Should images from movies based on games be added?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By brukaoru

I've gotten the opinion of two moderators, but I was advised that I should get the opinion of others as well.

The question is basically, should movies that are based on videogames have images from the films be added into their galleries? I personally think games based on movies shouldn't have images of their films, but for films based on games, I think the images are warranted in their galleries, especially since wiki pages will mention them.

What do you think?

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Sure.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Well dude I think its fine. I dont really see a problem with it, its like someone arguing about writing sections about the movies ot tv shows based off the game(or the game is based off of, like someone talking about some of the movies in Pokemon.) I think its fine man. thats all I got for now man. Just my opinion though.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

They're not from the games. They shouldn't be in the screenshots or images *for* the game. That's my take.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shotaro

so you mean for example the silent hill series page should have images from the silent hill movie?

I would agree but not the other way round. (over the hedge movie caps on the over the hedge game page) why that particular film popped into my head I am not sure but what the hell

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Discorsi

Only in the character pages of said game's characters.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brukaoru
Jayge said:
"They're not from the games. They shouldn't be in the screenshots or images *for* the game. That's my take."
Actually, I would think it would be appropriate to put them in the "franchise" page, not the individual game gallery.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MasturbatingBear
brukaoru said:
"Jayge said:
"They're not from the games. They shouldn't be in the screenshots or images *for* the game. That's my take."
Actually, I would think it would be appropriate to put them in the "franchise" page, not the individual game gallery."
I agree, guy. If someone is going to do that I guess its best if they are arranged well. Is that what your getting at man?
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By SpecTackle

I don't really see why not...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
MasturbatingBear said:
"brukaoru said:
"Jayge said:
Actually, I would think it would be appropriate to put them in the "franchise" page, not the individual game gallery."
I agree, guy. If someone is going to do that I guess its best if they are arranged well. Is that what your getting at man?"
She's a woman.

But what would be the *point* of having them? They don't tell anyone anything about the game.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brukaoru

Good point Jayge, but the wiki pages mention the films, so that's why I think they could be allowed.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Well I guess images are images. If a game like street fighter has a movie which it did I don't see why not have an image from the movie. It shows that there was other forms of media besides a game based off of the franchise. When it starts to get fucking ridiculous is when there is more images like that than there are of actual gameplay images. I don't see why there should be more then 2 or 3 from movies.  And I don't agree about your thoughts on Brukarou, but everyones entitled to their own opinion about things.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
brukaoru said:
"Good point Jayge, but the wiki pages mention the films, so that's why I think they could be allowed."
But should the Wiki pages be mentioning the films? This brings the discussion back to whether pokemon episode lists should be allowed.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Black_Rose

I don't think so. If they're not in the game they should not be in the page

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brukaoru
Jayge said:
"brukaoru said:
"Good point Jayge, but the wiki pages mention the films, so that's why I think they could be allowed."
But should the Wiki pages be mentioning the films? This brings the discussion back to whether pokemon episode lists should be allowed."
Specifically talking about franchise pages, I think films should be mentioned. As well as other mediums. For example, Devil May Cry has comic books, novels and mangas out there. If the game was never created, those things wouldn't exist. I think it's important to recognize them, but that's just my opinion.

Edit: I will ask a mod to delete the off topics posts here.