019 is going to give early 2017 a run for its money.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. Cyberpunk 2077

2. Last of Us 2

3. Sekiro

4. Dying Light 2

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Cyberpunk
  • Fallout
  • Ori
  • Skull and Bones

There are other games like Anthem, Beyond Good and Evil and Doom that I'm very interested in as well, but they're more unknown quantities. The four I picked I'm fairly certain what I'd be getting and believe I would enjoy them.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk

Sekiro

Dying Light 2

Halo Infinite

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#33  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm going to limit myself to games that actually had something approaching "real" gameplay footage, because otherwise this list would be dominated by Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.

1) Dying Light 2

2) Dragon Quest XI

3) Anthem

4) Fallout 76

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luchalma said:

2) Ghosts of Tsushima (Though the English VO was totally mood killing)

Well, you'll have the option to play with japanese VO and subtitles. While it sounded fine to me and as someone that watches anime and foreign films, I enjoy anime honestly either way(not english for old stuff) but foreign films in original language only. I think I'm going to go with my foreign film outlook on this one. It feels like the game is trying to be so authentic, for a video game atleast, that it'll work out better.

In a Remember Me thread some people were saying they played with French on. That sounds neat too.

Is it weird to hear accents from almost every single person on the e3 stage, but all their games have english VO first and foremost and maybe they'll have something else optionally? I feel like for games that can be authentic, it might be fun to change up languages when I play them.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Devil May Cry, Doom, Halo, and Control.

And like 10 others.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Sekiro
  3. Harold Halibut

Only other is Elder Scrolls VI to be honest. Everything else I'm fine with the wait.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Halo: Infinite

Gears Tactics

DMC 5

Cyberpunk

Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Test

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Devil May Cry and Cyberpunk are the ones I'm chomping at the bit for. Other games like Sekiro and DOOM I would like to play, but they can wait.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Hearts 3

Devil May Cry 5

Cyberpunk 2077

Don't really have a fourth to be honest. Other stuff looked cool but it's a pretty steep drop off after that.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't watched all of the press conferences or release trailers yet, but my list would tentatively be (in no particular order):

• Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
  • Spider-Man
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (I just gotta know...)
  • Overcooked 2 Babylon's Fall

There's a few games that I omitted from the list that I'd be interested in, but are not on the list for various reasons. I'd like to play TLoU2 but I imagine it plays pretty closely to TLoU1, which I have yet to finish. Anthem seems real cool, but might just be another Destiny with hopefully better storytelling. Curious about Cyberpunk, but the Witcher didn't really grab me (might try it again and give it more time) so I'm unsure of it.

Only one I'm kinda sad to leave off the list is Ghosts of Sushima, because it looked cool, but the siren's call of the other games is stronger. Also, I must confess that I haven't watched the Ubisoft conference yet, so the list omits their games but not because I want to.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Control

2. Cyberpunk 2077

3. DMC 5

4. Spider-Man

There’s a lot more, but those were the first ones that came to mind...and from those I’d pick Spider-Man for my summer vacation, because it seems like the perfect pick for it.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gunflame88

1. Yep, it's Cyberpunk 2077. At this point, my hopes for this game is that it will increase the popularity of the cyberpunk genre in general, because I love cyberpunk and people don't appreciate it enough.

2. Doom Eternal. 2016 reboot was exhilarating, so I'm absolutely down for more.

3. Metro Exodus. Just replayed Last Light and had great fun with it.

4. Sekiro. It's From on PC, so I gotta play it.

These four are very promising, but otherwise this was a lackluster E3.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - We know very little about this game, but the concept gives me the gamer horn.

2. Beyond Good and Evil 2 - Basically the same as Cyberpunk.

3. Elder Scrolls VI - Again, we know nothing, but ES is my favourite series and I would like nothing more than an up-to-date entry.

4. Elder Scrolls: Blades - It won't be an amazing game, compared to others that we saw, but I'd take a watered down Elder Scrolls that you can play on the toilet.

There are about a dozen games that were shown at E3 that I want to play, or just know more about. Some were only shown with a logo or CGI trailer, but there's no shame in getting excited about a concept or new entry in a series you like.

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Tetris Effect

2. Sekiro

3. Cyberpunk 2077

4. Ghosts of Tsushima

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Elder Scrolls VI - which you’ve ruled out, but is the only thing I really got excited about.

2. Death Stranding - more out of curiosity than anything else to be honest.

4. Ori - loved the first one and the follow up looks good.

5 - Sea of Solitude - Don’t know if it’s actually for me or not, but that developer had so much passion, I think it would be sad not to take a proper look.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Sable, Control, Fire Emblem, Bloodstained, if I had to pick four

Actually scratch Bloodstained, I think I can wait for that one, I'm picking Forza

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

067 089 066 069 082 080 085 078 075