A suggestion

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

The ability to add text to a wiki article that only editors can see. This is so that, if you change something on a page for some reason, but somebody doesn't like your edit, you can explain your reasoning on the page as to why you edited it (but it won't show up publically).

I also had another suggestion, but while writing my first one I had a pretty major brainfart, so that's gone and I'm struggling to remember what it was.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Kyle

Ever think of watching the wiki editing tutorial video?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

That's only viewable by the mod handling your submission and people who look at your Pending Subs page. Most people will not see those comments.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA
LordAndrew said:
"That's only viewable by the mod handling your submission and people who look at your Pending Subs page. Most people will not see those comments."
I think he means text in the editing area that shows up explaining why something was changed.
Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kyle

ok i think i understand it a little more. I guess he means an editting note that would be permanent so that if another user came along and was like "this is wrong" or like "that's stupid" or something and tried to change it again, the mod would see the note from the previous edit explaining why it should stay there. I guess that makes sense, but I can't imagine how it owuld be implemented. If these edit notes continued to stay on the page over time, the article would just eventually be like 10,000 pages of mod notes from every single edit or something or something every time they were approving a new edit.

Then again, that actually sounds like something the mod would just do themselves if they feel it's necesary to have a note on a page. And there's probably already some kind of equivalent in some form. And if not, then yeah, i guess maybe there should be. I don't know, at some point I think the pages just speak for themselves. I don't know how neccesary a permanent note log for edits is.

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

Well, Wikipedia allows you to insert non-public-viewable text in to articles. Like, let's say I edit one section of an article - about a game's plot, or something, because I don't think it sounds right.

On Wikipedia, in the section for the article, I can put a little

<!-- Editing this because of XYZ  -->

When somebody else pops the editor open, they will see my comment in the plot section - but it doesn't show up on the public version of the article. It is only visible when you edit the article, not when you read the article. This makes it easier to show non-moderators why you may have edited a particular section.