Can't add a new Platform

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By ManMadeGod

I want to add a new Platform but the yellow button that says "Add a new platform" is missing.
Is there a reason for this?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

New Platform is a staff-only field.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ManMadeGod

And why is that?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush
ManMadeGod said:
"And why is that?"
I would assume it's because new platforms aren't something that happen quite frequently and if a new one if coming out...I think the staff would know about it and be on it very quickly.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

What did you want to add?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum
MB said:
"What did you want to add?"
I have a feeling it is probably the new Nintendo DS, or possibly Sega Vision, which isn't a handheld gaming device.
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ManMadeGod

I was going to add the Zune since MS added game support to the system.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By kush
Karmum said:
"MB said:
I have a feeling it is probably the new Nintendo DS, or possibly Sega Vision, which isn't a handheld gaming device."
I am guessing it's the ridiculous new Sega thingermajig...
Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By Forcen

Steam should be added to.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ManMadeGod
Karmum said:
"MB said:
I have a feeling it is probably the new Nintendo DS, or possibly Sega Vision, which isn't a handheld gaming device."
Pshhhhhh, you guys guessed wrong ;)
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karmum
ManMadeGod said:
"Karmum said:
"MB said:
Pshhhhhh, you guys guessed wrong ;)"
Zune works as well, I would definitely contribute to that. Although I have a feeling it might not get put up.
Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Hangid

I beileve you have to have 5000 points to make a new page. Right now, all you can do is suggest a new page.

Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hangid
Forcen said:
"Steam should be added to."

Steam is an online service just like Xbox Live, XBL has a page, so yeah Steam should too, altough it isn't exactly a platform.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By pause422

the zune as a gaming platform, thanks for the laugh.

also Steam being wouldn't really get called a platform, I mean it has a few specific exclusives to it, but since its mostly just a good way to get PC games you can also get other ways, I doubt it would get made a platform.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_

Actually the Zune is viable as a platform addition seeing as there are actually games released on it now. Is there a Cell phone platform yet, by the way?

Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hangid
pause422 said:
"the zune as a gaming platform, thanks for the laugh."

Actually, MS recently added games support on Zune with a recent update. XNA developers are making indie games like Braid for Zune and MS plans to expand it in the future. Today you can play games on the Zune so therefore it should have a GB page, even though it only has 2 offical games. Still some platforms listed on GB dont even have games listed or attached to it. If the ipod has a page, then its only fair that Zune should too.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
Hangid said:
"pause422 said:

Actually, MS recently added games support on Zune with a recent update. XNA developers are making indie games like Braid for Zune and MS plans to expand it in the future. Today you can play games on the Zune so therefore it should have a GB page, even though it only has 2 offical games. Still some platforms listed on GB dont even have games listed or attached to it. If the ipod has a page, then its only fair that Zune should too."
Hell, there are like 40 mobile games companies and mobile games listed without a mobile phone platform XD
Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hangid

Jayge said:

"Hangid said:
"pause422 said:

Actually, MS recently added games support on Zune with a recent update. XNA developers are making indie games like Braid for Zune and MS plans to expand it in the future. Today you can play games on the Zune so therefore it should have a GB page, even though it only has 2 offical games. Still some platforms listed on GB dont even have games listed or attached to it. If the ipod has a page, then its only fair that Zune should too."
Hell, there are like 40 mobile games companies and mobile games listed without a mobile phone platform XD"

The Zune is a platform, as is the ipod. Jeff Gerstmann already explained that because there are so many of the same cell phone games, GB doesnt count 'em. And again, the ipod has crappy games, and it has a page on GB, its only fair the Zune should too since it is a supported platform.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By jeff

We will watch the Zune as its game support develops and make a decision on it at a later time. Thanks.

Also, Steam is a store. Not a platform.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#21  Edited By LordAndrew

XBLM, PSN, and the Wii Shop are standardized platforms developed and supported by the console manufacturers. Steam is but one of many digital distribution services for the PC. There isn't a standard platform for digitally distributed PC games.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By darkgoth678
LordAndrew said:
"XBLM, PSN, and the Wii Shop are standardized platforms developed and supported by the console manufacturers. Steam is but one of many digital distribution services for the PC. There isn't a standard platform for digitally distributed PC games."
I was about to agree with Jayge but this comment Lord just made makes sense. 

Also, could some staff add Graphics card, processor, motherboard, hard drive, Power Supply, RAM, Case, and such Computer Components to the Acessories list and put them that they are for the PC since they are thing one can purchase for their system. in Giantbomb I would categorize them as accessories. 
Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Lunarbunny
darkgoth678 said:
"LordAndrew said:
"XBLM, PSN, and the Wii Shop are standardized platforms developed and supported by the console manufacturers. Steam is but one of many digital distribution services for the PC. There isn't a standard platform for digitally distributed PC games."
I was about to agree with Jayge but this comment Lord just made makes sense. 

Also, could some staff add Graphics card, processor, motherboard, hard drive, Power Supply, RAM, Case, and such Computer Components to the Acessories list and put them that they are for the PC since they are thing one can purchase for their system. in Giantbomb I would categorize them as accessories. 
"
Then we'd need to count all these things in consoles too, since they use them as well. Really, the accessories are better defined as peripherals.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

What about the GP32, GP2X, and the Pandora (that one hasn't been released yet) handhelds?

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Not_Rage
@Jeff said:
" We will watch the Zune as its game support develops and make a decision on it at a later time. Thanks.
Also, Steam is a store. Not a platform.
"
Looks like the Zune is finally getting real games.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By GunstarRed

OK, I don't know  where to post this but it seems like the right place because there is a platform missing I'd like to be added.. I was starting a new list about games I have owned and   started looking at the pages for those games only to see that people hadn't put in certain platforms... 

it seems that Commodore 16 is missing , and no I dont mean 64, I mean 16.. I had a C16 and I had a bunch of games for it.