Is it OK to put links into a wiki page?

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By djames216

Long before the site relaunch in 2013 I created a Free PC Games list. In this list I incorporated links to official websites and steam store pages etc. But after the site relaunch, the links no longer work in lists (that I know of). I asked months ago if there was any intention of reinstating the ability to insert links into an item's description in a list but got no response. My question is - Is it OK to put these links on the wiki page for a given game instead? It seems like the next best thing. I have tried to duplicate my list into a blog post but it is far too fiddly and messy to maintain.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Interesting, I haven't used the lists since the change. I'm not entirely sure if it would be allowed or not, but telling them where to download it seems reasonable.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Outside links are generally discouraged, but there's no hard rule against them.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

In a related note, I went onto the wiki page for Card Hunter today, a browser based game, and suddenly realised there was no way for me to actually get to that game and play it from there. I think it would actually be really useful for web games like that to have links so you don't have to search around randomly - especially as some of them are a little obscure.

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Outside links are generally discouraged, but there's no hard rule against them.

The only links I would consider putting are official ones such as its official website.