forums at bottom of pages for edit/page discsussion? is this ok?

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Psytek

I mean like how wikipedia works, where people can discuss an article and collectively decide rather than 5 people all submitting big chunks of text which are mostly the same, and a mod then having to read them all and merge them?

I know most game pages have the forum for the relevant game at the bottom, so it might dilute the discussion about the actual game, so I thought it would be best to ask if its ok to discuss editing the pages there?

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Psytek

Yeah, I've seen this all over the place, a page is empty, and loads of people submit content, and all you end up with is whichever edit is the most recent. I hate to be rude, but the moderation seems to be a bit haphazard, I see a lot of poorly written or even 100% incorrect information being approved, the worst culprit being images being attached to games that they aren't even from.

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Psytek

bump, can an admin please confirm if this is OK? I'm gunna start using the contextual forums for edit discussion otherwise.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By suneku

It's okay for people to be discussing submissions about that certain page on that certain page's forum. There's really no where else to put it if you're just wanting to discuss the submissions on that particular page.

and moved to editing and tools forum

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Psytek

kk thnx