Save a work-in-progress

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maa4208

I think this, the ability to save a work in progress, is needed. That way we can just come back here when we want to resume instead of starting all over or using Word or .txt. files that we could easily misplace. I'm working on my big article and I feel it would be easier to work on if I could do it in chunks without having to copy and paste all the time.

Does anyone feel the same way or am I the only one?

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Termite

Well, it seems ok that you'd have to put it in a txt file. You should work on the entire thing there, and then get it over onto the site

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By maa4208
Termite said:
"Well, it seems ok that you'd have to put it in a txt file. You should work on the entire thing there, and then get it over onto the site
"
I understand that but I think my idea would be rather time and mind saving. Maybe I like to save those things. Call me a hero or something. =P
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By epic_pets

Yea that would be awesome

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By serbsta

This is something which would most likely be implemented in the near future, the system cant work for long and expect quality information without allowing for progress to be saved.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strife88

That would be a good idea. I usually just write something in word and transfer it when I'm done for now, I've heard some people lost their work since their computers crashed.

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maa4208

Well I'm glad that some other people agree with me. =) Here's to seeing this in the future! =D

Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Felix

I like this idea, but the submission in question would have to be saved in the user's profile area not in the game's page itself I assume.

Or if it is saved in the games page, the person can who is working on it can give permissions to other users to look at it and perhaps help out on it, that way you can have some collaborations with other people who want to contribute.

I think it is an awesome idea, but would take some time to implement, I'm gonna assume it won't happen anytime soon.

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By maa4208
Felix said:
"I like this idea, but the submission in question would have to be saved in the user's profile area not in the game's page itself I assume.

Or if it is saved in the games page, the person can who is working on it can give permissions to other users to look at it and perhaps help out on it, that way you can have some collaborations with other people who want to contribute.

I think it is an awesome idea, but would take some time to implement, I'm gonna assume it won't happen anytime soon.
"
The part about it being in the user's page would be exactly what I had in mind. I don't really like the idea of it being on the other page so others can see it because they could possibly use that and make their own article thingy on it, wasting all the hard work you put into it. I know I may seem paranoid but whatever. =P
Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Felix

Oh, what I mean (kind of vague last time) was that if the data is saved in the games page, others still can't see it UNTIL you give them permission to do so, so you can get a group of people who really like a game together and help edit an article until its ready to be put up then the points are distributed accordingly.

This is pretty much whats going on right now, but on a much larger scale with a lot of games.

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By maa4208
Felix said:
"Oh, what I mean (kind of vague last time) was that if the data is saved in the games page, others still can't see it UNTIL you give them permission to do so, so you can get a group of people who really like a game together and help edit an article until its ready to be put up then the points are distributed accordingly.

This is pretty much whats going on right now, but on a much larger scale with a lot of games.
"
Alright, that sounds a lot better. Before it didn't sound all that right but I guess it was vague.

Lets hope the people at GB really take this idea seriously.