How to: Make a Custom List

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By tariqari

This is as a good a place as any to put this.

Here is a short visual tutorial to making your own list:

Step 1: Click on something of interest which you plan to add to your new list. In this example, we'll choose Battlefield: Bad Company
Step 1: Click on something of interest which you plan to add to your new list. In this example, we'll choose Battlefield: Bad Company

Step 2: On the Battlefield: Company page, click on
Step 2: On the Battlefield: Company page, click on "Add to list" in the top right corner.

Step 3: A small java/flash window should pop up. Click on the button
Step 3: A small java/flash window should pop up. Click on the button "Custom List"

Step 4: Now fill in the description for the new list your making. Don't forget to title it!
Step 4: Now fill in the description for the new list your making. Don't forget to title it!

Step 5: An additional window should pop up, asking you for a description of why you are adding this to the new list. Click submit when finished.
Step 5: An additional window should pop up, asking you for a description of why you are adding this to the new list. Click submit when finished.

Step: 6 Your done! All you need to do is access your new list! Click the X button in the corner, then head to your profile page, then your list page.
Step: 6 Your done! All you need to do is access your new list! Click the X button in the corner, then head to your profile page, then your list page.

Step 7: Scroll down your list page. You should see your new list! Congratulations! Your now a Giant Bomber Pro! Go out and celebrate, take the kids too! Just make sure they don't bother other people...
Step 7: Scroll down your list page. You should see your new list! Congratulations! Your now a Giant Bomber Pro! Go out and celebrate, take the kids too! Just make sure they don't bother other people...

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

Cool, but didn't I just see one of these a few posts back?

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By tariqari

I had posted it in the General Discussion forum but it became it long buried. And I read somewhere that the mods cant move threads?

Graffiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Graffiti

Very helpful!

Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

But when I get to step 3, why can't I click the "My collection button" instead of making a custom list? Is there something I have to do first?

sudbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sudbuster
Gorillawhat said:
"But when I get to step 3, why can't I click the "My collection button" instead of making a custom list? Is there something I have to do first?
"
I'd like to know this as well.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By mike
tariqari said:
"I had posted it in the General Discussion forum but it became it long buried. And I read somewhere that the mods cant move threads?
"
We can move threads between the main boards, but not to or from any of the sub boards.  Not yet, anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB said:
"tariqari said:
"I had posted it in the General Discussion forum but it became it long buried. And I read somewhere that the mods cant move threads?
"
We can move threads between the main boards, but not to or from any of the sub boards.  Not yet, anyway.
"
When I get to step 3, why can't I click the "My collection button" instead of making a custom list? Is there something I have to do first?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Gorillawhat said:
"But when I get to step 3, why can't I click the "My collection button" instead of making a custom list? Is there something I have to do first?
"
'Tis a bug:

snide said:

Known bugs

1. The add to my collection buttons are not activating on certain pages.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thankds MattFTM

mattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really stupid question -- I am a new user, and confirmed my acct. I supposedly already have a list "Game of The Year 2014 Users Choice".

I can't figure out how to create a NEW list.. The UI is of course completely different nowadays. I search for a game, hit Add to List, and it just has a Pick a List window.. No way to make a new list.

I try going to my user / lists.. Create/edit list.. Title 'test', then put test in the big edit field.. Hit save & finish, it says my list is empty.

I'm doing something ridiculously dumb, I just can't figure out what. (Eventually I want to keep track of what games I own, and also keep track of interesting sounding games on a separate list -- like ones from the really old podcast episodes I'm listening to!)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattack: It will say your list is empty until you add games to it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man I don't remember the old site looking that atrocious.

mattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattack

But I'm still missing something -- it never actually added the list itself.

How can I create a new list and put "Trash Panic" on it?

Sorry for the stupid questions. (I guess I'm expecting it to sort of work more like wikipedia or other things I'm more familiar with.)

I just tried putting a numbered list with some text in the big edit field, that didn't change anything.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By Slag

@mattack:

Here's how you do it.

Go to your profile, select the lists menu, click the grey
Go to your profile, select the lists menu, click the grey "Create a new List" button as shown above
Fill in the contents of your list, when ready to publish hit the Green
Fill in the contents of your list, when ready to publish hit the Green "Save & Finish" button.
Your list is now published.
Your list is now published.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Corevi

@mattack:

Type whatever game you want into the circled box and click on it in the dropdown menu that appears
Type whatever game you want into the circled box and click on it in the dropdown menu that appears
mattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the info.. So in short, I didn't realize you HAD to use the search feature (I had thought I could just type whatever text to make my own list).

So I guess if I ever find a game I want to add that isn't here, I'll make a new page for it (highly doubtful though since most of what I like is fairly wel known).

I don't suppose I can somehow make my list not GIGANTIC pictures though? If not, maybe I'll just use notes or email to myself..