Are the existing guides completely gone?

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

I created a handful of guides on the old site, one of which was apparently accessed quite a bit.Are they completely gone now, or have they just not been ported over to the new site yet?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Guides weren't automatically carried over. You should ask @lordandrew, I believe he's archived many of the guides from the old site.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SexyToad

If lordandrew doesn't have yours, try getting it through an archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130116021924/http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/

This was of earlier this month.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Aishan

Looking through the archives that @sexytoad just posted, it actually seems that all three are intact:

Fallout 3: Melee Guide

Geometry Wars 2

Oblivion: Building a Mage

Should be simple enough getting them back into the system on this side, though with the unified guide system you may want to see what other people are doing with the Oblivion and FO3 guides before adding them in. A section on character builds in both those games would probably be a pretty good addition.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I intend to strip the data to just the guide content and author info, but yes I do have access to all guides. The only guides that are lost are the ones that were never made public.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By skrutop

@aishan

said:

Looking through the archives that @sexytoad just posted, it actually seems that all three are intact:

Fallout 3: Melee Guide

Geometry Wars 2

Oblivion: Building a Mage

Should be simple enough getting them back into the system on this side, though with the unified guide system you may want to see what other people are doing with the Oblivion and FO3 guides before adding them in. A section on character builds in both those games would probably be a pretty good addition.

Appreciate it; I'll take a look later and try to bring them back onto the site.