Purposing a new rule for page submissions

Silverbucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Silverbucket

I just realized today that there are many concepts and objects that can be tied to almost any game out there. The only way that I can think of to fix having long pages for something is a rule where you have to be specific:

Like if I made a concept for level design, which can be linked to every single game out there, I would have to be more specific like linear level design or something. That way your not going to have long pages where almost everything in the database is linked to one page. Recently, I have been linking everything to shoes in games, It should be more specific like sneakers, sandals, high heels, or something along those lines.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

Yes, I agree. It seems like some objects like shoes, are just asking for point farming. 

If I were you, just start making specific pages, then put up the unspecific one on the delete and combine forum, and ask for it to be deleted. 
Silverbucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silverbucket
Player1 said:
"Yes, I agree. It seems like some objects like shoes, are just asking for point farming. 

If I were you, just start making specific pages, then put up the unspecific one on the delete and combine forum, and ask for it to be deleted. 
"
If it was an official rule, I wouldn't have to do that.
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Giantkitty

Some common sense is needed - today I submitted "Tooth" as an object. No, I didn't look for every game out there in existence with someone smiling, I put it for two games : Plaque Attack and Tooth Protectors - 2 games in which your "ship" is in someones mouth and have to protect teeth - there teeth are very important to the game.

Silverbucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silverbucket
Giantkitty said:
"Some common sense is needed - today I submitted "Tooth" as an object. No, I didn't look for every game out there in existence with someone smiling, I put it for two games : Plaque Attack and Tooth Protectors - 2 games in which your "ship" is in someones mouth and have to protect teeth - there teeth are very important to the game."
The problem is the rules don't specify that.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

If people want to link it to everything, they can. Most people have common sense with things like that. Just link it to things you want it linked to. It's not a problem if it's linked to everything.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
Read this. It's as close as we've gotten to rules in this area.
I believe he also passed a verdict on the Human concept as well. Hold on. I'll go check.

Edit: Ah. It was Daniel. Read this thread.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail
LordAndrew said:
"Read this. It's as close as we've gotten to rules in this area.
I believe he also passed a verdict on the Human concept as well. Hold on. I'll go check."
Now all they gotta do is to kill every points farmer. :S
Silverbucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silverbucket
LordAndrew said:
I believe he also passed a verdict on the Human concept as well. Hold on. I'll go check.

Edit: Ah. It was Daniel. Read this thread."
So basically, you have the option to link everything you want but it's better to link to pages that bare some significance rather than just being present in the game?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_
Silverbucket said:
"LordAndrew said:

Edit: Ah. It was Daniel. Read this thread."
So basically, you have the option to link everything you want but it's better to link to pages that bare some significance rather than just being present in the game?"
Yes.