recommended price on pages

jarryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jarryd

do you think it would be worth have the US RRP on game pages seeing as many games nowadays dont launch at the $60 retail price.

this is especially true for downloadable games where there is no set pricing structure

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

I think this is something that would have to be updated a lot as the recommended price goes down in time.

I don't think it would be worth having it on there.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I think that prices wouldn't really work due to the frequent fluctuation of prices.
Prices for XBLA, Wii Shop, and PSN games could be okay though, since those prices are constant and are unlikely to change.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OneEyedNinja7
LordAndrew said:
"I think that prices wouldn't really work due to the frequent fluctuation of prices.
Prices for XBLA, Wii Shop, and PSN games could be okay though, since those prices are constant and are unlikely to change."
Well, normally most retail games go by the MSRP, and don't change much in regular stores unless there is a sale for THAT store or part of a special price cut (a la Platinum Hits). The prices for non-downloadable games on pages could always just go with the price at launch. Also, a lot of the online marketplaces for the consoles have temporary price cuts (like the one last month on certain content on the 360 marketplace).